Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Feb 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

What are your biggest lifetime achievements ?

As the title says really !
What things have you done that were real one off wow moments in your life ?
Things that you achieved through a dedication ?
Things that you did just the once that you are really proud of ?
Even little things that have made you think ‘ yeah that’s happened because of me ‘

So mine , in no particular order would be

- Done a parachute jump
- Won the Bury table tennis championships three times in a row and been part of school and university National TT championships
- Won over £30,000 on fantasy football competitions
- Cleared the table , 10 reds, 10 colours , then yellow to black on a six foot snooker table as a kid
- ‘ Delboyed’ my way to enough clubcard points to get pretty well free holidays to Florida , France twice and many uk breaks / hotels etc
- Become a qualified Chartered Accountant
- Created my photobook / storybook of our 2014 USA trip as my one an only attempt at a photobook
- Visited about 80 different grounds watching Bury FC ( please let there be more to come )
- Brought up two children who mean the world to me and each other
- Made our family unit financially stable so we should be able to fulfil our buckets full of dreams

So that’s a nice round 10 on the list
Probably others I would put in and take out , but that will do for me for now

What are yours ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
  • Nursing Degree aged 35
  • Bringing up two daughters who contribute to society in a positive way
  • Recovering from a traumatic childhood with no hate
  • Learning to speak Spanish in my 50s
  • Moving to another country to experience a different way of life

that's about it really.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Only my two amazingly smart,funny and beautiful girls.
At one point they were just a pipe dream and we never actually thought they would be real.
They are my everything and nothing else compares.
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mine is doing an Open University Degree in my 40s whilst doing a demanding full time job and being seriously ill for several months during my final year. It took me several years but it was worth it. That's it! I had a rough childhood but so many people do so I haven't included that.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My children, nothing else comes close.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Only my two amazingly smart, funny and beautiful girls.
At one point they were just a pipe dream and we never actually thought they would be real.
They are my everything and nothing else compares.
So true, what else can compare.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Finding my sole mate

Disney332
Old 25 Feb 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

My biggest achievements all centre around the same thing, qualifying as an Advocate (Solicitor/Barrister hybrid) when I was 29.

I did the Graduate Diploma in Law by distance learning whilst working full time. Then I had 2 part time jobs and commuted to/from Manchester twice a week during the Legal Practice Course - that was a tough year, but miraculously our mortgage and bills managed to get paid! Then I passed the Bar exams first time, 9 weeks into my 2-year training (still no one has done them faster), and at the end of the 2 years I was finally called to the Bar.

I know there is a perception that lawyers are all “bloodsucking, backstabbing scumbags” (per Erin Brockovich, but I genuinely feel proud of what I do everyday (or at least most days). I’m outwardly confident but don’t have much self confidence, so it’s always a pleasant surprise when I get a good result or good feedback, be it from judges, clients etc.

Away from work, I ran a half marathon last year, which I never imagined being able to do. I’m entered for a marathon this year but I’m not sure I’ll be able to do it, as being investigated for heart/lung issues, but watch this space.
Old 25 Feb 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

My 4 children who have all turned out to be lovely adults even though they’ve all had their share of rotten luck in one way or another.
Old 25 Feb 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
pvbmb01
Imagineer

pvbmb01's Reviews
Mobile

After 13 years of trying and losing 8 stone, I was successful with my first IVF attempt and now I have a beautiful 6 year old to show for it (and about 8 stone put back on! ) ... but he is my greatest achievement and the one thing I will always be proud of xx