Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Mar 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
goldendelicious
Proud to wear my Ears

August for us,staying positive until it's negative .
Keeping fingers crossed for everyone
Stay safe !
goldendelicious is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

i am still hoping for end september
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by NickPytlinski View Post
sept 26th
fingers crossed!

been saving so hard and long for this
same day as me hopfully xx
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

Flying out to Toronto September 9th for a week before going down to Florida.
I'm trying to remain hopeful but the realist in me says it's unlikely.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

I know it's a difficult time but it's good to live in hope, even if it does dwindle a little everyday.

Trump today has thrown a spanner in the works he really does not live in the real world.

Stay safe everyone

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
holidayforever
Serious Dibber

Got a Tearful Granddaughter that we won't be going to Disney on 27th August. Balance due 1st July so have till then to decide if to go or not . Need to find out if we will be covered for CV-19 on Travel Insurance if we became ill in Florida don't hold out much hope that we will. Won't phone up yet as have a claim with them at moment as lost my holiday to Dubai last week see how that goes first . Bring back the days when booked a holiday and enjoyed all the planning without all the worry of, Terrorism, Strikes, Weather, Ash clouds, Airlines and Holiday companies ceased trading, and now Virus .
holidayforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

A simplistic way I look at it is:

China started with this virus in December and it got real momentum and press coverage mid Jan.
They are still having new cases and deaths daily. Not as many and it does seem to be slowing down. But they have been on total lockdown, really full on lockdown! It will be interesting to see the numbers now they are starting to come out of the lockdown as i think it will go up again a bit with 2nd and 3rd waves and last for quite a while more. Then, once clear, theres the rebuilding of everything as most businesses will be crippled by this.

So would you go to China now!? I doubt anyone would at all. People would say its still a risk as the virus is still active there and waiting for new hosts.

Now convert that to the UK and USA. We are quite a way behind but for arguements sake lets play safe and put 3 months on from now. That takes us to the end of June. There should be, going off China, still more people getting it and still people dying. Lets add say another month maybe 2 just to make sure its all gone. That's taking the time to at least the end of July into Aug.

Would you go on holidays and risk it then!?

Plus you need to factor in other countries are even further behind the time scale we are on.

I am still dreaming about going in August but i am being real and there is no way I am risking mine or my families health on it. We are all totally gutted as are many others on this thread but i think people need to be real about all this.

Sorry to be negative
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I only have myself to worry about. A few years ago I was hours away from death so now I live for the moment as I don't know what's going to happen. So if that plane goes and FCO say travel is safe then I'm going. I don't want to die regretting what I haven't done.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I only have myself to worry about. A few years ago I was hours away from death so now I live for the moment as I don't know what's going to happen. So if that plane goes and FCO say travel is safe then I'm going. I don't want to die regretting what I haven't done.
That's the way as long as your fine and get your holiday then who cares about everyone else hey! Fair play some people really make my blood boil on times

Sod the old and vulnerable. No worries about the people with chronic illnesses.

We are in a pandemic with a virus that has no vaccine. Over 20k people have died so far. The USA is only just starting to hit bad figures and they are massive so there will be numerous more deaths. The UK is just about to start having it bad too

Hope you enjoy yourself and get through this
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
A simplistic way I look at it is:

China started with this virus in December and it got real momentum and press coverage mid Jan.
They are still having new cases and deaths daily. Not as many and it does seem to be slowing down. But they have been on total lockdown, really full on lockdown! It will be interesting to see the numbers now they are starting to come out of the lockdown as i think it will go up again a bit with 2nd and 3rd waves and last for quite a while more. Then, once clear, theres the rebuilding of everything as most businesses will be crippled by this.

So would you go to China now!? I doubt anyone would at all. People would say its still a risk as the virus is still active there and waiting for new hosts.

Now convert that to the UK and USA. We are quite a way behind but for arguements sake lets play safe and put 3 months on from now. That takes us to the end of June. There should be, going off China, still more people getting it and still people dying. Lets add say another month maybe 2 just to make sure its all gone. That's taking the time to at least the end of July into Aug.

Would you go on holidays and risk it then!?

Plus you need to factor in other countries are even further behind the time scale we are on.

I am still dreaming about going in August but i am being real and there is no way I am risking mine or my families health on it. We are all totally gutted as are many others on this thread but i think people need to be real about all this.

Sorry to be negative
We have written everything off this year (Have a cruise booked at back end of the year but I can't see that happening tbh.) All of our trips can be re-booked if necessary, I think there are one or two more important things I have to consider atm.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List