Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Feb 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
John
Imagineer

John's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Hermes are an absolute nightmare. It's got to the stage now that if I know a merchant uses them for delivery, then I won't buy their goods.
John is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Elisebev
Trainee Dibber

Having had similar problems myself a couple of weeks back, I just had to share this video that just popped up on my fb feed

facebook/MsJadeC/vid...3200885370169/
Elisebev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

We have a good local guy who delivers to us for Hermes but he is only part time. He always sends an email/text with his picture saying when he will be with us. The other days is some random person and they are totally rubbish. We have numerous items re-ordered from.different companies because the temporary guys don't even attempt to deliver and the parcel is then 'lost'.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

I must be really lucky with my Hermes delivery, its a husband and wife team. Mr always does the collecting from the depot, storing at the home and home collections if you want to go to them, and Mrs does all the going out to make hone deliveries, if we are not in Mrs always leaves a card with their number to ring the husband and either re arrange delivery or collect from their house.

They do have a very good name here and everyone know them.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I've never had a choice either. I order something then I get a notification of who is delivering it.

As it happens I have a Superdrug delivery today and Hermes are delivering. Maybe my Mate as he works for them

I think it depends where you live as to issues occurring. Our Guys from whichever firm are really good.
I was right! It was my Mate who delivered my parcel. I was washing my car so we had a good natter for 15 mins putting the World to right. Not all Hermes drivers are bad.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don’t understand the comments about never using them again, unless you mean you run a business selling items of course. I have never got to choose the courier that a seller chooses to use, it is their choice not mine.
Who I use to buy you get the option of free delivery with Hermes or pay extra and its DPD, I now pay that wee bit extra and use DPD
Holland and Barrett option for me now is to go instore and collect the delivery or not buy at all.

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ellelledee View Post
checking my auto correct before i start 😂.
Got a parcel on order from qvc coming by hermes. Always get parcels sent to dhs work cos we are out all day. Got an email saying they tried to deliver it sunday but there was no one there - obviously. So they tried to re-deliver monday - they couldn’t find the address - odd when they went sunday and no one was there but monday they can’t find it. Tried to contact them you can’t ring it’s just an online bot or then an online chat assistant who said they needed details - postcode etc - which they already had. She told me it would be delivered today between 8-8 but i told her no one would be there after 5. It’s still not been delivered and i have an email waiting it will be between 4 and 8 so again it’s going to go back. But you can’t speak to them. How do you get in touch with them?
I’m thinking if i call qvc they will say to contact hermes but you can’t.

hms hermes ?
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

I was expecting a large candle from Yankee candles due before we went on holiday. Never arrived and the date changed to the day after we left.
Went online, filled in the leave elsewhere safe place section. Filled in my neighbours details who had kindly offered to wait in.
Late evening on delivery day just jumped on WiFi to check and picture of delivery. Thrown over MY 5 bar gate IN FULL VIEW and the pouring rain.
My neighbour sat in all day , felt awful for her.
Luckily Yankee had packed so well it didn’t break
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Maybe you got one of these delivery drivers

Old 27 Feb 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
alisonjones
Imagineer

alisonjones's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Hermes is the best delivery here by far. It might just be our little man who delivers but I get a text/e mail with the time and another one when it’s been delivered. He’s so good if he can’t leave it in our shed as he usually does if we’re not in, he has fetched it to the salon as he know I’m there sometimes. Can’t recommend him enough.