Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Feb 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
joxxxxx
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

TBH the romantic presents I would like are not in the budget (a trip on the Orient Express, a stay at the Burgh Island Hotel etc) so for my birthday this year in a bid to help reduce single use plastic I’m asking for a soda stream as I like fizzy water.
joxxxxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

A friend of mine wife asked him that for her birthday last Summer she wanted something for the garden (think was was wanting a hammock etc) and he got her a shovel and a pair of Wellington boots !
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

My hubby is not really romantic anymore. He used to be years ago. But I’ve had a few “presents” waiting for me when I come home. One was a set of bowls. Some special pan lid hooks.
For Christmas I got a toasty maker and a magnetic white board. I love the whiteboard- that was a very good present for me. The toasty maker was also excellent as I had said I wanted one a few months back and he had remembered which is good.
Few years back it was a new kettle the iPhone one that he had asked me about and I had said was stupid. He bought it anyway. And a dash cam which I didn’t really want but aww well.

I’m very poorly today and he had gone to Asda last night on his night shift. We woke up and the kids had gotten an Easter egg they were so excited easily pleased.
I went to get a shower and he had bought me a mickey and Minnie nightie knowing I was looking for one. I cried.
I am very emotional right now and just something so simple as that made me feel loved.
We don’t really do presents,birthday or valentines but it’s nice to know he still thinks sometimes about what I might like.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Mobile

Some cordless headphones. That HE wanted. X
Old 26 Feb 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

My DH got me a new iron for Christmas once, apparently I had moaned the old one wasn't very good!

Oh and one year I wanted a big fluffy jumper to wear in the evenings - I showed him a few on next, he used the next account to order it from straight away, when it came he opened it to check it then put gaffa tape to seal it back up... that's how it was given to me on Christmas day! Oh and I pay the next bill!
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
arl71
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

My best friend's husband is notoriously bad for presents. It was coming up to her 49th birthday and she was feeling a little "sensitive" about it shall we say. He told her he'd bought her a present and had done loads of research. She got all excited about it, the big day came and it was... an electric blanket! Top of the range but stilll an electric blanket. Not what she was dreaming of. Ever since then he has consulted with me about what gift to buy
arl71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

I bought my husband a home composter for his birthday one year! Not any run of the mill one either - a hot one that takes anything. Tbf he did ask for it!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

My Dad bought my Mum over the years a vacuum cleaner, a pressure cooker ( she can’t cook at all) a grass cutter and a hedge trimmer.. thing is she used to nag him all the time to get the garden tidy and rarely managed to get him off his backside to do much. These days Dad is in very poor health and needs constant assistance. They have adopted a few dogs over the last 20 years as Mum finds walking the dogs very therapeutic and helps her to meet people and give her some company so he’s done well that way.
My DH has gifted me many useful items over the years he is very attentive to the thinks I like so I can’t complain. He always seems to have everything he wants so he’s harder to buy a gift for so I’ll make sure he’s all set for our vacation coming up soon. I hope the plans that we are making come to fruition.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
TheRobsters
Getting Excited

My husband once bought me a dyson hoover as a birthday present some 20 odd years ago... to this day he still thinks it’s hilarious, needless to say I didn’t.
TheRobsters is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

DH gave me a set of steak knives as part of my first Christmas pressie. They are still going after 25 years.
Apparently they were free as he had purchased so much in a department store.
I also got a copy of Delia Smith's Complete Cookery Course. I still have it but I can't cook
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List