Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Oct 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
geomac79
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Update on my claim.

My claim is being dealt with in 2 parts by different departments. One department deals with the TC claim and the other out of pocket expenses. The department for the out of pocket expenses has contacted and told me that my claim will be paid into my account tomorrow. I quizzed them regarding the TC claim amount and that is when I found out that there are 2 departments dealing with it. I was advised the department dealing with the TC element will be in touch shortly.

Just to be clear. I made the claim directly through my bank by email and did not go through the RBS portal. I’m not sure if this is the reason it may be getting dealt with quicker.
geomac79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Just updated my claim with tesco via email If it comes off I will get an extra £344.19 to cover my extra losses!

If knew I could do this i would of rebooked to go from Manchester

Edited at 06:46 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Just updated my claim with tesco via email If it comes off I will get an extra £344.19 to cover my extra losses!

If knew I could do this i would of rebooked to go from Manchester
I haven’t rebooked flights yet as our dates with Virgin haven’t come out. Just wondering if I could put in two different claims or let Tesco know I might be adding to my claim once I rebook? No idea how this all works
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
I haven’t rebooked flights yet as our dates with Virgin haven’t come out. Just wondering if I could put in two different claims or let Tesco know I might be adding to my claim once I rebook? No idea how this all works
You have six years to make a claim under Section 75...

Its entirely logical and reasonable that consequential losses won't be entirely realised at the time of making your initial claim so you should be fine to claim additional sums further down the line. Just common sense I am using here - I don't know for sure.

I would re-book on a time line that suits you and then submit your claim at a later date.

Edited at 07:48 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
You have six years to make a claim under Section 75...

Its entirely logical and reasonable that consequential losses won't be entirely realised at the time of making your initial claim so you should be fine to claim additional sums further down the line. Just common sense I am using here - I don't know for sure.

I would re-book on a time line that suits you and then submit your claim at a later date.
Thank you. That sounds like a sensible thing to think about. I’d like to rebook for Manchester as already have a hotel booked there but I know Virgin flights are going to be really expensive from there. If I was sure of getting the difference in price back I wouldn’t even worry about how much they would cost. Just wish there was some proper, legal advice out there. I guess banks don’t really want people to know about these extra expenses because they’d be paying out so much more. Thanks for your common sense approach - it sounds ok to me 😊
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
geomac79
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Further update

The claim amount was in my account today.
When I lost my TC flights I booked straight away due my traveling time. The direct flights where coming in at over 3k so I went for indirect. If I would have known this payment would be made I would have booked direct.
Lessons learned
geomac79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Following this thread with interest and would like to know of anyone's experience claiming OOP expenses with Amex. My TC flight only booking was from Manchester and I have already received my Section 75 refund for the price of the flights, however my only other options are Virgin or TUI and those flights will not become available until November. Would I be able to submit another claim if the flight prices come in higher than the TC price which seems very likely atm?

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

I submitted my claim on Friday for the difference in flights. Booked with Air France, same dates, airport and class. Hoping that Barclaycard refund the difference, I have already had TC flights refunded.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

This is interesting and am wondering whether you need to have booked new flights to be able to claim? I wouldn’t want to risk losing the money and am currently waiting for flight costs to come down but if I was certain I would get it back I would be booking direct flights now!

We bought through M&S bank. Might email them tomorrow to see what they say.
Lu Lu is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
antheve
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Submitted my oop claim today. Already received my flight only refund from Barclaycard.
I’ve rebooked indirect because I didn’t realise this could be done. Be interesting to see what happens.
antheve is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List