Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Mar 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Yesterday I received the following message when asking for a full refund (we should be there in 2 weeks), i did this via WhatsApp:

Hi, thanks for getting in touch today. I've checked your Virgin Holidays reference xxxxx and can see you just have a car booked with us. We are able to cancel this down, however this would be done at full loss and you'd need to claim this through your travel insurance.

As you can imagine i wasn’t happy so quoted them the T&c’s & then just got the following message:

Good Morning, so sorry for any inconvenience as you can understand things are changing so quickly were having to change with them! We are now back to offering Free of Charge cancellations. so if you would like to cancel down the car hire, let me know and i can process a refund for you.

I’ve obviously asked for the refund but not sure how long this will take...
Now to see if I can get anywhere with VA, RC & the Universal hotel

Good luck everyone & stay safe & healthy
Cheers
Les
Windsor Hills Villa - May 2012; Rolling Hills Villa - Easter 2014; High Grove DIBB Villa / RPR / Disney Dream - Easter 2015; Sunset Lakes DIBB Villa /HRH/ Disney Dream - August 2016; NYC / St Pete's Beach / DIBB Townhouse at Windsor hills - Easter 2018; Flights / Sunset Lakes Villa / Harmony of the Seas Cruise - Easter 2020 Didn’t happen!
OrlandoLes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
nicola-disney15
Excited about Disney

After a lot of text messages with VH completely refusing a refund and saying we had to claim off travel insurance, we've just had a phone call from them and they are now refunding in full.

They said it will take about 20 working days for it to go through.

Edited at 04:00 PM.
nicola-disney15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Grandee
VIP Dibber

Great results for you 2 guys! Nice to see persistence paid off.
I found an email address for VH and sent a refund request along with a screen shot of their web page which offered free cancellations. I'll post the result of my request!
Grandee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Grandee
VIP Dibber

Latest on the continuing saga of my attempt to cancel my car hire. I have today received an electronic cancellation invoice from VH! There was nothing else with the invoice, so I guess I'll just have to (hopefully) wait for a refund to my credit card?
I'll post the outcome.
Grandee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
AliBelle
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Hi - has anyone got the text number? We are trying to amend our booking and can not find out how to get in touch with them. Website says ring a telephone number but then they are only with people with bookings in the next 72 hours 😡😡
AliBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Radel
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Did you get a refund in the end
Also which e-mail address did you use to get in contact with them- I've used the Whattsapp number over a week ago and no reply yet
Radel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

You won’t get any refund now, they told me weeks ago no problem then went totally AWOL. Credit card chargeback gone in.
This is the WhatsApp number, send them a message saying you want to cancel, booking ref and amount of refund also quoting you booked with them due to free cancellation. You will get an auto message back but never receive any further messages from a person. Wait a week and send another message saying please where is the refund. Then wait another week saying you have had no contact from any person and you are concerned that you are reading no one is getting refunds from Virgin and you are going to do a chargeback or S75 claim. Wait another week (likely still not heard anything) and then contact credit card Co. Supply WhatsApp messages as proof, and take a screenshot now ready of the car hire page which says free cancellations and supply that also.
Then as they say, job’s a good ‘un, unless the credit card company still refuse to pay, at which point if Virgin have gone under issue a small claims money claim online against the credit card company using their UK address for service, saying it was a condition of the contract that the hire was fully cancellable with no charge, you cancelled, no refund received and the credit card company are liable for breach of contract under S75 of the Consumer Credit Act. That’s essentially all you need to say on the claim form and list the amount of refund. I very much doubt any credit card company would attempt to defend and they’d then pay up.

+44 20 3322 3289

Edited at 02:38 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Radel
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated
Radel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinker's Mum
slightly serious Dibber

I just want to reschedule our car hire booking to next year. Have sent the contact form from the website to them twice now (we are 11 weeks from our original holiday date) but no call so far!
First visit to DLP! Campanile Val De France July 2020
Back to Mickey's Lake Villa! Was 2020, then 2021 & now 2022!
Tinker's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinker's Mum View Post
I just want to reschedule our car hire booking to next year. Have sent the contact form from the website to them twice now (we are 11 weeks from our original holiday date) but no call so far!
I’d cancel it and get your money back per above if I were you, no benefit to rescheduling and better having that money in your account now. If you reschedule are you covered on your insurance?