Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 4 May 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Just spent 2 hours speaking to AMEX and uploading docs for both this and my Virgin Car Hire they are now ignoring me on.
After a bit of research it is apparent if they cancel your flight (as they have) you can claim a full refund under EC Reg 261/2004. I do not have to accept new flights to Brussels and frankly they lost my custom with telling me to effectively get stuffed last time.
Old 12 May 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Some of you may have seen my updates elsehwhere.

I got 4k back yesterday in Virgin car hire and Air Canada.

Strangely Virgin car hire sent me emails today saying nil paid on the car hire- yep because I cancelled it you dorks- you got the message.

Just decided to cancel off my Grand Cali and Copper Creek summer reservations. I had borrowed points across 3 reservations including my SSR one at Xmas. Took ages to cancel it off, return borrowed, and then rebook SSR. An hour in total but all done now. I did not wish to risk getting caught by any reversal in the policy to return borrowed points and obviously with the flight chargeback that holiday is done now. Just another $4k in cost to get back on things now hopefully on that.

Regarding Xmas, Mrs YT wants Boardwalk. It looks as though it will be available from 17th anyway (not going exactly 7 months out) in 1 beds, but booked it up for 7 nights from tonight and will walk it to the 17th over the next 5 days with 2 amendments. So I cancelled that SSR reservation and booked it myself online- much easier than calling. One day I will get back to SSR but would prefer to go when guaranteed a refurb, preferably in standard view.

Just hope it comes off- Boardwalk and Indian Shores would be a real treat at Xmas now!

Edited at 07:18 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Just got a 1 bed standard view at Boardwalk for my dates- the beauty of the 1 bed availability, it is one of the most in demand bookings at the best of times. Plenty of availability actually for my dates 17-23 December, could have had Beach Club, Saratoga, BRV, RIV, AKL, OKW etc, even I could have got Copper Creek for all but 1 day. Could have done a 3 day at BLT, and VGF.
Booked it from 16-23rd and will amend to knock the 16th off in due course. 144 points for 6 nights in a 1 bed, so around $936 in dues cost- you cannot grumble at that value, around £125 a night. I love those Boardwalk standard view rooms. Cash 1 beds here usually come in about $700 a night.
I think the trip is only 50/50 but we need some hope!

Edited at 01:25 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
yozza1977
Getting Excited

Good work. I was considering swapping my August trip to December to se up 200+ banked Feb 2019 points, and had seen decent availability in BWV. Just can't get my head around how things will be back to normal with international travel yet.
yozza1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by yozza1977 View Post
Good work. I was considering swapping my August trip to December to se up 200+ banked Feb 2019 points, and had seen decent availability in BWV. Just can't get my head around how things will be back to normal with international travel yet.
Neither can I to be honest, I’m 50/50 but already had these flights pre Covid.

Keep saying my confident target date to return is actually Xmas 2021 and I still believe that, although think there’s a chance for next summer, but no way will I book flights until nearer the time.

I’d have to Bank these Boardwalk points by September if they don’t relax the rules, so I’m thinking if in say October I realise I can’t go, I’d hopefully rent the booking to an American. If I could do that I’d make a tidy profit towards next year’s dues.
Old 18 May 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Just got a 1 bed standard view at Boardwalk for my dates- the beauty of the 1 bed availability, it is one of the most in demand bookings at the best of times. Plenty of availability actually for my dates 17-23 December, could have had Beach Club, Saratoga, BRV, RIV, AKL, OKW etc, even I could have got Copper Creek for all but 1 day. Could have done a 3 day at BLT, and VGF.
Booked it from 16-23rd and will amend to knock the 16th off in due course. 144 points for 6 nights in a 1 bed, so around $936 in dues cost- you cannot grumble at that value, around £125 a night. I love those Boardwalk standard view rooms. Cash 1 beds here usually come in about $700 a night.
I think the trip is only 50/50 but we need some hope!
That's great. Will be a fabulous holiday if it does go ahead. I've only ever been once around Christmas time and it was just amazing. Hopefully it'll be back to some kind of near normalcy by then.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

I'm having a nightmare with Air Canada now too. Gosh they are awful. I have contacted my bank to put in a charge back against them. We were supposed to be direct Dublin-Vancouver but they have suspended the route entirely this season and redirected us through Toronto on a flight that may not be going either (currently suspended until June 23). They are totally refusing a refund and will only offer a voucher. I'm so put off with their behaviour that I don't even want to fly with them now.

Fingers crossed it's settled in my favour.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
I'm having a nightmare with Air Canada now too. Gosh they are awful. I have contacted my bank to put in a charge back against them. We were supposed to be direct Dublin-Vancouver but they have suspended the route entirely this season and redirected us through Toronto on a flight that may not be going either (currently suspended until June 23). They are totally refusing a refund and will only offer a voucher. I'm so put off with their behaviour that I don't even want to fly with them now.

Fingers crossed it's settled in my favour.
Sorry to hear this- another Air Canada victim. They are really a dreadful outfit.

They moved my flights again the other day. Coming back they expect me to travel Orlando to Vancouver to Montreal to Belgium then Manchester. How’s that for a flight!

Fortunately I already did a charge back against these idiots.
Old 23 May 20, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Sorry to hear this- another Air Canada victim. They are really a dreadful outfit.

They moved my flights again the other day. Coming back they expect me to travel Orlando to Vancouver to Montreal to Belgium then Manchester. How’s that for a flight!

Fortunately I already did a charge back against these idiots.
Was the charge back successful? That;'s a shocking itinerary they have given you. I'm so turned off them after the way they've communicated. Very passive aggressive, when I mentio EC261 they are ''sorry I feel they way'' and they are ''disappointed that you do not appreciate our goodwill gesture of a voucher'' They are being penny wise and pound foolish because if they had refunded I would have booked with them again and probably business class too with what we'll save on this year's holiday but now I wouldn't go near them and will give my business to someone else.

I'm hoping a charge back will be successful as EC261 looks fairly black and white to me.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
Was the charge back successful? That;'s a shocking itinerary they have given you. I'm so turned off them after the way they've communicated. Very passive aggressive, when I mentio EC261 they are ''sorry I feel they way'' and they are ''disappointed that you do not appreciate our goodwill gesture of a voucher'' They are being penny wise and pound foolish because if they had refunded I would have booked with them again and probably business class too with what we'll save on this year's holiday but now I wouldn't go near them and will give my business to someone else.

I'm hoping a charge back will be successful as EC261 looks fairly black and white to me.
Passive aggressive is exactly how I described them as well to someone- awful isn’t it. They even claimed to me someone had tried suing them in Canada and failed (which I actually have not found a report of) - fools don’t seem to realise I don’t give a stuff what Canada law says anyway!

Yes my chargeback was successful.

A company to certainly avoid in future at all costs.

Even Air France has capitulated on refunds now.

Seems they feel emboldened by the Canadian government- despite class action lawsuits flying in. Fortunately what the Canadian government say has no impact on us.

Edited at 07:58 PM.