Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Feb 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

It would be a definite ‘no’ from me. I like a relatively peaceful garden so we can sit out and relax. Backing onto so many family homes - affordable or not would/could make for a very noisy garden.

Edited at 07:57 PM.
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Island mamma
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Would depend how many storeys the houses backing on to you will have. If they are two storey houses you could plant a nice hedge at your side of the back fence and pretty much block your view of the houses at the back from your ground floor and garden. I would check the planning permission and take it from there
Island mamma is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Good idea I need to look into it more I think 😊
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
The bit that would worry me from the article is the part that said something like "the police have suggested measures to stop anti-social behaviour".

I'd also be worried how many storeys, can tell if it's houses or flats backing on to the property and just how high density housing it would be for noise transference across the gardens. It only takes 1 neighbour to play loud music/have dogs that are allowed to bark/ kids with no boundaries/ loud parties to make a nuisance so the higher density the houses the more likely one may do those things.
Old 6 Feb 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Yep that part worried me about the police and anti social part!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Will the trees behind the fence stay?
It would help mitigate any privacy issues if they did.
Personally those plans look okay to me as they're all behind you so no need to drive past or interact to a high degree.
And maybe you could use the news to get a better price on the property.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

I would wonder if the current owners knew about this and is it why they are selling?
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
No the current sellers are splitting up, live in the same house and don’t talk at all (would love to know why &#128584! They did tell us houses were being built but now I’ve found out about these affordable houses!
Old 6 Feb 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Looking at those picture they don’t look like high flats. Those markings look like houses which could be two or three story (3 story town homes are very common on new estates around here as they can get a 4 bed on a smaller plot.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Would be a huge no from me.

We have yet another new estate going up in our town. There are not enough parking spaces for the inevitable number of cars. The current roads can't cope with the traffic we have now and a link road that was supposed to be built still hasn't been built over 10 years down the line. Current drains can't cope either. Don't even get me started on schools, doctors and dentists. I really don't understand how they can get planning.

As an aside I wouldn't hold my breath for any of the money going from the developer to the NHS, open space and highways that the article mentions. £20,000 for highways won't go far when there could be 400+ extra cars at the new development.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List