Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 1 Mar 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MrFish
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Flower2603 View Post
Wow, I'm surprised to read this.

We flew via Bahamas Air to Nassau and stayed 5 nights at the Atlantis resort. We thought it was absolute paradise. Actually, Atlantis resort is on Paradise Island.

We loved it and we have always wanted to go back. Stunning beaches, wonderful food, the people were so friendly and lots to do there.

There are beautiful beaches in Florida yes, and we've been to Antigua and the beautiful beaches in Mexico but we absolutely loved our visit to Bahamas. It was so easy to get to from Orlando.

We didn't see any crime, just lots of tourists enjoying their holidays, but we did stay in a touristy area. We've also seen beautiful beaches in Miami and got lost in a very scary part of town at night and we couldn't wait to leave. There are areas all over the world that tourists should be aware of and stay clear of.

Have a good time whatever you decide.
Paradise Island is owned mostly by Atlantis Resort with more security about and can't really be compared to the mainland it's attached to (although Paradise has its fair share of crime also). And yes, there are many dodgy parts of Miami which is why I would recommend the beautiful beaches of the Florida west coast.

Edited at 07:55 PM.
MrFish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Leec
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We’ve done the Disney cruises, going into Nassau. Got off the ship twice and back on quickly due to feeling unsafe. Just a feeling. Pushy people around the small market as you get off the ship. First time kids didn’t let go of my hand. Ha ha.
We all felt unsettled and have since read the threat level had been moved up by the USA since we last went.
We’ve since decided we stay on the ship while in the Bahamas.
I would happily visit Atlantis resort because as someone else said, it has high security and almost in its own complex.

As someone else said Florida beaches are worth exploring... anna marie island is a favourite on here, we visited marco island and highly recommend there! It was very relaxed and few people around.
Old 5 Mar 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Tutter
I have Ears

Originally Posted by MrFish View Post
It's a shame because it should be paradise. This is what happens when organised crime gangs are allowed to completely take over. Beautiful islands in the Carribbean suffer the same fate. Nassau is often referred to as the worst cruise port and many people choose to not get off the boat.
I second the fact people say Nassau is a dump LOL
Tutter is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List