Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jun 17, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
k100dmk
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Amiee89 View Post
We are paying an extra £1000 for the same holiday next year as we had this year 😡 X
we would be looking a about the same price increase of £1000-£1100 for the two of us, i think some of this is down to there being no standard rooms left which i find hard to believe as we booked in october last year and cul have got a standard room at any resort but there have been not at POR basically since they announced free dining.
k100dmk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

We skipped universal this year and just did Disney. Wasn't bothered as I know we are returning in 2019 to do Disney and universal.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Rossmasa
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ontwofronts View Post
Don't bother, you'll either be grovelling or in deep denial, and I won't want to hear either.
Have a crystal ball do we ? nobody knows whats going to happen after brexit
Caribbean Beach Resort August 2016
Coronado Springs Resort August 2014, 2015, 2017 2018, 2019 (Gran Destino)
Art Of Animation December 2021 2022
Rossmasa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
tadshome
Apprentice Imagineer

tadshome's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
No, just made hubby work more
Old 27 Jun 17, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Next year we are doing no parks or possibly just one day Disney. As much as I love WDW I just cannot justify the price per ticket for a family of 4. Looking forward to exploring what the rest of Florida has to offer!
This is our plan for next year, park tickets just becoming too expensive, we are lucky that we have done the parks many times and the kids are grown up now so will do a bit more exploring, did West coast last year and really enjoyed it, including 2 days disney and 1 day universal which were much cheaper than Orlando so may just consider that again
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
feelingnuts
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Picklepuppy View Post
If you have to make cuts to go then maybe either save or look at a different destination, it won't be the holiday you want if you've made cuts. We are going everything we want when we go including 2 things which aren't in the original plan. If we were in the situation where we were having to make choices due to cost we wouldn't go and would go somewhere else. We once had a holiday where we were counting the pennies and it was miserable and made USC wish we hadn't bothered, so we vowed we would do it again.
I disagree with this we have been 3 years on the trot first year all out, all parks no scrimping 2nd year we were going to Lapland too so we went and had universal tickets and only a 2 day Disney ticket to save on costs we ate in slightly cheaper restaurants did a little less shopping we didn't enjoy it any less.

I think it depends on if you plan to go every year or it's a once in a life time trip.

Our next trip I can't justify universal and Disney tickets our son will be 7 so we've decided a big Disney holiday then our following visit will be universal. We've already talked about doing a few breakfasts before we go to save on spends or a few self made lunches round the pool rather than buying a subway or similar. I'd much rather do that and still go than compromise with a trip to europe.

I should add nothing wrong with Europe we went skiing earlier this year so decided to give Florida a miss however I've ended up booking 2 holidays to Tenerife which with what we've spent I could have gone to Florida 😬
feelingnuts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by feelingnuts View Post
I disagree with this we have been 3 years on the trot first year all out, all parks no scrimping 2nd year we were going to Lapland too so we went and had universal tickets and only a 2 day Disney ticket to save on costs we ate in slightly cheaper restaurants did a little less shopping we didn't enjoy it any less.

I think it depends on if you plan to go every year or it's a once in a life time trip.

Our next trip I can't justify universal and Disney tickets our son will be 7 so we've decided a big Disney holiday then our following visit will be universal. We've already talked about doing a few breakfasts before we go to save on spends or a few self made lunches round the pool rather than buying a subway or similar. I'd much rather do that and still go than compromise with a trip to europe.

I should add nothing wrong with Europe we went skiing earlier this year so decided to give Florida a miss however I've ended up booking 2 holidays to Tenerife which with what we've spent I could have gone to Florida 😬
I won't compromise on anything when I'm on holiday. I won't cook or make lunches or anything. I'm on holiday! I compromise on stuff all the time at home so am not prepared to do it on holiday. I'm also not planning on going to Florida every year, we are going next year and then will probably look at doing it again 2021. The world is too big to keep constantly going back to the same place. We have never scrimped or compromised what we want to on holiday no matter what the cost is.
A holiday is time to do what you want not a time to count the pennies.
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I won't compromise on anything when I'm on holiday. I won't cook or make lunches or anything. I'm on holiday! I compromise on stuff all the time at home so am not prepared to do it on holiday. I'm also not planning on going to Florida every year, we are going next year and then will probably look at doing it again 2021. The world is too big to keep constantly going back to the same place. We have never scrimped or compromised what we want to on holiday no matter what the cost is.
A holiday is time to do what you want not a time to count the pennies.
Sorry but I don't believe this is true. What is true is that your have a set of needs that you are not going to change from but they are already your set of compromises.

Do you fly in a private jet or first class, get a limo or driver to drive you around stay in the best suite in the Polynesian?

We all make our own compromises. I will only fly buisness class. I want a hotel of good to moderate standard. I don't care about the type of car etc etc but those are my compromises.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Sorry but I don't believe this is true. What is true is that your have a set of needs that you are not going to change from but they are already your set of compromises.

Do you fly in a private jet or first class, get a limo or driver to drive you around stay in the best suite in the Polynesian?

We all make our own compromises. I will only fly buisness class. I want a hotel of good to moderate standard. I don't care about the type of car etc etc but those are my compromises.
No because I don't want to fly in a private jet, having been in one for hubbies work I have no desire to do it again.

If the holiday is everything I want and I am not having to forgo anything then I am not making compromises. A compromise is when you want one thing but settle for another!

Just because I don't want to stay at the poly doesn't mean I'm compromising it for another hotel, it means it's not what I fancy doing. If I wanted to stay in their best suite etc I would do so.

A compromise is only a compromise if it's not your first choice. And since the holiday I have booked is everything on my wish list plus extras then there is no compromise
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

No because I don't want to fly in a private jet, having been in one for hubbies work I have no desire to do it again.

If the holiday is everything I want and I am not having to forgo anything then I am not making compromises. A compromise is when you want one thing but settle for another!

Just because I don't want to stay at the poly doesn't mean I'm compromising it for another hotel, it means it's not what I fancy doing. If I wanted to stay in their best suite etc I would do so.

A compromise is only a compromise if it's not your first choice. And since the holiday I have booked is everything on my wish list plus extras then there is no compromise
Ok, I stand corrected on your holiday but still beleive most people set their own compromises in life.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List