Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 May 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MamaG
Getting Excited

We have booked a week at the Hard Rock in December this year. We had to cancel our July trip so thought a cheeky week at Universal with some Christmas shopping would be a good idea. xx
1993 Park Inn International, 1997 Villa 1998 Indian Ridge Oaks. 2015 Windsor Hills, 2016 Disney's Old Key West, Hard Rock Hotel. 2018 Hard Rock Hotel, Disney's Old Key West. July 2020 -December 2020 - July 2021 Cancelled by Covid! Feb 2022 Rosen Inn July 2022 Hard Rock Hotel, Cabana Bay, Disney Dolphin, Emerald Island
MamaG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We did a week in feb and after previously going for a month we wondered if it would feel too rushed! However we had a great time- only did universal and as we’ve been previously we didn’t feel the need to rush it x
Old 30 May 20, 03:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by LostPrincess View Post
Thanks for everyone's responses! We're left with 2 options now. We will either:
1. Plan to go to Orlando for our original 17 nights in September but without Disney (subject to the situation, of course). Get Seaworld and Busch in there too, it would be a very relaxing holiday.
OR
2. Do just 1 week in Universal at some point in 2021 (as early as possible). Staying on site at Universal sounds great but for budget reasons we may be more likely to get a cheap Rosen Inn type place on I Drive and uber (or walk!) in

And Disney will come in May 2022. That will make it 5 years without Disney for me but when I go back I really want to do it properly! Although I'm not sure we'll ever be staying on site again.

Time will tell!
Have a look at the Endless Summer resorts at Universal. They are "on-site" so you get the benefits of early entry, free quick transportation to the parks etc. But are technically "off-site" just down the road so you can easily walk to cheaper restaurants along I-drive rather than sticking to options at CityWalk or the parks. Best of both worlds really and they are a bargain compared to the value resorts at Disney. It came out not that much more expensive than the cheap Rosen Inn's etc. When we were pricing up our November trip.
Old 30 May 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ben1993 View Post
Have a look at the Endless Summer resorts at Universal. They are "on-site" so you get the benefits of early entry, free quick transportation to the parks etc. But are technically "off-site" just down the road so you can easily walk to cheaper restaurants along I-drive rather than sticking to options at CityWalk or the parks. Best of both worlds really and they are a bargain compared to the value resorts at Disney. It came out not that much more expensive than the cheap Rosen Inn's etc. When we were pricing up our November trip.
Thank you, we are currently booked at Endless Summer for part of our September trip which obviously won't happen in it's original form now. It was coming out about a third more expensive than a few 8/10 rated cheap hotels with free breakfasts so I think it's a no brainer to stay elsewhere for our purposes this time!
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
borntoshop
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ben1993 View Post
We stayed at endless summer in Feb and would stay there again.
Nov/Dec 03-Orlando Villa/DLP Sept 04-Greece Nov/Dec 05-Orlando Villa 2007-New Hampshire ski-ing Orlando BWL & Villa 25 Dec 08 Florida New York 2010 New Hampshire 2011 New Hampshire 2012 Florida 2013 North Conway Christmas 2014
borntoshop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 View Post
We did it in May 2018 after finding a great deal with Thomas Cook staying in Bahama Bay Resort, to me it was totally worth it and wouldn’t hesitate to do it again for a good price, I loved just being able to concentrate on universal for a whole week and we went to Disney Springs a couple of times for a Disney fix😀
We are staying at Bahama Bay this year if we can still go. Obviously lots can change as we are still some way out. How did you find the journey from BB Universal. Would happily switch our focus to Universal instead of Disney but if I’d been planning that would probably have chosen to stay a bit closer.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Espman1
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by LostPrincess View Post
Thanks for everyone's responses! We're left with 2 options now. We will either:
1. Plan to go to Orlando for our original 17 nights in September but without Disney (subject to the situation, of course). Get Seaworld and Busch in there too, it would be a very relaxing holiday.
OR
2. Do just 1 week in Universal at some point in 2021 (as early as possible). Staying on site at Universal sounds great but for budget reasons we may be more likely to get a cheap Rosen Inn type place on I Drive and uber (or walk!) in

And Disney will come in May 2022. That will make it 5 years without Disney for me but when I go back I really want to do it properly! Although I'm not sure we'll ever be staying on site again.

Time will tell!

I'm thinking the same thing we are due to go 17th september for 16 nights.
We currently have deposit paid for disney tickets but this is due 23rd July I'm not sure we'll know enough about the parks by then to make a decision as to pay for them and use them or just lose the £10 deposit on them.

At the moment I'm thinking of all options.
First option is leave it as is, and hope for the best. (All though this is my partners first time and I don't want it to be bad for her)
Or secondly cancel disney portion and do Universal, Sea world, Busch gardens, and maybe add discovery cove as I haven't done that for almost 14 years!
And also hope that HHN goes ahead in some way shape or form.
Espman1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List