Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Feb 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Samsmum
Earning More Ears

Mobile Ooooops

So after swearing we weren't going this year and purposefully missing free dining promotions we have accidentally booked 😂. To be fair we were looking at other holidays with Jet2 etc and I had a sneaky look on the BA website for further afield. The prices for packages to Spain etc were crazy and I managed to get 13 nights at Rosen Pointe Orlando and return flights from Manchester for 3 of us (2 adults and 8 year old) for £2100.00 in August. There was no contest value wise 😂

We won't be doing Disney or Universal as we have been fortunate enough to go to these for the last couple of years so are challenging ourselves to do things we haven't done before.

We will probably go to the H2O glow night at typhoon lagoon as we liked it so much last year and have a day at Discovery Cove to take advantage of the Seaworld, Aquatica ( never been) and Busch Garden tickets (never been). Other than that, hit me with your ideas.

We have never done an airboat ride so that's a possibility or been to Kennedy Space Centre . We've also never been to Clearwater so we have loads of options. Its going to be great not stressing about fast passes etc. We've stayed on site at Disney before and at Cabana Bay so we are looking forward to having more options to get out and about without feeling we could be using our tickets more.

Now that it's booked I'm super excited about going again. Sorry there's not much point to my post other than to say whoop whoop we are booked 😁😁
Samsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Samsmum View Post
So after swearing we weren't going this year and purposefully missing free dining promotions we have accidentally booked 😂. To be fair we were looking at other holidays with Jet2 etc and I had a sneaky look on the BA website for further afield. The prices for packages to Spain etc were crazy and I managed to get 13 nights at Rosen Pointe Orlando and return flights from Manchester for 3 of us (2 adults and 8 year old) for £2100.00 in August. There was no contest value wise 😂

We won't be doing Disney or Universal as we have been fortunate enough to go to these for the last couple of years so are challenging ourselves to do things we haven't done before.

We will probably go to the H2O glow night at typhoon lagoon as we liked it so much last year and have a day at Discovery Cove to take advantage of the Seaworld, Aquatica ( never been) and Busch Garden tickets (never been). Other than that, hit me with your ideas.

We have never done an airboat ride so that's a possibility or been to Kennedy Space Centre . We've also never been to Clearwater so we have loads of options. Its going to be great not stressing about fast passes etc. We've stayed on site at Disney before and at Cabana Bay so we are looking forward to having more options to get out and about without feeling we could be using our tickets more.

Now that it's booked I'm super excited about going again. Sorry there's not much point to my post other than to say whoop whoop we are booked 😁😁
Always plenty to do in Orlando, have fun planning
Old 1 Feb 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I know what you mean about prices elsewhere. I looked at a one week package holiday for one (me) in the Canaries - nearly £1000 - for one week 😱🤬. I’ve decided to save my £1000 towards my next Florida trip which hopefully will be in Nov.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sungiggs
Imagineer

sungiggs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Samsmum View Post

Hi fab price do you mind me asking what dates that’s for I can’t get anywhere near when looking, thanks 😊

sungiggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfans
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

That sounds great. Do you mind me asking where you booked and what dates please
Old 1 Feb 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Fantastic price, and believe me you can have a more stress free time not going to Disney.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Samsmum
Earning More Ears

Mobile

We booked through BA for flight and hotel. It suits us as you can pay a deposit.

We are going indirect and one of our connections is 4.5 hours which is why it will have been cheaper but that doesn't bother us. We fly indirect most of the time and I guess it depends on what you are happy with.

We are flying Aer Lingus out and American Airlines on the way back .
Samsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Samsmum
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disneyfans View Post
That sounds great. Do you mind me asking where you booked and what dates please

With BA and going 20th August to 2nd September. We are taking advantage of the fact that schools aren't back until 7th September around us this year ( West Yorkshire)
Old 1 Feb 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We did the same for October. Priced Majorca scottish school october week £818 each. Orlando for the week, flights hotel and car £750 each. No brainer for us!
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Could have written this post myself! After looking all over for other holidays nothing compares price wise for your money. We did Barbados in October for 8 nights and yes while it was lovely and chilled it was a bit boring! (I read 6 books! and finished them before the end of the holiday) This will be the children’s 6th time to Florida. We were there July/August 2019 too and Disney was just soooo busy (we were onsite for 1 week at CSR) it just put us off so this year we’re not doing Disney or universal. We’re doing discovery cove non swim with sw Busch and Aquatica. Our tickets were only £150 each. We’re going for 15 nights and exploring more of Florida too. The boys want to do KSC which doesn’t interest me so I’m going to do a tour of the Disney hotels for a Disney fix that day. On our list we have treasure island, Wekiwa state park, winter garden, celebration (still never made it here!), de Leon springs, zip wire gatorland, tarpon springs so we need to do some research to slot it all in!

We fly 14-29 July BA package includes;
BA Gatwick-mco direct return
Group W SUV full duration
3 nights Rosen Shingle Creek
2 adults 1teen 1 child £2800

12 nights Bahama Bay £909
Discovery Cove SW Busch Aq x4 £600

Grand total £4309 plus spends
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List