Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 28 Sep 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Yay to Narcoossee’s and Mama Melrose! 👏

I’ve been toying with a MK fireworks party but not sure if we’d make the most of it as DH isn’t a sweet fan, although dd’s are 🤔

Kat
They have a small savoury selection with cheese and crackers, a spinach dip and Cheeseburger Egg rolls. For us the view is worth the money alone, but paying for two is a lot different to paying for a family!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We did the dessert party at mnsshp. They had a few savoury options - cheeseburger spring rolls, a lovely spinach dip and cheese. We managed to sit right at the front in the gardens by getting there about half hour before the show and it wasn’t too busy. We were allowed to take our plates and drinks in which was nice. It was great to rest our feet and sprawl out on the grass before the fireworks. Not long to go now xx I checked online for the upgrade price to filet over sirloin for surf and turf - it’s $19 xx

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I recommend the steak with mac and cheese at Mama Melrose - I really enjoyed our lunch there - I wasn’t expecting it to be as good as it was but we came away really happy with it - there’s sone pics in my recent trippie x

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Delighted you got sorted for flights and delighted I have found your PTR in a Dib place I seldom venture

Will be subscribed and await the many photos and delicious treats that lie ahead.

Have a fantastic time x

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Cant wait to read this trippie 😍
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Ha ha, of course you've hired a car, but like the QS to DDP to DxDDP I'm not sure the car was ever in doubt really. I hate talking to the Lyft/Uber drivers too, fortunately many of them don't speak English as their first language and so tend to keep very quiet. We only had the one problem with Wi-Fi when we returned from DC but I think it was the phone operator that was a bit too stressed at the time rather than the Wi-Fi

Anyway, onto happier things. I'm glad you've added in your faves. Of course you had to go to Narcs, now you can have the yummy surf and turf, with the enhancement by the sounds of it and the cheesecake and prove Max wrong...plus I remember you saying the the meal at Mama Melrose was one of your best meals last year so I'm glad you added it in. Did you get the Fantasmic seating? Ooh I hope so.

Everything I've been hearing online is suggesting that Galaxies Edge is way quieter than anticipated at the moment. I know you said you might avoid it, but if the crowds aren't wild then maybe just have a walk around.

I hope this week flies by for you, 6 more days of work. I'm definitely counting down on your behalf

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

What... wait... car hire?

You know you can go offsite now for your ihop breakfast or to the shops? Not that you couldn’t before 😉

Or are you going to tell Nik the car has an immobiliser and can’t leave disney once you arrive 😂

Saying that how will you get through all those credits if you add a little offsite dining?
Old 29 Sep 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Knew the car would end up back in the plan, is it so you can transport all your Dooney & Burke bags safely back to the hotel!?! I hope I get some insta photos of temptation...be careful you don’t fall for the clash of the dog dress with your cat bag!
My friend is at Disney at the minute and she unexpectedly ended up at Galaxy’s Edge, they didn’t have a fastpass and managed smugglers run in 40 mins, she said it was quieter than she expected.
All I can think about is Disney food, toast and tea for breakfast just doesn’t feel appealing this morning!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
I recommend the steak with mac and cheese at Mama Melrose - I really enjoyed our lunch there - I wasn’t expecting it to be as good as it was but we came away really happy with it - there’s sone pics in my recent trippie x
I think that steak is my favourite thing I have eaten anywhere in the world ever. I don't think I'll even look at the menu

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Delighted you got sorted for flights and delighted I have found your PTR in a Dib place I seldom venture

Will be subscribed and await the many photos and delicious treats that lie ahead.

Have a fantastic time x
I am so relieved that we have sorted flights. Flying to Sanford will be a whole new experience. Thank you for following along!

Originally Posted by Tracey2019 View Post
Cant wait to read this trippie 😍
Thank you! I am so excited to share everything with you guys.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ha ha, of course you've hired a car, but like the QS to DDP to DxDDP I'm not sure the car was ever in doubt really. I hate talking to the Lyft/Uber drivers too, fortunately many of them don't speak English as their first language and so tend to keep very quiet. We only had the one problem with Wi-Fi when we returned from DC but I think it was the phone operator that was a bit too stressed at the time rather than the Wi-Fi

Anyway, onto happier things. I'm glad you've added in your faves. Of course you had to go to Narcs, now you can have the yummy surf and turf, with the enhancement by the sounds of it and the cheesecake and prove Max wrong...plus I remember you saying the the meal at Mama Melrose was one of your best meals last year so I'm glad you added it in. Did you get the Fantasmic seating? Ooh I hope so.

Everything I've been hearing online is suggesting that Galaxies Edge is way quieter than anticipated at the moment. I know you said you might avoid it, but if the crowds aren't wild then maybe just have a walk around.

I hope this week flies by for you, 6 more days of work. I'm definitely counting down on your behalf
I really wanted to go without a car, I feel like you get more of the whole Disney experience without one. It’s such a shame Sanford don’t have the Magical Express as if they did, I’d have stuck to my original plan.

I didn’t go for a F! package as we’ve added Hollywood Studios onto the end of an Epcot day so I had to book quite a late dinner. I am hoping to move it to a little earlier so we can see the Magic of Disney Animation or whatever it’s called.

I’ve definitely thought about revising my plans now that Galaxy Edge seems quieter than anticipated. I am a bit wary it was a knock-on effect from the hurricane but the waits have been okay, it definitely now seems do-able for us. We really should take advantage of the 6am open but I think by the time we can use our tickets we’ll be getting over the jetlag a bit.

