Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 26 Mar 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile Asda online shopping help!

I don't usually shop online and end up in Asda every few days as it's just down the road. I'm now social distancing for 12 weeks with my DD and so is my mum. DH can still get to our Tesco Express, Aldi or Asda for some things but I thought I'd book a click and collect order for Asda to save him having to try and find everything we want. When I've gone on to Asda I'm confused as lots of things seem to be out of stock. I don't understand how things like skimmed milk can show out of stock when my slot isn't for another week? Should it not let me order things then they just don't find them on the day if the store has no stock at the time? Also has anyone had a click and collect order recently? I know they're bagging the delivery orders at the moment but I'm not sure about the click and collect orders? I'm presuming the substitutes can't be handed back at the time at the moment (this is what it says for deliveries but I wasn't sure about collections) and I'm a bit concerned about what sort of substitutes can be made if I say I'm happy for subs. I'm trying to make this as easy as possible for DH to collect and presuming I can just take any subs and if not suitable ask for a refund? Will he be able to collect an order in my name if I send my id and give him the order details?
Sorry that's probably a bit long. That's obviously why I shop instore!
Old 26 Mar 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
I don't usually shop online and end up in Asda every few days as it's just down the road. I'm now social distancing for 12 weeks with my DD and so is my mum. DH can still get to our Tesco Express, Aldi or Asda for some things but I thought I'd book a click and collect order for Asda to save him having to try and find everything we want. When I've gone on to Asda I'm confused as lots of things seem to be out of stock. I don't understand how things like skimmed milk can show out of stock when my slot isn't for another week? Should it not let me order things then they just don't find them on the day if the store has no stock at the time? Also has anyone had a click and collect order recently? I know they're bagging the delivery orders at the moment but I'm not sure about the click and collect orders? I'm presuming the substitutes can't be handed back at the time at the moment (this is what it says for deliveries but I wasn't sure about collections) and I'm a bit concerned about what sort of substitutes can be made if I say I'm happy for subs. I'm trying to make this as easy as possible for DH to collect and presuming I can just take any subs and if not suitable ask for a refund? Will he be able to collect an order in my name if I send my id and give him the order details?
Sorry that's probably a bit long. That's obviously why I shop instore!

Online shopping is picked from the shop floor, if there is no stock in the shop then it will show as unavailable until there is stock in the shop - you would have to update your shopping list before the cut off for alteration.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Online shopping is picked from the shop floor, if there is no stock in the shop then it will show as unavailable until there is stock in the shop - you would have to update your shopping list before the cut off for alteration.
Thanks. So I'll be best to go on the night before and update.
Old 26 Mar 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If you can get on.. I have an order for a weeks time and can’t get back in to see what’s in stock as it just directs to a queue page which never changes
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
If you can get on.. I have an order for a weeks time and can’t get back in to see what’s in stock as it just directs to a queue page which never changes
I've had this problem too. I just keep trying and have managed to get on a few times.
Old 26 Mar 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

they may bring that forward to a couple of days before. Online systems are being overwhelmed.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

I would go on each day and update just in case you have issues getting on the night before.

As mentioned as the stock is picked from store you could still end up with out of stocks on the day
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Mobile

Ok thanks.
Old 26 Mar 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I've had this problem too. I just keep trying and have managed to get on a few times.
Glad to know it does work eventually. I couldn’t seem to get off the queue page yesterday.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

I've only been nosing at the various on line shopping pages, although assisting my mother with hers and Asda seems to be the best with being able to get on and get available slots - although this changes all the time.

Have a look at their help page asda/feeding-the-nation which says why things weeks ahead are showing as unavailable.
"When you book your delivery slot, you are assigned to an Asda store who will be picking your order for you. As part of this, we check what items the store have available at the moment, as well as any stock that is due in over the next few days. If we don’t think that the store will have an item in stock, we let you know by making the item unavailable or out of stock."

Ocado is saying 123k users ahead of me just to log on. Tesco has zero slots.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List