Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Mar 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
How annoying that they have the cheek to put their address in for a home delivery and can and will get away with it. Can you contact the police? I’d want to try and stop Adidas from sending the stuff out too but I don’t know how you’d go about that. It’s not like they’re desperate and have got essentials, they’ve just gone wild.
Yeah I would like to stop the delivery if I can help it, but not sure how I’d go about it?

There’s so little open and the transactions were all in shops that are close together - I can pretty much trace their steps through our town. Think they just kept tapping it until it stopped working! Also makes me think they’ve done this before as they tried to use it as much as they possibly could before it was cancelled.

At one moment they were about three minutes away from my house!

I don’t know if I can report it to the police now the fraud team are sorting it out?
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

I don't normally use contactless. The other morning I picked up what I thought was my debit card. Bought a few bits in two Coops contactless as they said they preferred this method. Thought nothing of it till I got home and my upset daughter said someone had been using her card in the Coop. Penny dropped that it was me. Luckily I had spent only about £10. One embarrassed Mum🥺.
Glad it's being sorted for you.

Edited at 02:21 PM.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
Yeah I would like to stop the delivery if I can help it, but not sure how I’d go about it?

There’s so little open and the transactions were all in shops that are close together - I can pretty much trace their steps through our town. Think they just kept tapping it until it stopped working! Also makes me think they’ve done this before as they tried to use it as much as they possibly could before it was cancelled.

At one moment they were about three minutes away from my house!

I don’t know if I can report it to the police now the fraud team are sorting it out?
I think I’d still report it, they’re unlikely to be someone doing this for the first time.

I don’t know if you speak to Adidas if they can freeze the order as I would be hard to track, but I assume they’ve had to put your name in as part of the card details. Doubly annoying to know that they’re clearly someone near you.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely report it to the police. Was it the Miami Tesco’s ? A friend of mine was “pick pocketed” of her card in that car park months ago, don’t suppose it’s the only time.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

I wouldn't expect much in the way of help from adidas. They have awful customer service in my experience.

At least barclays were on the ball 👍

Edited at 03:44 PM.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
Yesterday I went out quite early to do our food shop at Tesco and took my debit card, which I rarely use, because my husband had my credit card and didn’t want to wake him up (front line NHS - needed a lay in understandably!).

Somewhere between paying for the food and leaving Tesco I’ve managed to drop my card.

Some little swine found it and has been on a contactless shopping spree! Luckily Barclays got wind pretty quickly and blocked my card. They also managed to spend £220 online with Adidas, which I’m a bit more cross about as I should have two step verification set up on my account to check any new online shopping.

So all in all about £400 worth of stuff!

Now for us it’s more of an inconvenience and I know Barclays fraud team will sort it (currently on hold to them). What makes me cross is that is a significant amount of money to take out of someone’s current account (so not even a credit card). For all they know that could be someone’s shopping or mortgage rent payment money for the month!

Times are so difficult enough at the moment without this as well.

At least being on hold to Barclays is keeping me occupied as I can’t go outside!
Feel so sorry for you what a pain at this time
Hopefully the Police will now have the address where the Adidas purchase has gone to
Our cards will send a text to our phone if online purchase is made.
Good luck unfortunately this will probably happen more as limit upped to £45 now
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leggibone View Post
Dishonest scumbag! At least Barclays will sort you out. Contactless should also trigger a pin input after like 5 transactions or so, doesn’t always work like that annoyingly though!

Used to get cards handed in all the time when I worked in waitrose; but I guess for every few honest people there’s someone dishonest!
It asked for my pin the other day after 3 transactions, unfortunately things meant to be easy & help us also in turn help the crooks
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Wembleygal
Imagineer

Wembleygal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
People are scum. I have found a couple of debit and credit cards over the years, and I just called the card provider and let them know that I found the cards. They immediately put a hold on the cards and asked me to cut them up.
Wembleygal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

What a horrid person. I have to say I would be so tempted to ring the taxi or the take away and see if you could identify them and send them a note through their letter box... I know under data protection it's not allowed but I get so cross when I hear stories like this and thieves getting away with it.
Happened to me at one stage and I called the hotel they had booked for themselves and cancelled the room.
Old 29 Mar 20, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

OP so sorry to hear that this has happened to you but really pleased that Barclays are on the case and will/are processing refunds.
I hope the karma train hits the little toe rags full on!
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List