Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Oct 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
🤞

I’m not very patient
That's usually me and I am shocking myself and my family as to how laid back I am being about this situation 😂😂😂
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

I have had my credit card refund already but unable to book flights yet as we are not going until late October next year. VH doesn't have availability for our dates so we will have to wait until scheduled flights become available. I hate that I will have to wait until at least November to get things sorted

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post
I have had my credit card refund already but unable to book flights yet as we are not going until late October next year. VH doesn't have availability for our dates so we will have to wait until scheduled flights become available. I hate that I will have to wait until at least November to get things sorted
Which credit card do you have? I have heard nothing from Halifax.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post
That’s great you have your cc refund already.

I am also in the nothing has happened yet boat.
Dh is going into the bank very soon to see what the latest brush off response is.

I would love to know who your card is with also!
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

As we are going during the Easter school holidays next year the prices are high, (before TC collapse) more than we have ever paid.
We went with TC as they were about £400 per person cheaper than Virgin.
Then TC collapsed.
We can't afford to pay more so were having to cancel the trip, lose our villa deposit, and go the following year, which would have been very disappointing especially to kids whose first time it will be.
Prices were ridiculous on that first day after the collapse. Even indirect and losing days at the beginning or end. Then somehow we found KLM/ Virgin flights for our exact dates and from our airport for less than we paid for our TC flights.
So, yes we have booked, we were lucky enough to have enough credit to be able to do so, before our original flights were refunded. Which they still have not been.

It is a difficult decision I can see, and I feel sorry for everyone caught up in this. For us booking on Day 1 worked out. Even if prices do go down we are still saving on our original flights so are happy.
I hope more affordable flights become available for those who need them. The rises are awful
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

my dates are not out yet that was the main reason for Thomas cook as they were early and cheap.Bit no I cannot afford it till I get my money back
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
Which credit card do you have? I have heard nothing from Halifax.
Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
That’s great you have your cc refund already.

I am also in the nothing has happened yet boat.
Dh is going into the bank very soon to see what the latest brush off response is.

I would love to know who your card is with also!
Amex. Submitted claim online Monday 23rd Sept. They didn't ask for any further confirmation or documents and the money was sitting on my account on Saturday 28th September. Can't fault the service

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

Our dates haven’t been released yet, I’m waiting for the return flights for the 3rd September.

I haven’t heard anything from Halifax yet, they did day I would get a phone call 7-10 days. Think I might go into the bank today
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List