Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Feb 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Here we go Again! Charlotte's 2nd WDW trip Jan 2019 - Day 14 pool, AoA and hometime

Index is here

Day 14

Wednesday 6th Feb 2019

So we'd reached the last day, the one everyone dreads. Hometime

Once we woke up, we had a chat and decided despite the extra fastpasses, we wouldn't go to Magic Kingdom today. We still had some packing to do, and we were all tired. So with the late check out we were given, we decided to have a couple of hours playing in the pool then get ready, cases done etc and pop to Art of Animation resort for a mooch around and some lunch in their food court before heading to the airport.

So with the plan made, we got ready in our pool gear and headed down.

It was a scorcher today, already hot and it was just before 10am!

We got down to the pool at 9.55 and went in through the open gate near Hurricane Hanna's. We popped our stuff down on a couple of beds then Martin went to fill our cups. As he'd left, a lifeguard came over and told me we would have to leave the "pool deck" as it didn't open until 10am. On looking at my phone, it was 9.58am. I explained I was now ony own with a 2 year old, and a load of swimming stuff (armbands, bucket and spade, suncream, water bottle etc) and could we just wait on the sunbed, but he wouldn't allow us to. Sigh. So I gathered up the stuff, grabbed Charlotte's hand and made the toddler size step walk to the gate nearest to us, which was over by Beaches and Cream, there was already a lifeguard there who scanned our magic bands and issued us wristbands. Martin turned up at this point, oblivious to what had gone on!
I felt annoyed and a bit stressed, but I suppose they were just following the rules.

Officially in

Anyway, as I lay down in the lovely sunshine I didn't feel stressed any longer! Martin and Charlotte went in the pool, I did go over and offer to take over so he could have a lie on a sunbed but she said "no mama, you go back to your sunbed" What a terrible shame

We spent a couple of happy hours, them bobbing around and building sandcastles, me sitting on the edge dangling my feet in, topping up our drinks and occasionally having a little lie on a sunbed!

Around 12 o'clock we sadly decided to make a move back to the room. I had a quick shower, then left Martin to sort him and Charlotte out while I finished the packing. We definitely needed an extra bag, as our cases stuffed full weighed 23.3kg, 19kg, 21kg and the duffel bag we had brought just in case weighed 13kg. It was $85 for an extra bag so I was gutted I didn't buy more in Bath and Body Works now we had extra weight allowance!

We said a sad goodbye to our lovely Beach Club room. Martin took the luggage down in a couple of trips and brought the car round to load it up. Thanks to the giant boot there was no problem fitting everything in.

Off to Art of Animation resort now! I'd heard the food court was really good, and I knew Charlotte would love all the figures and stuff around the grounds.

We parked up and went right to the food court, as by now it was gone 1 o'clock and we were all really hungry!

Martin got the create your own pasta for him and Charlotte, which smelled incredible, but I wanted one last Disney burger! Using up all our various credits, we also got 2 cookies, a mermaid cake, apple slices, a milk and 2 cartons of apple juice.

We thoroughly enjoyed our food, I would imagine when it was busy in this food court it could get extremely loud though!

Fed and happy, we decided to have a little explore of the resort now. Have I mentioned it was really hot today?!

Charlotte loved all the larger than life figures all around the paths. It's a really cool resort, and the pool area looked such good fun too. Despite not being particular fans of the movies, the Cars section was our favourite. The theming was so clever. The pool seemed loads calmer than the main pool too, and they had little cabanas that were shaped as cones!

We saw the new (unfinished) Skyliner tower which looked a bit of an eyesore in the middle of the beautiful lake.

Once we made it back to the main pool, we went inside the lobby to use the restrooms etc before heading off to the airport. We also checked out the gift shop, obviously.

The journey to the airport was uneventful. Charlotte fell asleep in the car, with a small selection of her new toys.

We got help with our bags as we handed the car back. A lovely man loaded them all up in a trolley and walked us all the way to check in.

