Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 23 Mar 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Where is the easiest way to see what points were used in a reservation?
Old 23 Mar 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
fmol196
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by fmol196 View Post
Brilliant- am very pleased for you. I cancelled on 13th the day before check in so if they are sorting in order maybe mine will be sorted tomorrow ! 😃
Just to update my points have been returned to 2020 use year today 😃
I have 66 which were banked from 2018 which I need to try to deposit into RCI, but need to talk to a cast member to do this so was trying to wait till people have sorted their reservations . May try later in week hope others are having success
Old 23 Mar 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
I don’t think there is an easy way Gavvy.
Old 23 Mar 20, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
Possibly best to ring MS but also try the following...

Under My DVC click on My Dashboard.
Click on the reservation you want to check and a dropdown menu opens.
Click in the box View or Modify Details
Opens a new page Your Reservation.
Click on Modify opposite the check in and out dates and number of vacation points used.
That opens a new page named Modify Your Search.
Scroll down past travel dates, room types and resorts to blue box named Check Availability which you click.
That opens your resort, room type and number of points and click the room type which could be Delux Studio.
That opens the calendar with your dates highlighted in dark blue.
Below the calendar is the number of nights, your dates and points used, without changing anything just click in the blue box Continue
That opens a new page called Your Room is Available and below will be a breakdown of the points used from each contract.
Also if they are banked points they will indicate they have to be used by the end of your current user year, if not then they should be bankable.

If you have multiple contracts you might be able to select and use different points.

You can then either click Continue in the blue box which rebooks the same room without any changes or hit the back button, and while a box opens stating Your Room Is About to Be Released your original reservation will not be modified.
So click Leave This Page
Then hit the next back button, then cancel and back again until you are back to your Dashboard.

Good luck and let us know if that worked.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I don’t think there is an easy way Gavvy.
Cheers.. I sit it out. Obviously now my may 9 trip is not happening
But as virgin seem to think everything is ok after next week... I will sit tight.

Got a feeling i used some banked points and have an April use year. So dunno what will happen
Old 25 Mar 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
I think this is the status but as they don't want to hear from anyone with a booking post March 31st I haven't spoken to them directly yet. I had a big family holiday planned so used banked points from last year (a little over 30 points) and used all of this years allocation plus most of next years allocation. So even if Disney is shut and I can't use my points so I lose all but the points from next years allocation - I have a June use year.
You can place them in RCI.

RCI also has some disney properties on their books.
It costs more points to do it this way IF you want a disney property BUT thats better than losing them all (imo)

Info on DVC member page and RCI website

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mermaids1960
Getting excited

mermaids1960's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Spoke to DVC yesterday and banking rules still apply ☹️ points that had come from last June’s still cannot be banked as missed the window, they need to be used by June 1st

Owner at Animal Kingdom
mermaids1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
KFJames
Imagineer

KFJames's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by mermaids1960 View Post
Spoke to DVC yesterday and banking rules still apply ☹️ points that had come from last June’s still cannot be banked as missed the window, they need to be used by June 1st
I'm in the same boat, got 134 points from 2018 that will go into RCI which I'm ok with but also 250 that need to be used by June 1st. I said I was not happy with this & the person I spoke to said they would escalate so took full details & I'm waiting for someone to call me back. I'd be happy if they gave me my annual dues back for this year. When they call I'll let you know what they say.
Old 31 Mar 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by KFJames View Post
I'm in the same boat, got 134 points from 2018 that will go into RCI which I'm ok with but also 250 that need to be used by June 1st. I said I was not happy with this & the person I spoke to said they would escalate so took full details & I'm waiting for someone to call me back. I'd be happy if they gave me my annual dues back for this year. When they call I'll let you know what they say.
Do you have to join RCI , went on their website to see what was available but they ask for a reference number to get into their site

Saratoska is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Ears
VIP Dibber

I really feel for dibbers where current use years with holidays booked outside of banking 8 month window. It doesn't seem right these points or previous banked points are just lost!
Stay safe all x