Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 26 Feb 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile DVC Resales

Hi we are looking into buying DVC points and wondering if anyone has any information on the best way to do this.

Thanks
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Are you looking to rent points for a single visit from a current owner or joining DVC and buying a contract with a yearly allocation of points that you will own?
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Are you looking to rent points for a single visit from a current owner or joining DVC and buying a contract with a yearly allocation of points that you will own?
Thanks just realized I should have put more information in my post.

Yeah we are looking to join DVC for points we will own. We have looked at Animal Kingdom over the winter months and 1 week is 60 points for a studio. This would be fine for us. Am I right in thinking for a two week stay we would need to buy 120 points min?

Ideally we would prefer to buy resale.
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

You'll get more replies on the main DVC thread.

The 60 point studios are VERY sought after, they are usually all booked bang on the 11 month window - many people will miss out on these.

Personally if you are looking for a whole week every year I'd be buying 100 points, that leave flexibility to book every resort in a studio (SSR and OKW are pretty easy to get at 7 months). Those points you don't use you can bank to the next year or sell them to renters.

If you want to stay for 2 weeks then you'd need a minimum of 120 points to stay every year or 60 points every other year.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks very much for all your kind help.
Old 27 Feb 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Hi we are looking into buying DVC points and wondering if anyone has any information on the best way to do this.

Thanks
I am the Broker for Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.® and we are one of the Disney Vacation Club resale companies. I would be happy to answer any questions for you. I also recommend getting added to our email list so you can watch the new listings come in. We send out our emails on Mondays and Thursdays. If you pm me that you wanted to be added please supply your email and I will get you in.

Thanks,
Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 27 Feb 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Minnie18... As 2point says, it's a good idea to rent points for your first stay at a DVC resort.
We bought our resale contract at Animal Kingdom a year ago via the previous poster's company. They were truly helpful and answered any questions we had quickly and honestly. Buying into DVC could seem like a huge undertaking but our purchase went smoothly and efficiently.
Good luck with whatever you decide and come back and let us know
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
OP don't forget the annual dues. Yes the purchase is a lump sum payment but every year you will have dues to pay and they only increase so make sure these are in your budgeting plans.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JasonErpelding View Post
I am the Broker for Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.® and we are one of the Disney Vacation Club resale companies. I would be happy to answer any questions for you. I also recommend getting added to our email list so you can watch the new listings come in. We send out our emails on Mondays and Thursdays. If you pm me that you wanted to be added please supply your email and I will get you in.

Thanks,
Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Thanks very much Jason I will pm you my email address.
Old 27 Feb 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
Hi Minnie18... As 2point says, it's a good idea to rent points for your first stay at a DVC resort.
We bought our resale contract at Animal Kingdom a year ago via the previous poster's company. They were truly helpful and answered any questions we had quickly and honestly. Buying into DVC could seem like a huge undertaking but our purchase went smoothly and efficiently.
Good luck with whatever you decide and come back and let us know
Thanks will definitely keep you guys updated on things. Renting points is a good idea will say to dh.