Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Mar 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by irvin38a View Post
Seems like a really great offer. Unfortunately we are booked through Netflights so won’t be eligible for the offer.
The best offer is to have your money back. Cash is king in the current environment and better in my account than Richard Bransons
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
drew2u
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by irvin38a View Post
Seems like a really great offer. Unfortunately we are booked through Netflights so won’t be eligible for the offer.
Same here, flight only through Expedia on 6/6 and paid with Amex.

Our trip to NY this coming Monday was cancelled by BA and quickly refunded but this one sounds like it could get complicated.
drew2u is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Mobile

Bear in mind for those getting a refund v rebooking. A re-book or date change does not constitute a new booking in the eyes of the insurers. So rèbooking if you can actually retains your cover for coronavirus, should you get ill etc. A refund and then new booking clearly doesn't have that same protection.

We're in the same boat deciding whether to delay and rebook or just cancel completely.

The June offer is a teaser as it's tough to know if this will all be over by then.
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

What insurance company told you that? I've read in s few places that rescheduling or new booking makes no difference as it's now a known thing.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
What insurance company told you that? I've read in s few places that rescheduling or new booking makes no difference as it's now a known thing.
Nationwide have this among their FAQ, not sure if it applies to flight only but I would think so
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Nationwide flex plus insurance has some FAQ
nationwide/support/tra...b:copy-of-faq6

Rescheduling an existing booking would be covered if the original booking made before 18th March
If you accept vouchers in return to use at a later date then not covered.
Because I wouldn't have cover if accepted voucher I'd rather reschedule. I'm DIY this time so I've accepted I'm likely to be out of pocket unless we go in August

Edited at 08:40 AM.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
The AA. We booked before this all became a known issue. We're also independent bookings so provided each booking is changed rather than booked from new the cover remains.
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Ahhh now I read it that way. Thank you. So if travelling before 30th June (we are due to travel 23rd May) we can re-schedule without any further costs up until 30th April 2021?
That's not my understanding of the notice.

I've read it that if you cancel (or flight was cancelled) and rebook to travel before end June 2020 then no change fee or price difference, which I imagine would be very few people, however if you book to travel after that then you pay price difference
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post

I think it would be best to check with your insurer. There may be different rules for each insurance.

Mine for example has told me that changing the dates does not mean that the Insurance is portable. Mine is a single trip insurance not annual.

And I would get their agreement in writing.

I would be very clear that your holiday is with virgin etc given the recent press stories on this as that would be another factor.

Lastly, if they said yes today, they may not say yes in future if Virgin formally request a bailout in the next few days as reported.

In either event would you be covered for Coronavirus next year? Or this?

Edit - plus if package have relatively good protection now, if flight only covered by atol now presumably. If you shift it what happens to those protections?

Edited at 09:16 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wolf1984 View Post
Bear in mind for those getting a refund v rebooking. A re-book or date change does not constitute a new booking in the eyes of the insurers. So rèbooking if you can actually retains your cover for coronavirus, should you get ill etc. A refund and then new booking clearly doesn't have that same protection.

We're in the same boat deciding whether to delay and rebook or just cancel completely.

The June offer is a teaser as it's tough to know if this will all be over by then.
I think you need to be a bit careful here as this doesn't seem to be the case for all insurance policies.

Each person needs to check their own policy for this as changing and not getting away might become very expensive if insurance doesn't cover.

Edited at 10:12 AM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List