Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 1 Feb 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Australia weather - July/August

Considering planning a holiday to Australia but we are tied to school holidays. We are also tied to holidays that don't clash with exams. July and August next year would be a good time to go, but I'm not sure about the weather. We are planning sightseeing in Sydney, then a drive up to the Gold Coast, then a flight up to Whitsundays, and fly home from Brisbane. Will it be warm enough for shorts and t-shirts? I'm assuming Sydney might not be, but Gold Coast and Whitsundays? Needs to be warm enough for kids to swim and go to the beach.

Otherwise we will have to squeeze it in over Christmas one year instead which isn't ideal due to mocks in January.
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

My brother is in Perth and he has advised us not to come in July /August.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
FamilyDisney
Getting Excited

Mobile

We were in Australia last summer for 3 weeks July 2019. Victoria was cold around about 13 degrees at beginning of hols, Brisbane/Gold Coast pleasant low 20's middle of hols. Sydney end of holiday varied pleasant again low 20's. Quite different to what I'd experienced on a previous visit Dec/Jan when temps are in the 30's or low 40's. I knew what to expect though so was prepared for it.
FamilyDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Our son moved to Sydney end of July last year with his family. They found the weather quite pleasant and spent a lot of time swimming. The locals seemed to think they were mad as it was cold for them, perspective really. They were having lots of days when they first got there around 20c.

The further north you go the warmer it will be. We were planning on going up to Cairns and Port Douglas where the weather is sub tropical

We are going end of June for a few weeks and expect reasonable weather and will be taking summer wear. Hope you have a great holiday.

I could not cope with the weather at the moment they have been having up to 40c some days.

Edited at 09:24 PM.
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
I’m from the Sunshine Coast (about 3 hrs drive north of the Gold Coast) and it is normally around low 20’s during the winter months, however it can feel very cool when it is rainy. It feels like a Yorkshire Summer

Christmas time is incredibly hot, I love hot weather however it might be hard to sightsee in 40+ deg c temps. Could you potentially go over the Easter period? The weather is much more bearable then. Michelle x
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Been in July a long time ago. We had a day in Sydney and our photos have us in fleeces and long trousers. Brrr!
We were staying inland from Sydney and it was cold, needed hats and gloves as well.
Didn't go to any other areas which I imagine would be warmer.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Tricky decision then, whether to risk probably our only trip there if it' s not warm enough. Next Easter is out due to school holiday dates not lining up properly as they're at different schools. Easter 2022 is A-levels and GCSEs so not then. Our only options are Christmas 2021 and Summer 2021 and 22, or Easter 2023!
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
So just a quick thought (apologies if you have already done this) . It might be worth checking back at the temperatures for each location over the past couple of years. This might help you decide. X
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

End of October any better? Ive had a look at Wunderground and temps look a bit higher. Anyone squeezed a trip into 2 weeks?