Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 30 Mar 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Disney's Swan hotel

Not at all keen on the refurbished rooms at POR... so looking at other alternatives and now considering the Swan
Anyone stayed there recently and is happy to share their views? I'm particularly interested in how long (or short) the walk is to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Thanks.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s an easy walk to both. About half a mile? Slightly closer to Epcot than HS. I really liked it for the money I paid. Be aware of resort and parking fees though
Old 30 Mar 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Also, it’s not a Disney hotel.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
It’s an easy walk to both. About half a mile? Slightly closer to Epcot than HS. I really liked it for the money I paid. Be aware of resort and parking fees though
Thanks. Half a mile doesn't sound too bad, would certainly be okay first thing (perhaps less so after a day in the park). Yes, rather hefty resort charges, though on Attraction Tickets the price seems to include those.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Also, it’s not a Disney hotel.
Well I understand it's a sort of hybrid and they do include wdw in their name. I know that guests can't use the magical express and don't receive magic bands, but FP can be booked at 60 days which is important for us.
Old 30 Mar 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Stayed there a few years ago and quite enjoyed it. If you didn't fancy the walk there's always the Friendship boats. Although not Disney you still get EMH (we did anyway).
Old 30 Mar 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Stayed there a few years ago and quite enjoyed it. If you didn't fancy the walk there's always the Friendship boats. Although not Disney you still get EMH (we did anyway).
We're actually quite keen on the walk, at least in principle
EMH is certainly another perk, though I must admit last year we only took advantage of EMH once
Old 30 Mar 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
We're actually quite keen on the walk, at least in principle
EMH is certainly another perk, though I must admit last year we only took advantage of EMH once
We were never beaten by the boat, to Epcot.

At the end of the day we often prefer just to keep walking, standing on one spot in the boat queue sometimes makes the foot pain worse
Old 30 Mar 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
We were never beaten by the boat, to Epcot.

At the end of the day we often prefer just to keep walking, standing on one spot in the boat queue sometimes makes the foot pain worse
That's true, standing can feel worse than walking. I do really like the idea of being able to walk to 2 parks (which normally is only available as deluxe prices).

We're not keen on the look of the resort from the outside, but the rooms and pools look lovely. If we can't do free dining, I think this could work well for us.
Old 31 Mar 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
Well I understand it's a sort of hybrid and they do include wdw in their name. I know that guests can't use the magical express and don't receive magic bands, but FP can be booked at 60 days which is important for us.
Cool, just checking!
I’m not sure where you’re booking but the Swan and Dolphin are often on Priceline and Hotwire’s secret hotels cheap.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List