Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 May 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Nemesis
Gone all Goofy

Festival of Fancy Dining Parade @ Tony's

Has anyone done this package please? Lunch at Tony's in MK with VIP reserved viewing for the parade.
Would be interested to hear what the food is like please and also what the viewing is like too? Thanks
Nemesis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Has anyone done this package please? Lunch at Tony's in MK with VIP reserved viewing for the parade.
Would be interested to hear what the food is like please and also what the viewing is like too? Thanks
Food isn’t that good in all honesty - was better 3 years ago than it was last December (I had steak in 2016 that had been removed). There is lots of it though!

The viewing for the parade is good though - you stand (or sit if very lucky) in front of the garden area in the middle which the parade goes around. It is right at the end of the route so bear in mind you will still likely have a wait. The parade does come down Main Street towards you which is good. What isn’t so good is once they take your tickets (a few mins before the parade is due) they take away the rope and effectively anyone can then come stand in the area as well. We fell foul of this as we were resting against the railings and then suddenly a family “appeared” from nowhere in front of us. Clearly they had been waiting for the CMs to take tickets and remove the rope and ticket check. Very annoying but won’t fall for that again!
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Seminole00
New Poster (5)

We’ve done this twice. The food is good, not great, but perfectly fine. I don’t think we would eat there though if it didn’t have the parade viewing add on part.

The parade viewing is fantastic, their is just so much space. You can move around watching it come down Main Street and then right past you and luckily we didn’t suffer from others coming into the space as they were swiftly moved on by cast members.

If it’s available next time we go we’ll definitely do it again as long as we’re on the dining plan.
Seminole00 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post

We had it booked last year and I reviewed it below.

I think the food that I managed to eat was quite nice, but we were extremely unhappy about being rushed. The usual story of mains arriving halfway through appetisers, not just once but twice after sending them away the first time.

They didn’t even give us our tickets to the show but we were so annoyed we didn’t bother asking.

Tony’s
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Agreed about rushing - when we got in there were people already leaving to go snag the best spots in the reserved place.

It is tolerable for the parade spot but make sure to stand your ground and don’t assume the area will stay “roped off” because it won’t be once the parade starts coming down Main Street.

It is way better than battling the throngs down Main Street though! Way, way better and a good value choice for the DP. Would I pay for it? Nope.

Edited at 06:08 PM.
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Nemesis
Gone all Goofy

Thanks all
Nemesis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm surprised by reports they let people into the area, we have done this twice and didn't have this happen either time. We eat at 1ish and have never felt rushed as a result, infact if anything we lingered over our meals pottered round the shops and then took up a space in the viewing area. View superb right front and centre. The food is OK, not amazing but not horrid and lots of it! We were all stuffed.
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
nicklet
Trying for More Ears

We have done this 4 times and think the food is ok but the parade spot is great. Although they do remove the rope just before the parade comes to enhance your viewing there as ALWAYS been cast members there to stop other guests entering the area.
nicklet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
outofdate
Excited about Disney

outofdate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We thought it was great and will definitely do it again. We thought the food was quite good and the service was excellent. Not rushed at all. We wandered out and managed to get a seat in the shade whilst waiting for the parade to come our way. We could see up main street, but sitting slightly off to the side, toward Tony’s. It was much a more pleasant experience than any other place I have waited! Nobody came in front of us so we managed to sit in our shady spot whilst the parade went past too. Would definitely recommend!
Old 21 May 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Jamie99
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We did this last year and booked again this year. Maybe it’s because we are not as fussy or maybe because we were craving Italian but my family all really enjoyed the food and loved the lady and the tramp theming. Cast members do try to keep those without tickets off the reserved area but we saw 2 people sneak on. It was late August and one thing I would say was tough was the heat, no shade on that spot and both my girls had been to bibiddi so were in princess dresses which didn’t help. Another tip, if you do it then pop straight across back to the town hall after to see Mickey or tinker bell as the crowds usually build up quick but you are in a prime spot to be one of the first in line as the wait time goes right down during the parade then quickly climbs back up once the parade has finished.