Notices

Old 30 Apr 20, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Mobile

Love your RotR planning! Really hope you get to experience it soon. That was closed when we went but the rest of the land is lots of fun, the theming is amazing.

I don’t want to be the voice of doom but I will just say I’m not quite as positive as you. Not because I know anything more, I’m just not sure how we can pivot from this current situation to ‘normal’ in a matter of months - but let’s hope you’re right and I’m wrong! And I promise not to be negative again, please let me stay 😄
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Sharing your positivity and all my fingers are crossed just willing your trip to go ahead - everything might not be as planned, but at least you get to all of our happy place.
Stay safe, stay positive and share a collective Dibb hug from everyone reading your pre trip report xx

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Love your RotR planning! Really hope you get to experience it soon. That was closed when we went but the rest of the land is lots of fun, the theming is amazing.

I don’t want to be the voice of doom but I will just say I’m not quite as positive as you. Not because I know anything more, I’m just not sure how we can pivot from this current situation to ‘normal’ in a matter of months - but let’s hope you’re right and I’m wrong! And I promise not to be negative again, please let me stay 😄
I was very dedicated to collecting the RotR boarding pass info , mainly because in the run up to a trip I love logging into MDE. I'll just have a look at wait times and look at the ADRs I've booked. I haven't logged in for over a month now though and that's sad. I'm glad you think the theming in GE is so good.

Of course you can stay I have no idea how we can get from this to something approximating normal.

But on the flip side I also can't see how we can possibly stay like this for another month let alone another 3 months. It's inconceivable to me that businesses won't be up and running and a version of normal life won't be happening by August.

I'm sure it won't be exactly normal and we will have to accept many differences if we want to go about a version of our normal life but I'm prepared to accept wearing a face mask, having a temp check, staying 2m apart...if that means we can open up shops, restaurants, schools and of course go on our holidays.

So, that's my reasoning. It's based on nothing other than my opinion so feel free to ignore it all and think of me as batty woman who doesn't understand the realities of the situation. I'm sure there are many people who would violently disagree with me, perhaps people who are far more qualified to talk about this than I am and who have a far greater knowledge of the facts. But I'm sticking with it and hoping...

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Sharing your positivity and all my fingers are crossed just willing your trip to go ahead - everything might not be as planned, but at least you get to all of our happy place.
Stay safe, stay positive and share a collective Dibb hug from everyone reading your pre trip report xx
I've got fingers and toes crossed for so many things at the moment that it's hard to keep up and I'm certain I long ran out of having enough fingers and toes for all the people and things I've been keeping them crossed for .

Still, I'm hoping to celebrate, raise a glass and most likely shed a small tear on Main Street this summer . I can promise that if we get there the first sight of the castle is going to be very special and I will be thinking of all the people who haven't been as fortunate as us. I'm well aware there are lots of people in very dire situations and who have suffered so very much. I will be thinking of all of them.

We've got 12 more weeks until the fligths. Surely that's enough time for the powers to be to work out some measures to allow flights to go ahead. We all need a bit of hope and something to look forward to at the best of times and at the moment we need it more than ever. So, I'm glad you're sharing the positivity, I'm trying to spread it as much as I can with everyone I speak to. Which admittedly at the moment isn't that many people

I've just realised what the date is! Aha, I know what I'm going to be listening to later today. I hope it's a good episode.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

I’m so glad you’re staying positive about your holiday Abby. It’s nice to read something with a bit of hope that normal service will be resumed shortly, with a few modifications of course.

I sincerely hope that you get back to your RotR research soon - it’s all very exciting having a new land to explore. Realistically I think it will be 2022 before we do our big family Disney trip (that I’ve been planning in my head for years) rather than next year as originally planned but whenever we go I actually can’t wait to experience GE. Until a few weeks ago when we got Disney+ I hadn’t watched a single Star Wars film but now I’ve watch them all and we’re following The Mandalorian too. Also looking forward to watching the new film on May the 4th (be with you ) when it comes out. So this has definitely piqued my interest in GE.

On a side note, and a slightly positive one - I had a notice pop up on my phone this morning saying that Kansas (we were going to be passing through Kansas on our R66 trip) is introducing a 4 step plan to come out of lockdown, with the 4th and final phase coming into effect on 15th June. I know it’s not Florida but maybe gives an indication of timescale. If Florida follows something similar that gives around 5/6 weeks before your trip for things to improve even more.

In the meantime, keep hoping and planning (and cooking around the world!)
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
I’m so glad you’re staying positive about your holiday Abby. It’s nice to read something with a bit of hope that normal service will be resumed shortly, with a few modifications of course.

I sincerely hope that you get back to your RotR research soon - it’s all very exciting having a new land to explore. Realistically I think it will be 2022 before we do our big family Disney trip (that I’ve been planning in my head for years) rather than next year as originally planned but whenever we go I actually can’t wait to experience GE. Until a few weeks ago when we got Disney+ I hadn’t watched a single Star Wars film but now I’ve watch them all and we’re following The Mandalorian too. Also looking forward to watching the new film on May the 4th (be with you ) when it comes out. So this has definitely piqued my interest in GE.

On a side note, and a slightly positive one - I had a notice pop up on my phone this morning saying that Kansas (we were going to be passing through Kansas on our R66 trip) is introducing a 4 step plan to come out of lockdown, with the 4th and final phase coming into effect on 15th June. I know it’s not Florida but maybe gives an indication of timescale. If Florida follows something similar that gives around 5/6 weeks before your trip for things to improve even more.

