Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Disney USA stops selling WDW tickets

It would seem that Disney's American website has stopped selling tickets for the theme parks for the time being. Instead, there's a COVID-19 page on their website about their plans when they reopen. Included on this page is some information about tickets:

"At this time, we are temporarily pausing new ticket sales so we can focus on Guests with existing tickets. Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold; we'll be reaching out to these Guests soon to provide additional details".

The UK Disney website appears to be unaffected.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

I wish they would do it for everyone so that they can asses it properly
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by darsch1982 View Post
I wish they would do it for everyone so that they can asses it properly
I kind of understand why they're doing it, but it's a bit difficult to "assess". There will be many people who have open-ended tickets, including most Brits. They won't know when those people are due to visit, unless they have onsite stays.

Not selling any more tickets should help reduce the numbers of visitors though.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I kind of understand why they're doing it, but it's a bit difficult to "assess". There will be many people who have open-ended tickets, including most Brits. They won't know when those people are due to visit, unless they have onsite stays.

Not selling any more tickets should help reduce the numbers of visitors though.
The problem is they are still selling them in uk
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Yes.

I suppose Disney don't see this as much of a problem because UK visitors make up only a tiny proportion of guests - usually only around 2%. Whereas American guests make up 90% of visitors, so they need to limit them first. Plus, for the foreseeable future, UK guests aren't allowed to enter the USA. So both of these things mean that allowing us Brits to buy tickets won't make any difference to crowd numbers for the next couple of months (and perhaps beyond, though that's a guess).

Also, the thing with UK tickets is that there's no way to know when those tickets will be used. They are not date specific. You can buy them now and use them in August or in December and Disney wouldn't know beforehand. So they can't use those to assess numbers. Whereas American tickets are booked for a certain date (unless it's the very expensive "flexible" tickets).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 29 May 20, 06:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’m guessing our deposit only tickets through Orlando Attractions don’t count as existing tickets until they are fully paid for, so guess we won’t be able to make any park “reservations” unless I fork out another £1100 odd. As the sum total of our deposits is only £430 and £300 of that is with BA which I suspect at the worst is recoverable through a voucher, I’m not that keen to put more money at risk. Still we aren’t due there til October so I guess we have a little bit of time to see how things play out.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

that is no problem at all

we cannot enter the US and we'll most probably won't be able to, for a fair number of weeks (maybe months) ... so, we won't be able to use those tickets during the period when they don't sell to US guests.

It would be a problem if we were allowed to actually use those tickets ... but we aren't.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss AliJS
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
I’m guessing our deposit only tickets through Orlando Attractions don’t count as existing tickets until they are fully paid for, so guess we won’t be able to make any park “reservations” unless I fork out another £1100 odd. As the sum total of our deposits is only £430 and £300 of that is with BA which I suspect at the worst is recoverable through a voucher, I’m not that keen to put more money at risk. Still we aren’t due there til October so I guess we have a little bit of time to see how things play out.
We have just spoken to Orlando Attraction Tickets who have said that the tickets we have deposits on are secured for this year
OCT 2018- Emerald Island/HRH
OCT 2019- Back to Windsor Hills/Portofino Bay
OCT 2020 and 2021- Not to be
APRIL 2022- New York
JUNE 2022- Rosen Inn LBV/RPR
APRIL 2023- Emerald Island/Endless Summer
OCT 2024- Emerald Island/RPR
Miss AliJS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List