Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 18 Oct 18, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hendriks View Post
Has anyone else managed to order using a UK credit card?
Keeps declining?

Despite using Yorkshire T tip
Yes (well debit card), it was declined first time then we had a fraud alert text, we confirmed it was us and were told to try again (from the bank), went through fine.

YT's discount code worked for $10, the other one someone had posted didn't.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Beddy666
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
As many know, the likes of Instacart and Amazon are eating into Garden Grocer and Dizzy Dolphin’s market share because they are a LOT cheaper. I was shocked when doing test baskets to see Garden Grocer had inflated grocery price by 50% in my basket.
I’ve finalised my Instacart today and here are a few tips:

1) You can only book it 5 days in advance. Do not worry it is a much bigger business than Garden Grocer and they actually have tons of time slots even on the same day.
2) As per a tip given to me on here, put a basket together well in advance and leave it, and you will be emailed with constantly extending (‘last chance’j $15 off first order vouchers.
3) If you put your basket together well in advance (months in my case) and go back in, a bug means your basket may disappear. Don’t worry as long as you are logged in, add something else to it and it comes back (you can then remove items).
4) Play around with quantities. If you are doing Publix it’s often they have 2 for 1 or second half price offers etc. This isn’t advertised on Instacart. I only twigged when I added a second shower gel and the price stayed the same! So I began playing around with quantities and, for example, added another 24 pack of water for $3.
5) They have some ‘buy enough quantity of this brand and we will deliver free offers’. For example, Gatorade, we like the zero calorie stuff and they also have this other brand (not called Gatorade but owned by them ) of watermelon water we like. I added another pack and don’t even have to pay the $15 delivery. I only assume brands are agreeing to subsidise it to sell more product.
6) Alcohol- I’ve heard Disney are becoming increasing strict on accepting this at bell services if you are getting delivery before you arrive. You may be OK, maybe not. For me, who likes advanced delivery of groceries (see below) I won’t risk it so am leaving it off. If you are at an Epcot resort you can walk over to the petrol station outside Boardwalk for a big beer selection.
7) Advanced delivery is good because bell services will refrigerate it, and I like it to be there when I arrive and it all go up to the room, so you are not having to hang about and meet the delivery etc. Disney recently put on its website that there is now a $5 charge to receive groceries (not just packages), I have seen this with my own eyes but haven’t time to trawl the website looking this minute. Only a few people have reportedly been charged it and mentioned it on forums (insistent it was for groceries and not just packages) but it seems spottily enforced with many recent trippers saying they still haven’t been charged. Don’t be surprised though if you are.

Edit
Just finalised order, a few more tips:
8) There is nowhere to put anything but a US Zip code in the Zip code box when you are entering payment details. Leave it blank and just put your whole address in the address tab including postcode in the address tab, and payment goes through fine.
9) They charged me a $9 admin fee to ‘help fund instacart’. However wasn’t too bothered as paid no delivery. Prices were often very good, for example I was getting my favourite Chex cereal for $2 a box on offer! I got 8 boxes, this will last me and the kids 2 weeks.
10) You don’t have to leave a tip but it auto comes up as 5% unless you change it. I spent $200. I toyed with leaving nothing, but went for $5 instead. I’m already paying delivery (or would be if I’d not ordered enough Gatorade to get free delivery) and an admin charge.
11) I couldn’t see any $15 off, despite clicking another email today saying it’s extended (again). Maybe it’s because I got free delivery. So I googled Instacart Coupon and got a discount code for $15 off, applied it, and it knocked $10 off. Ok, no big deal at least it’s more off.

We got a very big shop in, Bell Services will be cursing us lol. I reckon Garden Grocer would have been $80+ more. I’ll report back in this thread how it went Saturday.

Here is a $10 off code is anyone needs one PAULH2C219A. Hope it works.
Am I reading this right, you can order groceries to your Disney hotel? I.e breakfast bits if wanted and Disney don’t mind?
(Just getting my head around it all, some great tips)
Beddy666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
wedgeh
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Beddy666 View Post
Am I reading this right, you can order groceries to your Disney hotel? I.e breakfast bits if wanted and Disney don’t mind?
(Just getting my head around it all, some great tips)
Correct, in fact bell services are generally very helpful and will store perishables in a fridge until you ring to have them sent to your room. Just remember to give a good tip!
wedgeh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Just on the alcohol issue. Someone ordered Instacart at Art of Animation the other week, called Bell Services telling them there was alcohol in it and to accept it, and they reported it was fine.
I think it's another example of spottily enforced Disney 'rules' and how it's a crap shoot on whether your order from anyone could or could not be turned away if it contains alcohol.
Personally I'd still now avoid it with any service, and make sure I was there to meet the delivery if getting it.
Old 18 Oct 18, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Beddy666

Mobile

So which shops do people use for the delivery, I saw publix, is there a Walmart or of the same ilk close enough for delivery? Do people just order snacks etc, they would other wise be buying in resort and forking out more money for?
Beddy666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

So which shops do people use for the delivery, I saw publix, is there a Walmart or of the same ilk close enough for delivery? Do people just order snacks etc, they would other wise be buying in resort and forking out more money for?
I'm DVC and have a full kitchen. I bought $200 of shopping from Instacart. We have breakfasts in room, often make up sandwiches for lunch, get some pasta in for the second night as we are too tired to go out, buy tons of Gatorade Zero, water to drink in room and take to parks (now about 4.50 a coke in parks). We get yoghurts (don't eat desserts in restaurants), biscuits, granola bars, suncream (we love No Ad) , fruits, cereals, Orange Juice, butter, bread for toast, Italian sub rolls, packs of ham and chicken ,cheese.
Instacart you can pick the store, we use Publix.
Old 18 Oct 18, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We've used Garden Grocer in the past but are trying Instacart this trip. I order breakfast items as we're not big fans of US breakfasts so I tend to make omelettes / poached eggs / pancakes with fruit etc. whilst everyone's getting ready in the mornings, then Coffee, snacks, ice cream, wine...

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Hendriks

Mobile

Hello all Yorkshire T
I used a different card and it worked

But the card that failed —Halifax then1 hour later sent a text saying fraud alert and then said I can do the shop

Because Halifax has no foreign charges can I cancel and reorder ? The same shop? Using Halifax to save the 2.5% fee

Also York t your code worked
Hendriks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hendriks View Post
Hello all Yorkshire T
I used a different card and it worked

But the card that failed —Halifax then1 hour later sent a text saying fraud alert and then said I can do the shop

Because Halifax has no foreign charges can I cancel and reorder ? The same shop? Using Halifax to save the 2.5% fee

Also York t your code worked
Not sure Hendrik's.

The Halifax card is a pain when it does this, I've had the same in USA and the text takes ages sometimes, by which time you have had to use a different card.

Glad the code worked.

Let us know how the delivery went.
Old 18 Oct 18, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Beddy666

Mobile

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
We've used Garden Grocer in the past but are trying Instacart this trip. I order breakfast items as we're not big fans of US breakfasts so I tend to make omelettes / poached eggs / pancakes with fruit etc. whilst everyone's getting ready in the mornings, then Coffee, snacks, ice cream, wine...
Are you DVC as well? I just wondered whether anyone does this if on the dining plans etc?