In the meantime, keep hoping and planning (and cooking around the world!)
I really hope I can get back to logging some Rise data soon too! I know I sound like a mental case

I cannot believe that you had never watched a Star Wars movie before. Seriously? Even the original trilogy? You've got to be joking? I'm incredulous, I know people have talked about how these times are unprecedented, but Lynda I think that this takes the biscuit. I don't think I've ever come ever, ever, ever, come across that hasn't seen Star Wars.

Honestly I'm agog! you've made my day

I hope you are enjoying the mandalorian. It took me a while to get into it but I'm really enjoying it.

I like your sidenote about Kansas! That does give me hope.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I really hope I can get back to logging some Rise data soon too! I know I sound like a mental case

I cannot believe that you had never watched a Star Wars movie before. Seriously? Even the original trilogy? You've got to be joking? I'm incredulous, I know people have talked about how these times are unprecedented, but Lynda I think that this takes the biscuit. I don't think I've ever come ever, ever, ever, come across that hasn't seen Star Wars.

Honestly I'm agog! you've made my day

I hope you are enjoying the mandalorian. It took me a while to get into it but I'm really enjoying it.

I like your sidenote about Kansas! That does give me hope.
Abby, I'm so glad I brightened up your day! But yes, seriously, I had never ever watched Star Wars until a few weeks ago. It was never on my radar as a child - we weren't big TV watchers really, with my Mum keeping us busy with lots of hobbies and when we weren't doing those we were playing outside mostly. There was a boy in my class in primary school who always wore home knitted Star Wars jumpers, so I think I considered it something boys would watch Oh, and I'm definitely not the only one... I was talking with a colleague a couple of weeks ago about The Mandalorian and she's never seen a Star Wars film either! Loving The Mandalorian by the way - it's probably my favourite thing I've watched on Disney+ so far.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Thank you so much for your positivity Abby - so needed! This has been a tough week and I really need to have a glimmer of hope for the holiday Mum has even said that if we go and her flight is going she will be on it so fingers crossed! I know people will have opinions on travel and many of my friends say they won't travel till next year. I understand their reasons but if the FCO, Virgin Atlantic and WDW are telling me it's safe then I really want to go! I have to make the final decision by the end of this month really as the villa balance and Kenwood Travel need paying... We were due to do a cruise so I have rescheduled that till next year and might book a sneaky few nights on site instead but won't do that till much nearer the time... Center Parcs cancelled our stay for this month - knew it was coming but gutted... Trying to reschedule for early July which may be too soon but just trying to stay positive! Take care and keep planning - we always need hope
Buggles94 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

With RoTR strategy, you should check out Adam Hatton's vlog from March. They read up on the strategies and tried a few tricks and got to go on straight away! What they did was log into app before 8 to check it was working and then logged out. They set up an online time app which was accurate at at 7.59.59 logged in and got it. They did a few practice runs before 8 to make sure their fingers were quick! There were only 2 of them though so it might be harder for larger groups.
Em4owen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Abby, I'm so glad I brightened up your day! But yes, seriously, I had never ever watched Star Wars until a few weeks ago. It was never on my radar as a child - we weren't big TV watchers really, with my Mum keeping us busy with lots of hobbies and when we weren't doing those we were playing outside mostly. There was a boy in my class in primary school who always wore home knitted Star Wars jumpers, so I think I considered it something boys would watch Oh, and I'm definitely not the only one... I was talking with a colleague a couple of weeks ago about The Mandalorian and she's never seen a Star Wars film either! Loving The Mandalorian by the way - it's probably my favourite thing I've watched on Disney+ so far.
I have heard rumours of people in the world who haven't seen Star Wars before, I just thought that was an urban myth

I'm looking at your new countdown. I'll add your trip to my list of things I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Thank you so much for your positivity Abby - so needed! This has been a tough week and I really need to have a glimmer of hope for the holiday Mum has even said that if we go and her flight is going she will be on it so fingers crossed! I know people will have opinions on travel and many of my friends say they won't travel till next year. I understand their reasons but if the FCO, Virgin Atlantic and WDW are telling me it's safe then I really want to go! I have to make the final decision by the end of this month really as the villa balance and Kenwood Travel need paying... We were due to do a cruise so I have rescheduled that till next year and might book a sneaky few nights on site instead but won't do that till much nearer the time... Center Parcs cancelled our stay for this month - knew it was coming but gutted... Trying to reschedule for early July which may be too soon but just trying to stay positive! Take care and keep planning - we always need hope
Oh that's great news about your Mum. I'm feeling confident Florida will be open. The flights is another problem, but you never know. I'm sure the airlines would like to get moving too. I've got to pay the balance at the end of May too, plus the FP to book up. Actually the FP are done before the payment. A couple of weeks to make a decision. It feels like we're wading through treacle. Today is exactly 12 weeks until we fly. At this moment in 12 weeks we should be at Frankfurt airport going to the gate for the connection to MCO. I'm feeling good about it. Better than last week I think.

Old 3 May 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
With RoTR strategy, you should check out Adam Hatton's vlog from March. They read up on the strategies and tried a few tricks and got to go on straight away! What they did was log into app before 8 to check it was working and then logged out. They set up an online time app which was accurate at at 7.59.59 logged in and got it. They did a few practice runs before 8 to make sure their fingers were quick! There were only 2 of them though so it might be harder for larger groups.
That Adam vlog is in my watch later list. His vlogs are pretty long though and I tend to save them for the weekend when I'm cooking dinner. I'll look it up later, him and Gary seem to have a great time together on their trips. That's a great tip for getting on a second before the clock ticks over, rather than clicking on the link at 8am. It doesn't really matter about the group size as there is a select all option I think, unless I'm remembering wrongly!