Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Mar 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
Thank you, there are some free programmes out there if she wanted have a go at recording her own stuff. I'd recommend Audacity to get started. I use a mac so it has an inbuilt mic but I have borrowed (with my head teachers permission!) an audio box and a mic from school to help with the process. It's mainly about experimenting with the software and seeing what you come up with.

(Also, if you have a mac then Apple are doing a FREE trial of Logic Pro X for 3 months, which is amazing as the software is around £200!)
Thank you so much for the info. We don't have a Mac, she just has a standard Windows laptop but will def look to see what there is that she could use.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile Learning new skills

Hope everyone is staying safe and those who are key workers I applaud you. Thank you so much.
It’s been a rough month for me personally after having found a fantastic new job, 5 minutes from home that all came crashing down after being made redundant one week after starting.

Hey ho I’ve been signing up for online learning and have so far nearly completed studying Egyptian Hieroglyphics Diploma, something ive wanted to do for years. After finishing this I’ve signed up for Excel Diploma-I hate excel as I can’t understand it so thought it was time to put my big girl knickers on and learn.
In between this I’m also teaching myself to touch type.
Hopefully my new skills will allow me to find another job!

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

I would love to learn to crochet.

I am looking for a beginners kit so if anyone can recommend one that would be great. Thanks
Old 31 Mar 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

I’d love to learn to play the piano
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sara_toga View Post

I am looking for a beginners kit so if anyone can recommend one that would be great. Thanks
I tried that last night! I was watching a beginners video and was all fingers and thumbs. My husband was laughing at me struggling - he said my face was a picture. I can knit and have done since I was a child but I think it will take a while to master crochet. Not going to give up yet though.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Looking at learning SoapUI and possibly brushing up on my German.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I was doing a Welsh course which has been stopped for now but I'll carry on with Duolingo. I've just started learning Spanish. I don't have much motivation at the moment though.
Hannah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

I’m learning patience - and quickly discovering I don’t have much!

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
I tried that last night! I was watching a beginners video and was all fingers and thumbs. My husband was laughing at me struggling - he said my face was a picture. I can knit and have done since I was a child but I think it will take a while to master crochet. Not going to give up yet though.
Hated knitting at school so maybe crochet is not for me
Old 31 Mar 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sara_toga View Post

Deramores sell blanket kits ( wool and pattern), and some of them are pretty easy for beginners. I can knit but prefer crochet - it’s really easy.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List