Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Mar 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
bosshogg
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Not a booking, but a rebooking.
Seriously considering moving our April trip to mid October.

Awaiting the go ahead from employers.
Spoke with insurers ( RBS) and holiday insured as original booking.
bosshogg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Phild View Post
Totally agree mate. The world economy cannot sustain this doom and gloom reaction of shutting the world down for more than a few weeks and leaders/politicians (especially ruthless businessman Trump) will need to make a harsh decision sooner rather than later to reverse and re-open the country to get the money coming back in to bring the country back to its feet. If that means suffering sadly a few more deaths of the 'at risk' categories then that's a decision governments will have to make, as in reality the longer this shutdown goes on there is going to be exponentially far more deaths through suicides when companies are collapsing and millions of people are losing their jobs and livelihoods. Harsh reality but real reality.
Like that youve got the balls to say this. I KNOW what youre saying and you how youre saying it. My take is that after a while the travel and social gathering bans will be eased to a "its up to the individual to make a choice" scenario.
Im not a politician, nor perhaps you, so I dont agree or disagree that Im right or wrong. Entitled to our opinions I reckon
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

I got an email from Nationwide yesterday saying any bookings made from 18 March won’t be covered by corona virus. So I’d be ensuring I had travel insurance first.
MrsBrown is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Splatt
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Think you need to be bonkers to book now. When this all ends it’s not all immediately going to go back to normal. I’d be very wary parting with any money for anything this year.
Splatt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Thing with me is we are booked for 19th august to 2nd september. I work in a school kitchen and we are now open right through until september for the start of the new year. We are aloud to go of course but my main train of thought is why have the government stretched it so far ahead to september.
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
shazza1961
Imagineer

Mobile

Me too, we are booked 19th August - 2and September..
I honestly cannot imagine that flights will not be taking place by then...
I think it may be a different holiday to what we are used to, but still believe it will go ahead.
We dont have any underlying health issues, so if it was up to the individual and my travel insurance allowed, we would still go xx
shazza1961 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

If you book a package with BA surely if they cancel you’ll be covered won’t you regardless of your insurance, I would like to rebook for October/November for our cancelled trip to Boston & Chicago, bit unsure might wait till June & see, we had a full refund from them 👌
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
writersblock
Trainee Dibber

At the end of the day, if everything is still on lock down in September/October then either all of the airlines/hotels will go bust so nobody can go anywhere, or life will go on as before. Like a previous poster said, economically this isn’t sustainable, and I don’t think the bail out packages would have been offered by the government if they honestly thought this was Armageddon. They need everyone back working, and more importantly, spending.
writersblock is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
littlesam21
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We were due to go 28th September however I have since found out we are expecting baby #2 😄 and my SIL is also expecting and neither of us can travel on those dates. We were going to delay it until maybe Nov/Dec but the prices don’t come anywhere close, one quite was 8k for 2 adults 1 child and 1 infant for 1 week at AKL! All the prices have rocketed! We were paying £4500 for 1 week AKL & 1 week villa dining plan, tickets, car hire flights the lot! Feel like we won’t get a chance now 😔
Old 3 Apr 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
If you book a package with BA surely if they cancel you’ll be covered won’t you regardless of your insurance, I would like to rebook for October/November for our cancelled trip to Boston & Chicago, bit unsure might wait till June & see, we had a full refund from them 👌
Although I believe refund rules are being altered so that companies can issue vouchers instead if full refund to help their cashflow?