Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 10 Nov 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
What an amazing day you had! Waking, rafting and stargazing wow. Yet more fantastic photo's Yosemite is so beautiful and I've so enjoyed reading about your stay here
Thank you Julia, we had an amazing last day! We didn't want to leave

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another Jam packed day! fair play for all the hiking... it really is stunning in Yosemite and certainly leaves a mark on your heart and like you say memories to last a lifetime xx
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jakes Mom View Post
Another Jam packed day! fair play for all the hiking... it really is stunning in Yosemite and certainly leaves a mark on your heart and like you say memories to last a lifetime xx
If I'd known how tough the hike was I think I'd have stayed on solid ground . I am glad I made it up there though!
I don't think I'll ever forget how Yosemite made me feel, I will certainly be back one day. Off peak though

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

I can't believe how much you packed into today... what an amazing day. Wow, the views on the way up to the falls, just beautiful. Such a hard climb by the look of it, you must have been exhausted in the heat.

The rafting looks fun, but there's no way I would have jumped off the bridge. Well done to those who did, especially Jen who was obviously having second thoughts after getting up there.

Thank goodness you got a decent meal there at last. It does seem as if the catering has let the park down a bit. Fab end to the evening looking at the stars.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
I can't believe how much you packed into today... what an amazing day. Wow, the views on the way up to the falls, just beautiful. Such a hard climb by the look of it, you must have been exhausted in the heat.

The rafting looks fun, but there's no way I would have jumped off the bridge. Well done to those who did, especially Jen who was obviously having second thoughts after getting up there.

Thank goodness you got a decent meal there at last. It does seem as if the catering has let the park down a bit. Fab end to the evening looking at the stars.
I think today was the major contributor to me feeling like a broken woman on our return home . Was totally worth it with what we saw!
I'm so glad we decided to do the climb to the top, I think we would have regretted it had we just gone to the footbridge.
Rafting was great fun. Not a chance in hell I would have jumped but the teenagers have no fear!
It was a much better meal tonight thank goodness. They don't have to try very hard with catering anything decent as its a captive audience, people don't come for the food which is a shame as it really does let it down, it was the same in the Grand Canyon too.
We all really enjoyed the star gazing, even a few of us that were moaning to begin with thinking it would be boring...

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 17 Jan 20, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

What an astonishing and awe inspiring day
I hope to follow in your footsteps one day
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 01:47 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
What an astonishing and awe inspiring day
I hope to follow in your footsteps one day
We certainly ended on a high, it was one of my favourite days of the holiday!
I really hope you get there too, such an amazing and special place
Thank you for reading

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 21 Feb 20, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Wow, the views are absolutely stunning. What an amazing day and perfect evening gazing up at the sky...I wasn’t even there and I feel quite emotional!
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You certainly got your steps in today. The falls look amazing and the rafter looks like loads of fun. What a wonderful way to finish your night, observing the stars
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Wow, the views are absolutely stunning. What an amazing day and perfect evening gazing up at the sky...I wasn’t even there and I feel quite emotional!
Aren't they amazing? The star gazing was the perfect end to the most incredible holiday. The emotions were running high in all of us I think

IG - alicialanesmith