Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 27 Mar 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Cancelling / banking

We were going on 9th July , what is the deadline for cancelling without penalties and I cannot remember if my banking window is beginning or end July , we have a December use year

Saratoska is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
We were going on 9th July , what is the deadline for cancelling without penalties and I cannot remember if my banking window is beginning or end July , we have a December use year
You must cancel at least 31 days before your check in date, then you won't incur a penalty.
Cancelling or changing a reservation at 30 days or less, then the points will be placed into an holding account.

December use-year, so last day to bank points July 31.

Use YearaaaaaaaaLast Day to Bank Points
FebruaryaaaaaaaaaSeptember 30
Marchaaaaaaaaaaa.October 31
Aprilaaaaaaaaaaaa.November 30
Juneaaaaaaaaaaaa.January 31
Augustaaaaaaaaaa.March 31
September aaaaaa.April 30
Octoberaaaaaaaaa.May 31
Decemberaaaaaaa.July 31

While I believe the above to be correct it's always best to check with Member Services and good luck.

Also check out...
disneyvacationclub.disney.go...nt/definition/
disneyvacationclub.disney.go...a-reservation/

Modifying a Reservation

31 or More Days Before Check-In

If the new reservation uses fewer Vacation Points than the original reservation, the remaining Vacation Points will be returned to your account in the Use Year in which the reservation falls.

30 Days to One Day Before Check-In
All Vacation Points will be placed in a Holding Account in the Use Year in which the reservation falls. If the new reservation uses fewer Vacation Points than the original reservation, the remaining Vacation Points in the Holding Account will expire at the end of your Use Year if not used.

On the Check-In date
If the new reservation uses fewer Vacation Points than the orignal reservation, the remaining Vacation Points will be forfeited.

Cancelling a Reservation*

31 or More Days Before Check-In
All Vacation Points used to make the reservation will be returned to your account in the Use Year in which the reservation falls.

30 Days to One Day Before Check-In
All Vacation Points used to make the reservation will be placed in a Holding Account in the Use Year in which the reservation falls.
On the Check-In date All Vacation Points used to make the reservation will be forfeited.

*If you made your reservation using cash, other guidelines may apply. Please contact Member Services at (800) 800-9800† or (407) 566-3800† for more details.

Edited at 12:15 PM.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
thank you

we were holding off but trumps approach is scarying us

Saratoska is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I’m similar to you. Supposed to check into OKW on 6th July after a week at ASM.

We also have a December use year. Now need to work out when 31 days is so my points don’t go into holding!
Old 27 Mar 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBB
Apprentice Imagineer

i thought if the DVC resort was closed then all the points went back into your account and not into holding. Of course if the resort is open then it will be holding. I have a Oct use year and my banking window 31st May. So I have to make a decision to cancel when everything might open up in August in time for my holiday. If I wait and it is still closed or unsafe to go then I will lose the points.
DisneyBB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
It's 31st July
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
I’m in the same boat as you. We go 18/7 and have a Dec UY, I think I’ve also borrowed some from 2020, but I’m figuring I can wait until mid June before making a decision

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List