Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 26 Feb 20, 02:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mouseketeer84
Trying for More Ears

Really can't decide whether to do MNSSHP

Hi all,

We are going back in October, first time we've been when MNSSHP is on. We've done MVMCP twice and as much as we enjoyed it, it's a lot of extra money for one night and I'm guessing that October will be really busy?
We loved the Christmas party but the queues were just as long as normal days and we only had a few hot chocolates & cookies.

I would love to see the Boo to you parade but is it really worth it? The party is on SO many nights we're there, I'll struggle to do an evening in MK if we don't go. Just money is tight and it seems a lot extra.

Someone give me their opinions on what I should do, I'm torn!

Thanks
Disneyland Paris - Cheyenne - 2019
4th once in a lifetime - Kissimmee - 2019
mouseketeer84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 04:40 AM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

we are taking dd best friend and don't know whether to go or not
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

It depends on what you want out of it.
Yes it is busy and more so in October but it is also quiet at times.

Mine train will always be busy but doable. I went on BTM 5 times in a row with no wait, same with space mountain.

The second parade is usually quieter as those with young children have gone home. The show is also good.

Leave the trick or treating to later in the evening - one it gets heavy, two it melts and 3 they give out more

If you plan to get to the park before the start of the party, I got there at 4pm and headed into the queue to meet Jack and Sally and was out just after 5pm ( they started the meet at 5pm)
There are lots of different characters out around the park.
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Having paid a packet for an amazing magical experience, I could not contemplate skipping MNSSHP. It is an integral part of the Disney experience.

It is impossible to quantify ‘worth’ as each persons worth is different.

Disney332

Edited at 09:18 AM.
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I think we have near enough decided that this will be our last year doing it & only going this year as it will be our last day/night & we always finish in MK & otherwise we have to leave early. For approx the same night as last year it is $15 more expensive! At a little under $25/hour I don't think that it is worth it, if we didn't already have Ultimate passes then maybe but Disney are also over selling these now & what once was a quietish night is now fairly rammed - or has been for our last 5-6 visits. I'm fairly sure that ride times were on par with day time stats & meet & greets like 7 dwarfs had queues building from 4:00pm
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post

I am glad I gave it a try, but it is not something I would ever go back to. I don't think it is something that we get value out of because it was so over crowded, we couldn't get anything done. I haven't been to a Christmas party yet and suspect it will be similar but I am back at WDW in December and will be my only opportunity so I will probably end up going just to try it out. Definitely one offs for us.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

I can't decide either!

We have done it once - but not all of us - my 2 boys are coming this time, and would love it.

But it's £350 if all 5 of us go...it's good, and would recommend to anyone to do once...value - of course it's very over priced (what isn't about these holidays, esp Disney related!) but can't do it anywhere else...but maybe it's magical enough without it...we are off site, so could be good to get rides done - maybe decide when we are out there see how our MK normal visits go... maybe...!
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
All I can say is that we must attend on the wrong nights ! I keep reading about getting rides done etc, when we first started going I would have whole heartedly agreed but our night last year & the previous year was rammed- 7DMT & space were 75-90 mins all night, HM 45-60 most of the night & all the photo ops were high all night.
We still enjoy it, where else can we dress up & walk about without feeling daft! But having been when these used to be quieter, walk ons all night, Boo to you the same every year & if I'm being honest Hallowishes was better, I just don't think it's "worth" it for us when we already have passes.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
All I can say is that we must attend on the wrong nights ! I keep reading about getting rides done etc, when we first started going I would have whole heartedly agreed but our night last year & the previous year was rammed- 7DMT & space were 75-90 mins all night, HM 45-60 most of the night & all the photo ops were high all night.
We still enjoy it, where else can we dress up & walk about without feeling daft! But having been when these used to be quieter, walk ons all night, Boo to you the same every year & if I'm being honest Hallowishes was better, I just don't think it's "worth" it for us when we already have passes.
SD
I agree, I have never queued as much as I queued on MNSSHP night.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

If you've not done it before then you may want to spend the extra for that experience. I love the parade fireworks and Hocus Pocus show. The overlays on some of the rides are good and you will all get more sweets than you can possibly eat just remember to take the extra kilos into account for your luggage 😂
Expect that it may be busier than a busy MK day and you may have to make a choice between standing in line for characters versus doing rides but don't miss the parade or fireworks
We personally wouldn't do it again but we have done it 3 times on Halloween but was so busy last time it didn't have the same magic for us
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List