Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Aug 17, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
LawrenceFamily
Imagineer

Mobile

We found with the additional snack credit pp this year we had SO MUCH FOOD! Our bags are filled with goofy's candy co sweets and we never had to worry about snack credits. We also found using a QSDP credit on pancakes for breakfast and subbing the drink for a pain au chocolate fed all 4 of us (DDs don't each much breakfast) and my top tip would be to NEVER get QSDP kids meals - your credits don't distinguish between adult or kids meals for QS so makes more sense to split an adult QS meal (just as much food as 2xkids) and then either use the other for breakfast or trade for 3 snacks x
Old 13 Aug 17, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by LawrenceFamily View Post
We found with the additional snack credit pp this year we had SO MUCH FOOD! Our bags are filled with goofy's candy co sweets and we never had to worry about snack credits. We also found using a QSDP credit on pancakes for breakfast and subbing the drink for a pain au chocolate fed all 4 of us (DDs don't each much breakfast) and my top tip would be to NEVER get QSDP kids meals - your credits don't distinguish between adult or kids meals for QS so makes more sense to split an adult QS meal (just as much food as 2xkids) and then either use the other for breakfast or trade for 3 snacks x
With regards to never using on a kids meal dd12 always wants the kids pasta at Be our Guest and the same at Wolfgang puck express. Would we be better paying oop for her or does anyone know if they'll do a bigger portion & let her have an adult size drink? (I know bog don't do pasta on the adult menu). I doubt we'll use all our credits over 3nights but thinking I'd get more value out of swapping the credits for snacks. Is it still 3 snacks for a qsdp credit or only 2?

Edited at 08:45 AM.
Orlando 2004 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I've noticed people saying a desert is now removed from quick service meals.

We have the dining plan which offers one table service, one quick service, two snacks and the resort mug.

Does this mean it is now increased to three snacks in total as the desert is removed.

Thanks for any answers.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
I've noticed people saying a desert is now removed from quick service meals.

We have the dining plan which offers one table service, one quick service, two snacks and the resort mug.

Does this mean it is now increased to three snacks in total as the desert is removed.

Thanks for any answers.
No, last year it was one snack so the removal of dessert from QS meals now means an additional snack credit so two in total. Those of us on DDP haven't lost out as we can use that extra snack for dessert and still get dessert with TS meals however those on QSDP have effectively lost a dessert/snack.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dreaming
VIP Dibber

Hi Lisa just a quick question when we check out do we lose the remaining balance we have straight away, we are booked in at Crystal Palace at 9.40 so we where going to check out first.
Disney Dreaming is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Dreaming View Post
Hi Lisa just a quick question when we check out do we lose the remaining balance we have straight away, we are booked in at Crystal Palace at 9.40 so we where going to check out first.
Your credits remain active till midnight on check out day.
Old 1 Oct 17, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Great thread, very helpful, especially for someone like me using the qsdp for the first time.

Wee question if I may, do all qs meals come with a drink as standard and if you don't require this, can it be substituted for a side like fries (if not included in meal) or dessert, pastry, etc?

Many thanks!
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 17, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Great thread, very helpful, especially for someone like me using the qsdp for the first time.

Wee question if I may, do all qs meals come with a drink as standard and if you don't require this, can it be substituted for a side like fries (if not included in meal) or dessert, pastry, etc?

Many thanks!
They all come with a drink but not everywhere will let you sub this for a snack. The resort quick service places do, I think because of the refillable mug, but everywhere else you'd need to ask and plan for them to say no. All meals will come with a side though it's just dessert that's gone and to be honest they were never that great anyway.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 17, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPunk
Trying for More Ears

DisneyPunk's Reviews
Mobile

Hi
We are heading to WDW in November 2017
Have Dibbers been able to exchange QS credit for 2 snacks this year?
We did regularly last year 2016
DisneyPunk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 17, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Actually it's three snacks for a qs meal and I'm going to try it out in the sweetie shop at Disney Springs tonight, checked out of pofq today -

Edit: btw, I now know what dibbers mean when they say you'll have loads of credits left. I started off being cautious in how I used then, needn't have bothered, loads left. They'll be exchanged for loads of sweets tonight -

Edited at 05:58 PM.
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List