Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Sep 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Day 2 Hollywood Studios, before SGE stampede! And Big Shop at Walmart

Woke up early again, about 4:15 this time and ended up getting up about 5. We had bought some english muffins from Walmart and had these with sausage patty type things so it was a bit like a McDonalds sausage muffin but not as nice as the sausage was a bit too spicy. We ate these by the pool.

I sent my BFF a WhatsApp message then we got ready and went to Hollywood Studios before Galaxy's Edge opened later in the week and there was a chance we might not even get in the park.

We parked in Mickey 305-307 and went into the park for about 9:30.

We went over to Tower of Terror first of all - we had a fastpass but we were a bit early so we thought we would see what the standby time was. It was 70 minutes at this point so we went into the shop at the end of the ride to have a mooch. Paul has 2 Tower of Terror mugs at home and we looked to see if there was a new one out - there was so we bought that and also Beth a pair of NBC ears. The woman serving was so slow - she must've been about 90 and was as deaf as a post. First of all she was round the wrong side of the counter doing a bit of polishing and couldn't see that I was waiting to be served so I had to clear my throat very loudly to get her to notice me. She shuffled round the counter and was so slow that by the time she got there, a young lad was looking at some of the stuff on the counter. He picked up a badge and she went to serve him! I had been waiting about 10 minutes at this point. I may have huffed and the boy's dad noticed and insisted that I went first. Like a doughnut I said 'Oh it's no problem - go ahead' Nooooooooo! I did get served first in the end!

By this time it was obviously time for our fastpass (it had almost expired at this rate) so we joined the line. At the loading bay there was a party of 8 in matching t shirts so we were called forward as a party of 3. Really love this ride but the standby queue was again too long for us.

By this point Beth was really thirsty and wanted a drink but wanted to sit down in air con too. It was about 10:40 and nowhere with air con was open. We walked round to a few places but all opened at 11. I think Disney are missing a trick for a sit down breakfast place here. We went over to Backlot Express and bought a couple of drinks from a drinks cart as Paul had only brought 2 bottles of frozen water between the 3 of us to last all day and sat in the shade outside but then we noticed some people went in even though it was closed so we did the same.

Paul asked saw a cast member wandering about and asked for a cup of iced water so he was given a small empty cup to help himself from the drinks machine.

Beth was hungry so when they opened we decided to get 2 chicken tenders and fries between the 3 of us to share. The place was really filling up at this point so another reason for at least 1 place to open earlier. I often wondered what stopped people just using the drinks dispensers with their own bottles but there was always a cast member about keeping an eye on things. People were allowed to fill their bottles with ice etc but not water or soda.

We left and saw that the standby queue was 20 minutes for Star Tours so joined the line. We were told to go on row 5 and it seemed that there were too many of us but when we got in row 5 was longer than the rest so I didn't have to stand.

Toy Story Land hadn't opened on out last visit 2 years ago so we headed over there to see what it was all about. It was very busy and seemed so hot as there was hardly any shade to be found.

The standby line for Toy Story Mania said 20 minutes but it was about 40 before we got on the ride.

I rode with Beth - Paul beat our scores but we may have told porky pies about ours

The lines for Alien Swirling Saucers (ASS ) and Slinky were far too long so we went back over towards Rock N Roller Coaster for our next fastness. On the way we spotted a drinks counter selling frozen cocktails so I had a frozen margarita and Beth had a non alcoholic frozen pina colada. I spotted the Alien sippy cups and asked for one of them but they put Beth's drink in it. To be fair, the cup is really big so she probably got more drink having it in there. We sat at some tables by Hollywood Brown Derby and had a rest before the next ride.

Over to our fastness and we noticed that a single rider was put with Paul but she sneaked to the next lane where her friend was and bent down and hid so they could ride together. The cast member was really confused that her numbers did not add up the next time.

Our next fastness was for ASS so we traipsed back over to Toy Story Land. Paul doesn't really like spinny things so sat this one out.

Dark clouds were looming and we got to the car just before it started to chuck it down. We made a wrong turn but soon found our way to Disney Springs where we had an ADR for the Boathouse. It wasn't for another 90 minutes but I amended the time on the app as we were done with Hollywood Studios for the day.

We hadn't driven to Disney Springs since they had the new garages as our last 2 visits were on site and we got a bit confused trying to find the Lime Garage so ended up in the one furthest away - Grapefruit.

When we got to the Boathouse it had stopped raining but decided to sit inside. I could see an empty booth and asked for that. We were lucky as there are only 3.

The server was a bit odd - reminded me a bit of Agent Scully but she was efficient. We were brought a couple of jugs of iced water and I had a bud light as Paul was driving.

To eat I had the coconut shrimp.

Paul had the cod.

And Beth had shrimp pasta.

They brought out some lovely rolls - Beth had one and Paul had the other 5!

I never know if you can eat the crispy tails on fried shrimp but I did leave them. I had another Bud light and me and Beth looked at the dessert menu as Paul doesn't do sweet things.

We were full but decided to share the key lime pie in a jar which was really really nice. It was hurting but we managed to virtually finish it between us.

The bill was $95.85 and we gave $20 in cash tip. We are missing the free dining plan!

We went out through the gift shop as I wanted a rubber duck. They had some amazing themed ones with Donald Trump and Jonny Depp but I stuck with a classic one in an amphicar.

We had a quick wander round Disney Springs - Beth didn't want to go to Sephora until later in the holiday in case she spent all her money in there so we went to World of Disney and bought pens, a travel mug and a Tigger mug all in a Disney Springs reusable bag.

Back to the car and villa and some pool time before an early night.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP

Edited at 02:33 PM.
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Toy story land is definitely too hot and needs more shade! I think tower of terror wait times were so bad due to one lift being down which is rubbish cos it’s my fav ride and didn’t get to ride as much last year 😂
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Toy story land is definitely too hot and needs more shade! I think tower of terror wait times were so bad due to one lift being down which is rubbish cos it’s my fav ride and didn’t get to ride as much last year 😂
It’s definitely my favourite too. We rode 10 times in a row the other year!
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List