Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by MyMagicHoliday View Post
Hi guys,

again just on what I have seen on here.

Just to be clear on my earlier message, if you have a booking with another agent, we cannot help you (I think some people misunderstood my comment). You will need to contact your agent.

If you are booked with us and have any questions please call our free number 0800 3277108. No bookings can be discussed online due to data protection.

With regards to my comment about calling us if you DON'T have a booking with us, this refers to anyone who hasn't booked with us and is speculating how things will work with us, and potentially telling our customers incorrect information. I've seen a few comments on social media from people NOT booked with us giving advice to OUR customers that is factually incorrect.

We don't need a buy out should Cooks go under.

We have contingency plans in place to continue trading as usual with ABTA & ATOL protection.

Not only that, should you have a booking with us, and Cooks go under, we have plans in place to re protect holidays.

I can't really say much else, it's a waiting game for all, but we won't be going anywhere!

I hope this helps!

Mattie
I appreciate your comments, but understanding insolvency law I think you are not correct.

If TC goes under whilst you are still a member of them you go under too and can only trade with agreement of the adminstrator. At this moment in time they will have only given an indication of what could happen they can't (and wouldn't) be able to agree to a carte Blanche guarantee to continue trade.

So unless you've already bought yourselves out of the TC group you are in the same position they are in.

If you can show that you have an agreement otherwise I'd love to see it (and I really hope you do) but without that guarantee you are at risk of not opening the doors on Monday too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Ever After Holidays
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Bluetrekker View Post
Thanks Mattie, excellent customer service. We are booked with you for next summer (Virgin flights + Disney) and this makes me feel much better. Best of luck at what I’m sure is a hectic time!
I am really humbled by some of your comments I really am!

Thank you!

We are pleased to have gotten things in place worse case!

We will be open Monday contrary to the above comment should cooks cease trading.

Ever After Holidays
☎️0800 3277108
🌐ABTA & Atol Protected
www.everafterholidays.com

Edited at 12:27 PM.
Ever After Holidays is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Not a TC or MMH customer, but kudos to Mattie for coming on here and giving what information they can generally. Good customer service under the circumstances.

Fingers crossed for all the DIBBers who are waiting to hear (and for the TC staff and other TAs who are also on tenterhooks) what Monday brings.
Old 21 Sep 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Understanding insolvency law and knowing what the exact relationship between Freedom and TC and the implications however are two different things.

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I appreciate your comments, but understanding insolvency law I think you are not correct.

If TC goes under whilst you are still a member of them you go under too and can only trade with agreement of the adminstrator. At this moment in time they will have only given an indication of what could happen they can't (and wouldn't) be able to agree to a carte Blanche guarantee to continue trade.

So unless you've already bought yourselves out of the TC group you are in the same position they are in.

If you can show that you have an agreement otherwise I'd love to see it (and I really hope you do) but without that guarantee you are at risk of not opening the doors on Monday too.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Understanding insolvency law and knowing what the exact relationship between Freedom and TC and the implications however are two different things.
Fair point.

I don't know their exact relationship so there could be some ways around it, but if freedom are wholly owned by TC and MMH are wholly owned by freedom (and I have no idea here if that is the case) then it is totally cut and dried and they will all enter administration at the same point.
Old 21 Sep 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Ever After Holidays
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Fair point.

I don't know their exact relationship so there could be some ways around it, but if freedom are wholly owned by TC and MMH are wholly owned by freedom (and I have no idea here if that is the case) then it is totally cut and dried and they will all enter administration at the same point.
At this time we cannot give you any further details as No one knows what will hapenn!

However i can confirm we are NOT owned by Freedom and we WILL be open as usual should Cooks fail to secure monies needed.

Ever After Holidays
☎️0800 3277108
🌐ABTA & Atol Protected
Ever After Holidays is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I'm pretty sure they aren't , my understanding is there are financial ties but MMH are not wholly owned by TC ... I've always found Mattie to be very frank and transparent so whilst I can understand that at this point he contractually can't say any more than he has, I'm happy to accept he has knowledge and reasons to state what he has in this thread.

Fair point.

Edited at 12:53 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by MyMagicHoliday View Post
At this time we cannot give you any further details as No one knows what will hapenn!

However i can confirm we are NOT owned by Freedom and we WILL be open as usual should Cooks fail to secure monies needed.
Thanks for that response Mattie it clear it up for me.

Good luck with it all and thanks for being as open and honest as you are allowed to be.
Old 21 Sep 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Ever After Holidays
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Thanks for that response Mattie it clear it up for me.

Good luck with it all and thanks for being as open and honest as you are allowed to be.
Your welcome

as I always have been on here, I will be as open and honest as i possibly can be as it is important that people hear from us.

I can't sit in silence and let peoples anxiety get the better of them.

Not only that but I have staff to think about too!

Fingers crossed for cooks guys, my booking includes TC flights too and I prefer them to Virgin Atlantic

Ever After Holidays
☎️0800 3277108
🌐ABTA & Atol Protected
Old 21 Sep 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I'm pretty sure they aren't , my understanding is there are financial ties but MMH are not wholly owned by TC ... I've always found Mattie to be very frank and transparent so whilst I can understand that at this point he contractually can't say any more than he has, I'm happy to accept he has knowledge and reasons to state what he has in this thread.
Hi Mattie's post answered my query, and I agree their posts are helpful and as open as they can be in the current situation.

Thanks for questioning me without descending to it getting personal, it's a true example of how theDibb forums could and should work. Differing opinions (or understanding) working together to come to a conclusion