Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Mar 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
rotherham
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Splatt View Post
I suspect we’ll still see some restrictions on international travel next year. The virus will still be raging somewhere out there and likely governments would restrict travel to/from these areas. Who knows what countries these will be but on that basis I’d think it will be quieter next year. Indeed I think it will be 2 years+ until global travel/holidays start to resemble what they were previously. It’s certainly not going to go back to how it was overnight.
I'd like to think within a year we would have a vaccine. I certainly don't think it will be 2 years.
rotherham is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Splatt
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by rotherham View Post
I'd like to think within a year we would have a vaccine. I certainly don't think it will be 2 years.
I hope you’re right but just don’t see how the entire world can be immunised within 12 months, we still don’t know if the virus generates a sufficient immune response for long term protection.

I personally think it safe to assume 2 years for our ‘travel anywhere with no worries’ that we were used to to return. In fact I’d take that right now.
Splatt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DAF123
Looking for my Ears

There could be some very major unrest in the US. They already have more cases than China add into that the millions if un insured, the total lack of joined up leadership. E.g. No lock down on Florida from Republican Gov, Orange county lockdown from Democratic Mayor. Look at the queues at the gun shops.
DAF123 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

humongous
Old 27 Mar 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
writersblock
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I suspect it will about as busy as it has been the last year or so. Many families won’t be able to afford to go, which will offset the otherwise potential increase for the 50th.
writersblock is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

It's a balance of pent up demand from this year, the 50th anniversary, and on the other side of the coin, affordability for people who have had income disruption and fear.

Personally I think it will be quieter than normal, but everyone is guessing to some degree, and everyone can legitimately justify an opinion at all ends of the scale.