Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Mar 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
koi
Serious Dibber

Modifying Disney Vacation Booking?

Was due to be in Disney Coronado Springs hotel in less than 2 weeks. I understand they will give me a full refund if I do not contact them but was wondering about modifying to a later date in October. Do I have to pay any more if the rate is different & will they honor my free dining plan and $200 Disney Dollars?
Thanks for any advice.
Old 15 Mar 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Only if you travel in the original dates that were offered so the free dining was certain dates up to the 3 October after this you would loose free dining and have 10% off
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by darsch1982 View Post
Only if you travel in the original dates that were offered so the free dining was certain dates up to the 3 October after this you would loose free dining and have 10% off
Is that true? As the Disney website states
"If you’re arriving before 30 June 2020 and wish to change your reservation to a new date we will waive all amendment fees, and maintain your existing offer, if applicable"
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes as the applicable offer is that from 4th October its 10% not the free djning that's what I got told today got cut off as I was asking my husband if we should change. The free djning was only certain dates until 3rd oct so you are still benefiting an offer but that would what was applicable at the time which is 10%pff from 4th October onward.
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

You will also be liable to pay any difference in cost as difference in times of year. But the 200$ was available so you would keep that
Old 15 Mar 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

They need to reword that then as that's not what "if applicable" means. It means they will keep existing offer if you already have an offer. Otherwise what offer are they promising to keep.
I think the staff are probably under a lot of pressure and finding it difficult to keep up with changing situation.
Old 15 Mar 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

That would be existing offer as if you change your dates to after October 3rd and don't cancel that was the offer that was available when you booked not free dining im afraid. I have decided to go for october and we chnage but got free nights as was a better offer
Old 15 Mar 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

If applicable is that if the free dining was offered on your new dates then thats what you would get. As it wasn't you would get what offer was on at that time otherwise they would have people who did book for october originally with the 10% kicking off as they should be entitled to free djning.
Old 15 Mar 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by darsch1982 View Post
If applicable is that if the free dining was offered on your new dates then thats what you would get. As it wasn't you would get what offer was on at that time otherwise they would have people who did book for october originally with the 10% kicking off as they should be entitled to free djning.
That's no difference to what you would be offered in normal circumstances. That's not keeping your current offer.
I've since been reading a Facebook group and some have been told they should be able keep free dining offer but currently the system won't allow it, as they have to currently cancel the booking and book new fresh booking and are awaiting a system update to allow them to process.
They would be very small minded if they did kick off.