Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Feb 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by grommitt View Post
It there any reason why you have started a second thread for the same issue?

https://DIBB.in/14287974

not getting the answers you want on the 1st thread i presume
because I hoped that different Dibbers would pick up on the 2nd thread and offer help if they had gone through similar experience trying to claim and hadnot read the previous post from the previous week. All I want is help not criticism but clearly Thedibb is not the place. All people do is criticise, have seen it on other threads, don't people have better things to do.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
I wondered why there were two threads, but the OP posted the other one almost two weeks ago.
Someone (strangely imo) bumped the other one by posting on it yesterday when this one was up.

OP - bet you wish you hadn’t bothered posting now 😕
Yes, will just use Thedibb now for travel info and not chat or ask for help.
Old 26 Feb 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aitchieaitchie View Post
because I hoped that different Dibbers would pick up on the 2nd thread and offer help if they had gone through similar experience trying to claim and hadnot read the previous post from the previous week. All I want is help not criticism but clearly Thedibb is not the place. All people do is criticise, have seen it on other threads, don't people have better things to do.
If you post on a public discussion forum, you are going to get a range of responses and opinions. Not always to your liking.

You are trying to put a claim in when in your own words it seems you were to blame.
False claims costs everyone else. Sorry, but that isnt right. But hey, that's the blame and claim culture we live in I guess.

Edited at 04:18 PM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Looks like a well maintained British road that.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post

I think that people are not trying to criticise you but those not involved can maybe see more objectively than you can see for yourself. And I am afraid that you do seem to be fault here, driving too fast and not looking where you are going. You mention "less than 20mph" earlier which I was gobsmacked at, as somebody living in the countryside, I would have been at a snails pace or stopped if trying to pass a horse box on a narrow unmarked road.

It is one tyre. You are wasting public funds / time in dealing with you, that can irk people. I would suggest you pay for your own tyre or claim on your insurance.

Sometimes help comes in a format that is different to telling you what you want to hear.

Edited at 04:51 PM.
Old 26 Feb 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Looks like a normal country road and IMHO the edges are clearly visible to they eye, so it does look like, if your tyre was shredded, you must have been driving at speed. I live 8km down a track, far worse than that road and in 6 years I’ve never shredded a tyre... I’m at a loss as to see how a tyre, a well maintained tyre, shreds by the driver simply pulling over !

Again, it’s not what you want to hear but it’s the nature of posting something on a forum. It’s not always what you want to hear
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
You are trying to put a claim in when in your own words it seems you were to blame.
False claims costs everyone else. Sorry, but that isnt right. But hey, that's the blame and claim culture we live in I guess.
As an aside in general :
Too right - when people realise putting in claims (on the off chance ) will get something sorted are in cloud cuckoo land . They don’t . All they do is cost money - say South Kesteven have a customer we service department (which they do) and advertised for clerks and LM (which they did as was in Grantham Journal recently ) costing say 100k a year - well when there are just 34k population meaning say 1/3 pay council tax in full (kids, single, OAP etc discount and benefit exempt ) then the bill has to fall somewhere and you can bet where it is !

By all means claim and email in when genuine but please don’t waste their time and my money

I would rather they cut the verges, empty the bins and put the street lighting on in the night (yes I pay council tax In that area as well as Central London)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

In other words you just want people to say what you want to hear, you don't want people to disagree with you. But the very nature of forums means that you will get a wide range of opinions, some of which won't be to your liking. It's the nature of the beast.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
grommitt
Excited about Disney

I do have exsperiance of this but from the other side,as in having to deal with people who make these claims.
you made a decision to drive off the road onto the verge and now you think the council are to blame.
people like you cost other people money through their actions even if you try to make a claim from your own insurance and you are succesful (which i doubt) that claim costs someone time and money.

You say "don't people have better things to". I suggest you head your own words and stop wasting the councils time for your actions.
grommitt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
As an aside in general :
Too right - when people realise putting in claims (on the off chance ) will get something sorted are in cloud cuckoo land . They don’t . All they do is cost money - say South Kesteven have a customer we service department (which they do) and advertised for clerks and LM (which they did as was in Grantham Journal recently ) costing say 100k a year - well when there are just 34k population meaning say 1/3 pay council tax in full (kids, single, OAP etc discount and benefit exempt ) then the bill has to fall somewhere and you can bet where it is !

By all means claim and email in when genuine but please don’t waste their time and my money

I would rather they cut the verges, empty the bins and put the street lighting on in the night (yes I pay council tax In that area as well as Central London)
Before you go on at me and quote incorrect things, get your facts right. My claim is with Lincs CC not SKDC. Lincs CC do not empty bins or cut the verges, this is SKDC. Lincs CC are responsible for roads and lighting. I used to work for SKDC, a clerk and line manager don't cost £100k. As a "clerk" as you call it (which I was and pay was under £17k full time, I worked part time. Line Manager no more than £28k. Service manager more like £40k.

I have paid my council tax to skdc in full for 25 years, this includes unpaid time off for maternity leave and sick leave with breast cancer which was unpaid in the majority. No this doesn't give me the right to make a claim but Lincs CC provide the information to make a claim and actively encourage you to report problems. I now work for Lincs County Council who are responsible for the roads. They pay annual insurance to cover both minor and major claims. The letter they sent me tried to put me off even trying to make a claim by saying " majority of claims brought against Lincs CC are successfully defended". That to me is a threat to say don't bother, we win.

All I wanted was information or help.

Edited at 08:43 PM.
Closed Thread