Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Mar 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
_Sue_
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile Adding a dining plan to booking

Hi, I’ve booked to go to Disney with Virgin Holidays, August 2021. First time! 😁Currently it’s room only as I’m waiting for the dining plans to be released. Am I right in thinking that we can just go back into Virgin and add a plan on when they come out? Any recommendations as to what plan is best? Thanks!
_Sue_ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

If you are hoping for free dining you would probably have to cancel and rebook under the new offer its unlikely they will simply allow you to add it to an existing booking.

If you want to pay for a dining plan you can do that anytime but its often expensive which is why most people wait for the free dining offer.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post

You certainly could not add a plan on later if you had booked directly with Disney, you need to wait for the free dining offer to come out.

Did Virgin say they would do that for you and if so do you have it in writing?

I would have waited to be honest, free dining will be released next month if it is to be offered.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
_Sue_
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
If you are hoping for free dining you would probably have to cancel and rebook under the new offer its unlikely they will simply allow you to add it to an existing booking.

If you want to pay for a dining plan you can do that anytime but its often expensive which is why most people wait for the free dining offer.
That’s what I was worried about, might cancel and wait for the plans. Thank you.
_Sue_ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
_Sue_
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
You certainly could not add a plan on later if you had booked directly with Disney, you need to wait for the free dining offer to come out.

I would have waited to be honest, free dining will be released next month if it is to be offered.
They said we could add a plan on but didn’t realise we probably won’t get a good deal. They haven’t been very clear and so I’ve been a bit worried this would happen.
Old 10 Mar 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You need to get clarification from Virgin that if free dining is offered for your hotel that you can add park tickets and get that dining plan free. Which hotel have you booked?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post

You can add on the dining plan if booked with Disney if you pay for it - I know someone who did so last year. The OP didn't say anything about free dining in her post.

Edited at 08:20 PM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
_Sue_
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
You need to get clarification from Virgin that if free dining is offered for your hotel that you can add park tickets and get that dining plan free. Which hotel have you booked?
We’re staying at All Star Music. I’ve been into Virgin this afternoon and I can add a dining plan on but they said not a free one.
Old 10 Mar 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by _Sue_ View Post
We’re staying at All Star Music. I’ve been into Virgin this afternoon and I can add a dining plan on but they said not a free one.
Most likely it would be the free breakfast that you would get with All Stars anyway. You can upgrade it to one of the other plans normally but if Virgin say no then you have to weigh up whether you got a good enough deal to forego the free breakfast (which is a quick service credit that can be used for any meal).

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 02:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
You can add on the dining plan if booked with Disney if you pay for it - I know someone who did so last year. The OP didn't say anything about free dining in her post.
You are correct, indeed I have personal experience as I have added a paid for dining plan on three months later to making my December 2020 booking.

However OP mentioned adding a dining plan once it has been “released” so I had made the assumption she meant free dining plans as otherwise there is no need to wait for a release as paid for dining plans are available all year round, only free ones need to be “released”.

If she meant purchasing a dining plan, then yes I am 100% sure Virgin will gladly charge OP to add one on and this can be done at any time. My apologies for any misunderstanding.

Edited at 02:59 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List