Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Feb 20, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
E14's lab results are back, he was killed by rat poison, poor baby
crowclinic/articles/e14-necropsy-results
Aye RR, saw that in the local News-Press... "markedly increased levels of brodifacoum, a type of anticoagulant rodenticide or rat poison,"... that'll explain the blood loss from the broken blood feather. Thank goodness the eaglet's body was removed for necropsy as I wonder if the adults would've become ill, or worse died, had they been able to finish eating the eaglets body.

Fingers still crossed for Harriet to lay an egg or two, waiting game.

Re Samson and Gabrielle on the NE Fl nest, pleased to see N22 hatched at 1.24am, Weds 19th Feb, N22 is a plump pistol, eat/coma, eat/coma Superb! Hoping the second egg will hatch soon (due to hatch today, 20th).

Follow Gabby and Samson HERE.

Watching the eagles and their two eaglets outside our friends home on the island, they're getting big and will begin branching within the next couple of weeks. Their appetites are voracious, the fish our friend discards from his daily fishing jaunts are very quickly snatched up and taken to the eaglets. There's been a nest in their tree for over 70 years, that's a lot of eagles/eaglets
Old 21 Feb 20, 02:54 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Gabby and Samon's N23 egg pipped today, Thu 20th, if all goes well N23 may make an appearance overnight - see HERE.

An adult baldie chased another local osprey for it's food over the pool today, this time the osprey bettered baldie by making a superb last second turn, baldie had to make an evasive move to avoid flying into the trees. Osprey got to keep his catch... this time!
Old 22 Feb 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

dickpritchettrealestate/eagle-feed.html

Harriet's laid another egg 😁
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by f1girly View Post

So pleased, fingers crossed all goes well
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 03:55 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by f1girly View Post

Isn't it just the dogs I was beginning to wonder if it would happen as we're only a week away from March and building heat. The last two weeks has been very hot, culminating with the hottest on Thursday of circa 89, by Friday morning North winds came tho and we were down to 65! Back up to 76 today and due to be 80's tomorrow (Sunday). I was concerned the heat may be too much for Harriet and her eaglet(s), so fingers crossed it'll be okay and all thrive.
Old 23 Feb 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Watching Gabby feed one of her eaglets right now - excellent to see... HERE

Edit: now feeding both, no bonking or irritation between eaglets... yet!

Edited at 10:25 PM.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 02:43 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

WOW, Harriet, North Fort Myers nest has laid four eggs! Not sure of survival as, apparently, whilst Alaskan baldies can raise more than two, generally we've only seen 2 eggs in the nests we watch. Fingers crossed she raises at least two after the loss of their first eaglet and egg.

See Harriet and M15's nest HERE
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
WOW, Harriet, North Fort Myers nest has laid four eggs! Not sure of survival as, apparently, whilst Alaskan baldies can raise more than two, generally we've only seen 2 eggs in the nests we watch. Fingers crossed she raises at least two after the loss of their first eaglet and egg.

See Harriet and M15's nest HERE
Oh my word, I'm worried and hope they have not all been fertilised. I had a look at the nest last, prior to the additional eggs, and saw we are looking at 30+ days before hatch, I worried about the rainy season starting and the eaglet not having its waterproof feathers, lord knows how Harriet or M15 will manage to keep 4 dry, and this is not even thinking of the heat they have got to face while developing Yes it is a blessing and I am really hoping all turns out well.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 03:35 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
Oh my word, I'm worried and hope they have not all been fertilised. I had a look at the nest last, prior to the additional eggs, and saw we are looking at 30+ days before hatch, I worried about the rainy season starting and the eaglet not having its waterproof feathers, lord knows how Harriet or M15 will manage to keep 4 dry, and this is not even thinking of the heat they have got to face while developing Yes it is a blessing and I am really hoping all turns out well.
Hi RR, altho the rainy season officially begins mid May it's usually well into June afore rain becomes a daily occurrence. The eaglets will be kitted out with their wet weather gear by then I hoping for two eaglets to 'make it'
Old 31 Mar 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

There's a baby and another on the way, its so exciting