Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Dec 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Mobile Just so very sad

I had another thread running about a lumber puncture DD had in hospital last week. In the end she spent a week in hospital and it turned out that she had blood clots in her brain. She was discharged from hospital on Thursday and sent home with blood thinners. It has been a very trying weekend. She has understandably been very tearful and I have been trying to hold it together for her. She is very sleepy and just wants to be in bed. I have to go to work tomorrow and she will be on her own until her BF gets here. DD is 23 but still my baby.

Just so sad that this has happened to her, also feel guilty because I know Dibbers on here are going through an even worse time.
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Sorry to read this and I hope that she is recovering well. You don’t need to apologise for feeling as you do, no matter what happens to anyone there is probably always going to be somebody else on the planet that is having an even worse time. It doesn’t mean you can’t feel sad or worried about your own situation.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Oh bless you and your daughter. Hope she is on the road to recovery very soon. x
Old 8 Dec 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Ked
Excited about Disney

Hope she gets better soon x
Ked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sorry you are going through a tough time op, bet you have been worried sick. Hope your daughter recovers soon xx
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I am so sorry - don’t apologise its normal to need support sometimes, and especially when its our children! I hope she is better soon x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

She’s your baby, it doesn’t matter how old she is. You wish it was you. You fret whether you could have done more. You worry about the future. It would be strange if you didn’t feel sad. It’s good she’s been discharged and she’s safe at home to heal. Sending you and your DD love and best wishes.
Old 8 Dec 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

So sorry to hear this. I agree wholeheartedly with Claudette. There will always be someone in a worse situation but that never makes anyone else’s problems insignificant (and this certainly sounds like a very stressful and upsetting time)
Sending lots of positive thoughts x

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I haven’t got anything to add that others haven’t said but I can send some more love and thoughts to you all xxxx
Old 8 Dec 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It’s a very stressful time when our loved ones are ill.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List