Martin tipped him and we checked in at the self service computers , these were new since our last visit I think. We paid for our extra bag, got the labels and took them all to bag drop where we waved them off and hoped to see them again in Manchester!

Charlotte had slept through this whole process, so we woke her now. I changed into some leggings and we headed over to security. There were some people who were late for their flight, who basically were barging through the line asking if people minded them going ahead (but it was a rhetorical question - they had no intention of not going past!) We let them go ahead, but it was at an annoying time as we'd just taken Charlotte out of the stroller and folded it so were well and truly laden with stuff which we now had to hold onto while they went first . Every rule about going through security,they broke so it was the longest screening in the history of security screenings. They had liquids, food, electrical items they hadn't got out, all still had shoes, coats and belts on which they had to take off. When they were FINALLY done, the security guy who was very nice ,thanked us for our patience.

We boarded the monorail and were soon in the terminal. We nipped into Burger King were another bite to eat in case the food wasn't great on board (spoiler, it was awful)

Once we'd eaten we found the gate area which was pretty empty . I changed Charlotte into her PJs, we boarded and departed early and the flight was pretty empty , we were in the bubble which was fairly full but downstairs there was empty row after empty row. Martin went and sat down there for a while so Charlotte could lie out and she slept for a good 5 hours of the flight.

The lockers were open on this flight yay!

I've written "annoying people in front" but a year later I can't remember any more than that! I think it must be to do with them having their reading light on for the whole flight despite being asleep almost the whole time, unfortunately it was shining directly into our row.

Are these windows in different the zones?

I mentioned already that the food was awful, the only other thing of note was that the landing was pretty bumpy due to wind shear. Charlotte piped up "it's like being on Dumbo!" And she wasn't far wrong.

We had to walk into the terminal when we landed and it was torrential rain. There was a huge queue for security but we were directed to the family lane and got through quickly. We didn't wait long for our bags, which all came off together. The buggy was soaking wet, so must have sat out for a while!

Through customs, Charlotte spotted my Dad waiting for us and ran the whole length of arrivals to get to him. She chattered to him the whole way back to the car (which if you've been to T2 at Manchester airport lately you'll know is a long walk!)

And soon we were home. Sad to be home, but with more amazing Florida memories we will have forever.

Thank you for reading, and commenting if you have . They really do spur you on when you're writing these things!

Onto the next...

Edited at 11:42 AM.
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Loved your trip report!
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Inky View Post
Loved your trip report!
Thanks a lot! Xx
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

What a lovely trip report, thank you for sharing
Old 23 Feb 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
What a lovely trip report, thank you for sharing
Thanks for reading xx
Old 23 Feb 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubbalover
New Poster (3)

Mobile

Sounds like you had a awesome time! Making me very excited for when we take our nearly 3 year old next year. Enjoyed reading this, thank you!
Bubbalover is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bubbalover View Post
Sounds like you had a awesome time! Making me very excited for when we take our nearly 3 year old next year. Enjoyed reading this, thank you!
Amazing,you'll have such a good time . My mantra is naps and snacks we only ever came unstuck when there wasn't enough of this going on .
Thanks for reading x
Old 26 Feb 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

What a wonderful last morning (cranky lifeguard aside!). So great you got to spend some time chilling out by the pool, a perfect end to the trip! Art of Animation looks so brilliant too... definitely want to visit here for a look around in the future!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this report (I know what a labour of love they are!), it has been such a fantastic read!

I'm so excited for your upcoming trip and will be following along avidly of course... so lots of spam on IG please!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Have loved your report-thanks so much for taking the time. I know how little time you must have in general w a toddler so it’s an extra commitment.

The pool at the beach club looks soooo good. Would love to be lying there today!

The journey home sounds quite smooth. Good job you ate at the airport and that’s fantastic that Charlotte slept for so long. X
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for sharing tour trip with us, I've really enjoyed reading along. It sounds like you made the most of your last day, shame about the 9.58am "pool eviction " but at least you got to enjoy a last hot day.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List