Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Oct 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Christmas Day

Hi

We will be in Orlando again for Christmas but not doing Disney (we were in POFQ this summer and only upgraded our Universal tickets to annual passes for this trip). Having spent 2 weeks at Christmas at Disney in 2017 we are looking for restaurants that will be open on Christmas Day but not in the parks. We are happy to drive and it does not have to be a Disney Hotel Restaurant. I would appreciate any actual reviews of offsite restaurants that you would recommend. Thank you in advance!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Only offsite/non-hotel ones I can find are at Disney Springs and City Walk. We've booked T-Rex for Christmas Day
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I’ve been to Shulas at the Dolphin and to Sanaa at AKL on Christmas Day, both were amazing! Offsite completely it’s a bit hit and miss because restaurants don’t generally take reservations and lots close so their staff can spend it with their families.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

We are going to brunch at The Ale & Compass
Jaspercat10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by lme30005 View Post
Only offsite/non-hotel ones I can find are at Disney Springs and City Walk. We've booked T-Rex for Christmas Day
Thank you. Yes, Disney Springs would have some great eateries, we have enjoyed Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom, so I would imagine that T-Rex is similar. I will look to see the menu choices Cheers
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
I’ve been to Shulas at the Dolphin and to Sanaa at AKL on Christmas Day, both were amazing! Offsite completely it’s a bit hit and miss because restaurants don’t generally take reservations and lots close so their staff can spend it with their families.
Thank you Shulas sounds like a great option. We completely understand about Restaurants being closed for Christmas Day, to be honest I would be happy with snacks by the pool however the rest of the family are looking for something a bit more fancy cheers
Old 20 Oct 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
We are going to brunch at The Ale & Compass
Thank you So is that at the Beach Club? We have been to the Cruise Cup Lounge but I’m not sure where the Ale and Compass is? Honestly, I’m open to all suggestions! thank you
Old 20 Oct 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

When we went for Christmas we got a turkey from Wal-Mart and did a buffet alongside it. We preordered a huge basket of pastries for breakfast from Perkins that we picked up on Christmas Eve. We put the turkey in first thing (it had a little timer that popped up when it was ready!) then went to Celebration so the kids could have a run in the fountains and we got ice creams from Kilwins. We went back to the villa and had a chilled afternoon!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
When we went for Christmas we got a turkey from Wal-Mart and did a buffet alongside it. We preordered a huge basket of pastries for breakfast from Perkins that we picked up on Christmas Eve. We put the turkey in first thing (it had a little timer that popped up when it was ready!) then went to Celebration so the kids could have a run in the fountains and we got ice creams from Kilwins. We went back to the villa and had a chilled afternoon!
Thank you That sounds perfect to me! Pastries, Turkey and Kilwins thank you, I know that Kilwins will definitely be on our list!
Old 20 Oct 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We went to the wave at the contemporary, I wouldn’t reccomend it. The food was good but the set up was chaotic as was the service. I’d go back but not when they are doing their special Christmas thing.

We had had the Grand Floridian Cafe booked which we’ve always enjoyed. You’d be able to watch the fireworks from the boat deck after.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List