Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 19 Mar 20, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
rhino
Excited about Disney

Thank you.
rhino is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Do you have a VH shop near by you could go to?
Old 19 Mar 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
rhino
Excited about Disney

No sorry
rhino is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
nicola-disney15
Excited about Disney

We have car hire only booked with VH for 11th April, we've been in contact with them via text to cancel it and they are refusing. Saying we have to contact our insurance.

Can't believe they are doing this, especially as they are still advertising free cancellation for car hire bookings on their website.

Its disgusting!

Surely if we cancel it, they won't be charged by Alamo for our booking so its not even like they are loosing anything, they will actually profiting from it if they don't refund us.

Edited at 01:18 PM.
nicola-disney15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by nicola-disney15 View Post
Surely if we cancel it, they won't be charged by Alamo for our booking so its not even like they are loosing anything, they will actually profiting from it if they don't refund us.
Thats correct.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
cherryred72
Proud to wear my Ears

OK. I booked hire car via Virgin Atlantic. Obviously this meant the booking was actually via Virgin Holidays.

The booking via Virgin with Alamo.

I contacted VH using WhatsApp on Tuesday following advice on this thread. After two messages I got what looked like a standard response saying that they would get to my enquiry eventually.

Today I send them another message saying ‘I’m just checking that you haven’t forgotten about me’.

Got a message straight back asking to confirm some personal details. Within 1 min I got a message back saying that I had received a full refund and it would be received within 14 days.

It was a standard ‘car hire’ booking via the VA website. Hope this helps someone.
cherryred72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
slave1
Apprentice Imagineer

slave1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Just went to cancel my Car Hire booking online and the facility has been removed and you are redirected to fill out a form for holiday amendment only, if you do not amend car hire dates then the form is not submitted...
I also tried their WhatApp service these past two week but just getting automated replies.
Think I'll go Cr Card chargeback route
Easter 2011 [month in Linfields], August 2012 [month in Linfields], July 2013 [month in Linfields], July 2014 [5 weeks in Linfields], July 2015 [3 weeks in Linfields], June 2016 [3 weeks in Linfields]. Aug 2017 [3 weeks in Cagan's Crossing], October 2019 [2 weeks in Linfields], July/Aug 2020 17days Miami/Key West/Bonita/Orlando
slave1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Antsp
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by slave1 View Post
Just went to cancel my Car Hire booking online and the facility has been removed and you are redirected to fill out a form for holiday amendment only, if you do not amend car hire dates then the form is not submitted...
I also tried their WhatApp service these past two week but just getting automated replies.
Think I'll go Cr Card chargeback route
I’ve just had a refund via my credit card, at least contact them and register the chargeback request, screenshot everything
Antsp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

See my other posts, after failing to get a refund on car hire I cancelled (even though they’ve paid nothing to Alamo yet), I went the chargeback route and money now refunded.
I think I’ll be using Andy in here from now on.
Old 1 May 22, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
StuieUK
Getting to know the DIBB

Hey guys, sorry to revive an old thread.
From tomorrow, i will be in the process of doing a Car Hire Only booking with VH , cancellation...
I'll post how i get on, but as it stands, from following the website and seeing in big letters (no cancellation fee's), i made a booking for Friday 6th...

Logged in to cancel the booking now, and there is option to cancel, just a table saying your liable for 100% of the cost (lol!)...
So only option is a telephone number...
I'll try that tomorrow, and if that fails, i will goto the Virgin Holidays store in Cheltenham on Tuesday after work to see if i get anywhere with that.

For now, i will email all the Virgin email accounts i can find indicating the free cancellation, and my note to say i want to cancel, with the several emails i send to different accounts, of which i would use as evidence if i need to go down the Section 75 route... (date of sending)...
StuieUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List