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
What... wait... car hire?

You know you can go offsite now for your ihop breakfast or to the shops? Not that you couldn’t before 😉

Or are you going to tell Nik the car has an immobiliser and can’t leave disney once you arrive 😂

Saying that how will you get through all those credits if you add a little offsite dining?
Stop tempting me! Nik has been told there shall be no offsite dining. He can have a McDonalds breakfast on the way from All-Stars to CSR but that is it.

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Knew the car would end up back in the plan, is it so you can transport all your Dooney & Burke bags safely back to the hotel!?! I hope I get some insta photos of temptation...be careful you don’t fall for the clash of the dog dress with your cat bag!
My friend is at Disney at the minute and she unexpectedly ended up at Galaxy’s Edge, they didn’t have a fastpass and managed smugglers run in 40 mins, she said it was quieter than she expected.
All I can think about is Disney food, toast and tea for breakfast just doesn’t feel appealing this morning!
I can't believe you knew I'd flake our on Disney Transport! I'm quite sad really but as we're staying at 4 different resorts it's just a weight off my mind around transferring luggage. I shall report back on any tempting D&Bs but it may be a Loungefly for me this year.

40 minutes for Smugglers Run is amazing! I think we'd be prepared to wait up to an hour, we shall see.

I feel you regarding Disney food, we're trying to eat our way through the contents of the fridge and freezer at the moment so quite an eclectic mix of meals.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

6 DAYS TO GO

So instead of taking care of the multitude of things I have to do before we leave I've been to my mum's this morning to see my niece and nephew.

I told my nephew (6) that it was six days until Disney and he told me it was only TWO DAYS until new episodes of Ben 10 on Cartoon Network. I shall leave you all to decide which is more exciting.

Halloween Treats

We have tickets for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party on October 17th and hopefully we’ll get to try some (basically all!) of the exclusive party snacks as this is something we’ve never done before. When I showed Nik this list he said, ‘We’re going to eat this all in one night?!’ So, I think I may have been a tad ambitious.

Nachos are up there with my favourite foods so I’d love to try the Hades NachosBlack Bean Tortilla Chips topped with Fiery Buffalo Chicken and Nacho Cheese Sauce. These have not received favourable reviews which has peaked my curiosity even more.

A late-night snack at Cosmic Ray’s is a MNSSHP tradition for us and this year they have a special burger. Lots-o-Burger – This huggable burger features a beef patty topped with brie fondue, strawberry-bacon jam, an onion ring, and a Lotso bun. Sounds super yummy!

Followed by dessert:

Chocolate Mickey Waffle Sundae from Sleepy Hollow. What would a party be without Mickey waffles? These black chocolate waffles come topped with pumpkin gelato, candy corn, caramel sauce and sprinkles.

Also, at Sleepy Hollow is the Headless Horseman Cheesecake Ride into the night with pumpkin cheesecake layered with gluten-friendly chocolate cake, chocolate crunchie, orange laze, and a Headless Horseman chocolate piece.

Golden Oak Outpost has a Caramel Pretzel, which I am morbidly curious about as I don’t usually like sweet and salty together.

They also have Cinnamon Donuts Holes which I think sound yummy. Does anyone else remember when McDonalds sold cinnamon donuts in the 90s?!

At the Liberty Square Popcorn Cart, Constance’s for Better or For Worse Wedding Cake You don’t have to bring your death certificate with you to enjoy the citrus-scented cake with raspberry Bavarian cream, white chocolate glaze, icing pearls, flowers, and a chocolate axe for chopping wood of course! Definitely not heads…

There are even speciality drinks.

At Casey’s Corner, Now Begin Thy Magic Spell Cherry Slushy, Passion Fruit Syrup, Blue Caracao Syrup, Sprite, and Lemonade garnished with a White-chocolate dipped Apple Slice

At Cosmic Ray’s the Berry Blaster Get ready to blast off with this speciality drink consisting of blue caracao syrup, cherry lemonade, and Sprite garnished with a lemon wheel and raspberries.

At Aloha Isle, Pirates Horizon This might be a mighty fine drink! Ye ought to try it! The Pirates Horizon features orange juice, passion frut, and pineapple juice garnished with a pineapple wedge on a pirate sword skewer.

At Storybook Treats, Snake EyesThis drink comes with Sprite, green apple, and lemonade garnished with gummy worms and light up dice.

Golden Oak Outpost has a Frozen Apple Cider, which I suspect may be very similar to Le Fou’s Brew which I love.

There’s also a few Halloween treats available all day that I also have my greedy eye on.

Amuck Cupcake Trick or Treat Candy Cupcake with Peanut Butter Chips, Chocolate Candy Bits, and Toffee filled with Caramel Sauce, Iced with Chocolate Buttercream, and topped with a Cake Cauldron and Sanderson Sister Chocolate Decoration

Nik is a big fan of shakes so I want to try the Pumpkin Spice Milkshake from Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies.

And I love the look of the Halloween Cinnamon Roll from Main Street Bakery.

That’s another 13 snack credits, somehow, I don’t think we’ll be bringing snacks home for our friends!

Finally, for the first time ever we are going to visit the Trick or Treat stations and collect some candy, so we can report back on our haul of goodies.

Pez01 recently did the MNSSHP Dessert Party and they had mini versions of lots of the Party exclusive events so depending on how much we spend we may try to add this at a later date. Normally I would worry about eating into Party time but we're planning to be in the park from 12pm so we will probably appreciate the rest.

Next update (hopefully tomorrow!) will be a Food & Wine one