Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Feb 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MoorMickey
Trading Disney Pins

The Incredibles take a vacation - Feb 2020- Day 1 Magic Kingdom (Crystal Palace and Be Our Guest).

I woke up at 2:30 and could not get back to sleep. The others were snoring away until 5:30, so at least the kids were well rested. We were all up at 6, with the aim of leaving at around 7.

We had trousers, t shirts and hoodies for today as it was forecast as a little cloudy and 19 C. Despite having most of our stuff laid out, we were a little late leaving. The next bus to Magic Kingdom was due at 7:23. It was a little late arriving and took 15 minutes to load everyone on. Add in a spot of traffic and we were cutting it fine for our 8am ADR for Crystal Palace breakfast. Not the magical start I’d dreamed of as we hoofed it to bag check (which fortunately wasn’t long) and then on up Main Street. We made it at 8:05.

The kids got really excited as the could see WTP and friends whist we were waiting to go in. It was a great start to the holiday. They lived all the character interactions and a good hearty breakfast (and the obligatory Mimosa) to keep us going. None of us could bring ourselves to try the breakfast lasagne, but first tasting of Mickey waffles went down well.

On to our first Fastpass at Its a small world. Violet had heard friends talk about this ride and wanted to go on. It seemed the obvious legendary place to start. They loved it! We made our way over to Adventureland (as per my schedule). Pirates of the Caribbean had just gone down, so we hit the queue for Magic Carpets Of Aladdin. On and of in 20 minutes, but the park was getting busier now. After a wonder around a Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, POTC was still down so we went over to Mickeys Philharmagic. I loved it so much! It was so cute watching Dash try to reach out and grab things. Mr I then went off piste and took us over to Journey if the little mermaid. Again we were on NBC and of in 20 minutes or do, but we paid for this off schedule folly as when we got back over to Pirates of the Caribbean, the wait time was showing as 60 mins. We got in anyway and it turned out to be more like 40 mins. Violet wanted to meet Jack Sparrow, but they had just closed the queue, so we headed over to our Jungle cruise fastpass. The kids really loved the corner jokes, but it wasn’t one of my favourites. We were off as they were just about to bring out Jack sparrow again, so we were second in line and got a photo pass, for a Violet of course (he smelt amazing!).

It was nearly time for our lunch at Be Our Guest. I had pre ordered so we headed past the huge queue. Unfortunately, I hadn’t realised that the much coveted French onion soup wasn’t on DDP, so I swapped it for a Croque Monsieur and a Grapefruit beer. Mr I had the french dip and we both shared with Violet. Dash had Maurice’s Macaroni. We sat at the back of the main ballroom. It was all fine, nothing stood out really (although Mr I thinks the Grapefruit beer tastes like gone off Fanta). A good chance to sit down and rest and the effect of the dark snowy night through the windows was kind of cool. I’m not inspired to do signature dining here though.

We then headed to Main Street. It was just after 2:30 and it was hard to find a good spot to watch from, but we managed to find somewhere by plaza ice cream. It was fabulous to finally see it. Dash was literally fit to burst with excitement. The parade had been late starting, so we had to then race over to our fastpass at BTM. We just about made it, but we weren’t sure if Dash would be big enough. He passed the height measure (hooray! ) and we got in a fairly long fastpass line. It was hilarious. Dash went through a range of liking it, being unsure about, not so keen and absolutely loving it. He was laughing his head off by the time we got off. A firm favourite with us all. Whilst in the queue I had got a fast pass for Monsters inc. laugh floor. Then once checked into that, Dumbo and then the Mad Hatter. It was around 5:30 now and we were flagging. We headed to the monorail and over to the Contemporary (Dash thought this was another ride!).

We had a reservation for Pirates and pals dessert cruise.we chilled out in a sofa area for a while before the dessert party bit. The desserts were a massive disappointment. There were two flavours of mini cupcakes, some cookies and chocolate coins and an ice cream fridge (with Mickey ice cream and some minging lollies). There were also some odd tasting natchos. There was some fruit though, a welcome change already. We got bandannas and a photopass with Hook and Smee then headed out to the boats. There were blankets on board, which was welcome as it was chilly out on the lake. Violet absolutely loved all the silliness of a Pirate Patch. Dash was a tired, but loved it when Happily ever after began. He’s not keen on fireworks bangs, so this was the perfect place to watch for us. We sang along to the piped music and really enjoyed it. On the way back to the contemporary, Patch did a little quiz so that all the kids won prizes, then back on land there was a photo pass with Peter Pan. It was a great end to a wonderful first Disney day!

We decided to get a Lyft back to resort. I downloaded the app the other day and had $10 dollars free. XL was showing as quicker so I ordered that at $9 and just paid the tip. Violet realised in time that we’d left the buggy, but Mr I managed to retrieve it and return before the taxi arrived. Dad fell asleep almost before we set off and for the first time in forever I was able to transfer him to the buggy and then bed without waking him.

It had been a perfect day.

Edited at 01:24 PM.
MoorMickey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A brilliant first day

Joan
Old 16 Feb 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

What a lovely first day.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
pamatt
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Loving your trip report but can't find your travel day? Help! 🤣
pamatt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MoorMickey
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by pamatt View Post
Loving your trip report but can't find your travel day? Help! 🤣
Silly first timer messed up and put pre travel and travel in ‘General chat’ by accident. Not sure if they can be moved?

I’ve also struggled with creating an index. I can’t seem to get it to work, but will try again later! Thanks for reading!
MoorMickey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
pamatt
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

That'll explain it! I wouldn't have a clue about moving it either 🤣
pamatt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
MoorMickey
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Travel day is here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1160266

I can’t make it do a proper link