Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Feb 20, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Affordable housing is an umbrella term. It includes intermediate housing (shared ownership for example) affordable rented but as social rented (think council houses). Very rare to see fully affordable developments due to viability so it is a higher chance that it is the lower end of affordable housing (value not a judgment on the residents).

I am surprised it didn’t come up on the local search which would suggest it doesn’t have planning but you can easily search your local council website to see if it does have planning. If it does you will likely be able to find out the type of unit that is to be built and go from there.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

I'd be inclined to make an appointment with the planning office and discuss it with them before making a final decision
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
82lcm
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

When we were looking to buy I was put off a house on a new build estate because it backed on to affordable housing but since then a friend who split with her husband has bought an affordable housing new build property and all it means is she can get 50% mortgage and a housing association and housing developer own the other 50%. It’s affordable for her because she can get the mortgage on her single wage and then pays the rest in rent to the HA but this also decreases their ownership so eventually she will own the house. However on another local new build estate there are houses that are rented out to families by the HA and they could be any kind tenant so I think you need to clarify what kind of affordable housing it is before comitting.
82lcm is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Searches only search the property not surrounding land unless you specifically ask for it to be included. The house behind the one you are hoping to buy is a standard 3 bed semi, you can see the drawings on your Council's website.
I wouldn't worry about the police comments, it's standard practise for them to comment on large housing developments. They advise on whether the design is likely to give rise to anti-social behaviour, not the residents.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

It would be a no from me. Winsford already has a few rough areas and this could be the next one. Also living next to a building site will be noisy and dirty and may even impact your home - a guy local to us post videos on fb of his house shaking as the builders build a new estate at the back of him.. he has dust everywhere (inside and out) and now cracking in his walls.😀
I like to see what I am buying, so buying into unknown would put me off...can you look closer to Delamere?

Good luck.
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by sam_b View Post
It would be a no from me. Winsford already has a few rough areas and this could be the next one. Also living next to a building site will be noisy and dirty and may even impact your home - a guy local to us post videos on fb of his house shaking as the builders build a new estate at the back of him.. he has dust everywhere (inside and out) and now cracking in his walls.😀
I like to see what I am buying, so buying into unknown would put me off...can you look closer to Delamere?

Good luck.
Why delamere? It’s very rural round there. I currently live in Northwich and have done for 10 years. Previously lived in Winsford most of my childhood. Like anywhere there are rough areas but it’s a pretty decent small town. Plus this house is on the outskirts. The noise and stuff is something to consider dilemma!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

I'd take affordable housing to be excatly that, maybe shared ownership for lower paid workers/young families etc

wouldnt bother me , we have had house building (& still have today) work around us for 20 years, there is some occasional some daytime noise but nothing to make an impact

the most noise we get is from the new primary school built about 100 yards from my window.. amazing how much noise a few hundred little kids make
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thank you for all your input it’s really helping. I’m going to go to the council and see about the planning and ask to look at plans etc. I can’t seem to find anything on the planning page maybe I’m not doing it right! If it’s a block of apartment block then that’s a definite no!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Thank you for all your input it’s really helping. I’m going to go to the council and see about the planning and ask to look at plans etc. I can’t seem to find anything on the planning page maybe I’m not doing it right! If it’s a block of apartment block then that’s a definite no!
I've answered above... it's a 3 bed standard semi. Link below to the relevant page on the website.

pa.cheshirewestandchester.go... FMEJETEIE300
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
I think a visit to Planning may be the best course of action. It will hopefully be a good starter for ten.

Builders noise comes and goes and there is normally an end in sight. Saying that my Cul de Sac was built between 1948 and 1952. Only 11 houses but for the last 5 years there has been a building firm somewhere here every day!
What with extensions, loft conversions, patios, fencing etc etc it's non stop. Mmm, that's my house as well!

Flats and being overlooked would be my big two.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List