Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The Disney Five do Florida for the first time Aug 19 ~day 12- Ohana

Day 12
Friday 23.08.19
Ohana

This was a morning I had been looking forward to all holiday Ohana for breakfast, I had always wanted to do this so booked it right at 180 days and managed to get what we wanted. We decided to drive over to the poly and leave the car there for the morning. We arrived in plenty of time and headed up to meet pluto before our reservation time.

We really enjoyed this meal, the kids not so much which surprised me as they are not really fussy eaters, the character interaction was great and we managed to get some really good pictures and of course those autograph books signed.

I thoroughly enjoyed this and thought it was worth the price , Darren not so much he felt it was a bit too pricey and rushed. I just like not having to que for hours to meet our favourite characters and the food was really lovely and a bit of a change to what we had been eating all holiday.

We paid out of pocket for this and it was a little pricey but it was so worth it in my opinion as a treat , we came to pay the bill and for some reason they charged us twice, we use revolut so it notifys immediately of any payments, we spoke to the staff and they were very apologetic and couldn’t understand why it had done this as it was just showing once there side. It turns out that revolut sometimes hold the payment twice and then release it ten days later. We were not aware of this and it hadn’t happened at all throughout our trip so we were really not happy. Luckily we had enough money for the rest of our trip but it was close to an extra $300 dollars that was taken imagine if we didn’t. Ohana were really apologetic even though it wasn’t their fault and they actually offered to refund the whole bill so we wouldn’t be out of pocket which was a lovely gesture and a bit of Disney magic right there, we didn’t expect this at all. But still 5 months later it was never refunded we could have emailed them as the manager gave us his business card and I bet they would have honoured what they said but we didn’t feel it was justified we ate the meal enjoyed it and eventually got the second amount taken refunded so we weren’t out of pocket at all just a little inconvenienced but again not disneys fault. Fab customer service though.
With our bellies full we decided to have a little look round the Polynesian, we almost upgraded to here about a month before our trip for just £600 extra so were keen to see if we made the right choice sticking with CBR. It was a beautiful resort but I’m happy we stuck with CBR.

We had a look around the gift shop and We even managed to pick u some lays, we weren’t given these like you used to at Ohanas but the manager let us have some anyway we just asked at the front desk. They are now proudly hanging in our office at home.

We jumped on the monorail and headed into magic kingdom a great plus to this resort is the closest to MK it was fab just to be able to be there in a matter of minutes. The cast member let us jump off and have some pics in the lobby of the contempary.

I was starting to feel a little bit unwell at this point , the heat was really affecting me today which it hadn’t really done all holiday ( I love the heat usually the hotter the better) I felt really weak and dizzy not good at all. Still we must carry on, we were in search of the magic shot where it zooms out from a height we managed to find it to the right of the main square, this was a fantastic shot so well done. We got the pic were it zooms out from us right back too which was fab.

More pics in front of the castle and we managed to catch the end of the dance party which the kids loved getting involved with

We had a fast pass for buzz which we hadn’t managed to do all holiday so were looking forward to this but I just felt awful I remember being sat on it not being able to do anything at all the ride picture was awful ha ha and cannot be posted here so you can have Darren and Elisha instead

We began to que for monsters Inc laugh floor but we seemed to do just be standing around for ages and ages not actually moving we ditched the que after 20 mins as I was virtually on the point of collapsing and knew I needed to sit down. I do this weird thing where I yawn excessively right before I faint and I was starting to do that , so embarrassing determined not to faint in public we quickly headed for the only place I knew I could half sit/sprawl out, the people mover. No que for this and we spied a Disney vlogger that I watch “ brummymummyof2” well she’s not a Disney vlogger more a life vlogger but she goes to Disney a lot. I really wanted to say hi but was worried I’d scare her half to death with my zombie look ha ha. We came off this and I felt a little better still not right but no longer on the verge of fainting.
Next up was a fast pass for space mountain, yeah right I’d be sitting this one out,

Me and scarlett went and found ourselves a nice little bench whist the other 3 went and rode it. We happened to be sat right in front of the Joffreys stand and I’d wanted a big pink doughnut all holiday, I thought sod it I can’t feel any worse so I went and got one and a full fat coke which I never drink, and do you know what by the time they came off that ride I felt a million times better.

Raging with jealousy at our doughnut snack and how good they were we got another one for the other for the other 3 to share. These are a great use of a snack credit one can easily be shared between 3.

We qued for tomorowland speedway which was only around 30 mins and another great ride although very hot in the que. We had a fast pass for splash mountain and we all very much needed this cool down, another great ride love that drop at the end and the soaking you get sorted me right out.

Big thunder mountain up next a firm favourite with us all we love the Paris one and this one is just as good if not a little better. We let the three kids sit together and we actually enjoyed a ride together for once.

Walking back through fantasy land on the way out and the kids were accosted by peter Pan which was so magical , he skipped round chatting to them about Neverland I was almost crying it was lovely.

Our plan for the rest of the day was to try and spend some of our snack credits at Disney springs we had so many left over it was ridiculous really. We nipped back to the resort as I was really struggling in a t shirt it was so hot today
Another pink drink consumed from star bucks and lots of credits spent in Ghirardelli, we also bought the candles and melts from the Disney store that smelt like Pandora, having burnt them now they definitely do and its lovely lighting them back home. I got some of the little postcards and some long socks, Minnie for me and beast for Darren. I picked up some of the hand scrub from basin that makes your hands lovely and smooth.

After that we had promised the kids a cool down in the pool for the evening, something we all really needed. I think me and Darren had spent a bit too much time in each others company by this point ( if you know what I mean) and decided he would head off to Walmart as he was looking for some teeth whitening stuff and I would take the kids to the pool. The kids spent a happy couple of hours in the little pool next to our room and after a while I went and picked up some chicken tenders from Centertown and swopped out the kids drinks for cans of corona ( bad mum) so I sent Darren a lovely picture of me chilling with my two coronas

He arrived back not long after this with his own coronas in hand ( copy cat) ha ha those beers were very much enjoyed and all was right with the world again.
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Glad you started to feel better after your snack

Joan
Old 14 Feb 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Glad you started to feel better after your snack

Joan
Ha ha me too, I must have needed a sugar boost
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Glad you felt better after your snack. That fainting feeling is awful! I'm not a Dr but I've been told that yawning thing is your body trying to get more oxygen into your system.
Donut looked awesome!
Old 21 Feb 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Corona fixes everything

dozy does de west... vegas baby
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=886432
dozy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Originally Posted by JudeB View Post
Glad you felt better after your snack. That fainting feeling is awful! I'm not a Dr but I've been told that yawning thing is your body trying to get more oxygen into your system.
Donut looked awesome!
really I didn't know that but it does make sense
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23