Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Jul 17, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
It totally depends on the price. We got UC for this month for £1200 so went for them.
It is a massive improvement from PE and a much bigger jump in quality than from Economy to PE.
For £1200 we were pretty happy. We paid similar a couple of years ago on Aer Lingus.
So for us, Business Class is worth around that price. Wouldn't want to pay muchh more.
I have never flown Upper but I would certainly hope it is a lot better than PE. I think I must be the only person disappointed with PE, mainly because I hated the fixed armrests!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tadshome
Apprentice Imagineer

tadshome's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by LaughingPlace View Post
Doing UC for first time in august thanks to air miles... can't wait! Will give you my opinions when back!
We are flying Upper for the first time in August, can't wait

Edited at 06:49 AM.
tadshome is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 17, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

The first time we did Upper in 2015 we got a upgrade for £1600 for 4 of us ( return) we originally booked Ec out PE back.
Worth every penny.
Flying Upper again next month and I can't wait ( free upgrade due to changing our flights)
I find it far superior to PE.
Love the 747 ( man - Mco) as it only has 14 seats and feels very special!
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 17, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Dansgirl
Helping Minnie

Mobile

We are doing upper in September, I managed to get upper cheaper than PE! This was due to the return leg being very cheap for upper. I kept an eye on the prices and booked direct through virgin. We are so excited as it is one of our bucket list items to tick off.
Dansgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 17, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
It's addictive! We first experienced it when they bumped us from PE due to a family kicking off big time about their seats
So a nice free upgrade for us.

We try and do it for the return leg each time now albeit occasionally the price is too much and I won't pay it. Got a good price for UC return for next April so well pleased with that.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 17, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Bluefish
Getting Excited

We have traveled virgin upper, on the Dreamliner and Airbus. But have only done so through airmiles. Yes it was good and to be honest far better on an outward journey than return and equally the Dreamliner is much better than the Airbus.

The price would have to be very good for me to pay cash for it though as I personally would not pay £2500 each
Bluefish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 17, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm flying Upper class next month for the first time as it was cheaper than PE!
Can't wait to experience it, although I fear it will spoil me and I will never want to fly in economy ever again
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 17, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
k100dmk
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I personally wouldn't pay for upper especially on the older virgin planes which look very dated for an upper class cabin. The actual seat width etc is the same size as PE on virgin obviously without the going flat. I also don't like how virgin lay out their upper class cabin, I think other airlines make far better use of space on their business class product. I've seen people compare virgin upper to other airlines first class (they should as upper is business class) but there really is no comparrison. Check out virgin Australia's business class cabin, in my opinion far better than how virgin Atlantic have their upper.

That being said I would do it with air miles. I don't sleep on planes so the bed is of little use, I hate plane food and eat very little also so a lot of the perks are wasted on me. My uncle and auntie on the other hand love it and wouldn't fly any other way.
k100dmk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 17, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by k100dmk View Post
I personally wouldn't pay for upper especially on the older virgin planes which look very dated for an upper class cabin. The actual seat width etc is the same size as PE on virgin obviously without the going flat. I also don't like how virgin lay out their upper class cabin, I think other airlines make far better use of space on their business class product. I've seen people compare virgin upper to other airlines first class (they should as upper is business class) but there really is no comparrison. Check out virgin Australia's business class cabin, in my opinion far better than how virgin Atlantic have their upper.

That being said I would do it with air miles. I don't sleep on planes so the bed is of little use, I hate plane food and eat very little also so a lot of the perks are wasted on me. My uncle and auntie on the other hand love it and wouldn't fly any other way.
Hi k100... both have canny width's; UC is 22", PE 21". I noted when comparing US carriers biz class width, with the odd exception VA's PE width is more than US carrier's biz seating. BA's WT+ seat is 18.5", we personally don't class 1" more as a premium seat.

We used miles for UC winter just gone, 100k miles pp, £424 taxes & fees, well pleased esp as it seems harder still to find miles seats now.
Old 4 Jul 17, 05:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

It's another 'once in a lifetime' thing - do it once and before you know it you've done it 5 times!
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List