Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jan 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
balel
Excited about Disney

We were there in August and it was very hot! Yes the fire pits have a mesh cover so you can cook on them. I’m not keen on camping although my boys go fairly often, but I loved it.
balel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by balel View Post
We were there in August and it was very hot! Yes the fire pits have a mesh cover so you can cook on them. I’m not keen on camping although my boys go fairly often, but I loved it.
Cheers Balel .
Sorry didn't make myself too clear.
What was it like at night ? Fiona had suggested they were very cold at night even with thick sleeping bags ( she was September though )
Were you cold ?
Did you hire blankets etc or take / buy your own sleeping bags ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
balel
Excited about Disney

When we were there it was very warm all night, we hired their bedding packs which contained sheets and blankets, you just collect them when you check in. It’s a long time ago but I have a feeling it was around $10 a set.
balel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona88
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'd recommend taking gaffa tape and a spare groundsheet, we used this to add a bit more privacy to the tent.
We hit Walmart on the way and got a styrofoam cool box for about $3 they were right beside the tills on the way out, we managed to keep food cold using that and bags of ice, or for the easy option it's less than 10mins to walk to curry village for the pizza pub and food court, housekeeping does have a small shop onsite with food to cook, snacks etc as well as tea and coffee as no fires allowed in the mornings. When I get home I'll upload some photos
Old 1 Feb 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fiona88 View Post
I'd recommend taking gaffa tape and a spare groundsheet, we used this to add a bit more privacy to the tent.
We hit Walmart on the way and got a styrofoam cool box for about $3 they were right beside the tills on the way out, we managed to keep food cold using that and bags of ice, or for the easy option it's less than 10mins to walk to curry village for the pizza pub and food court, housekeeping does have a small shop onsite with food to cook, snacks etc as well as tea and coffee as no fires allowed in the mornings. When I get home I'll upload some photos
Thanks Fiona - photos would be great :-)
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
fiona88
Excited about Disney

Sorry for the delay, here are some pictures of our site. It wasn't a riverside one which I would've preferred, it was right by the road, but there wasn't much noise and it's a 2min walk to the beach/river area.
Old 26 Feb 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Really appreciate you posting these Fiona

Was there electricity within the ‘ tents’ ?
Also what were the showers / washing facilities like ?
Old 28 Feb 20, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona88
Excited about Disney

No worries

There were lights and one socket inside on the shelving unit and another outside where the metal workbench area is, so we could charge 2 phones while we were there.
You'll need torches or a head lamp for leaving your unit at night, there were quite a few areas that weren't lit at all outside of the site. I didn't want to risk just using my phone, rather have it as a back up.
The showers were alright, separate blocks for men and women with loads of cubicles inside. You get a token per night possibly 2 to exchange for your entry to the shower block and towels. Similar to general campsite showers here, nothing luxurious but do the job, flip-flops recommended.
There were loads of small toilet blocks scattered around the site, they were nice and kept clean. From our unit we had 2 we could walk to in different directions without venturing too far. There were also taps for drinking water scattered about, we didn't realise there was one just out the back of our unit by the campfire until the second day, we'd been walking up to the main reception/shop
I wish I'd found this site before we stayed, its has some useful informations about the site:
parkrangerjohn/house...national-park/
has a map on there too so you can see how far apart things are etc