Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 30 May 20, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
lindaj
Imagineer

I think the reason they have cancelled the dining plans is because of the new rules with regards to restaurants. They have to cut down the numbers who can enter by removing quite a few of the tables and there will be queues for quick service, with the usual 2 meters apart etc so their capacity is going to be a lot less, so rather than have people go with the dining plans, free or paid for, trying to claim and complaining at the time that they can't get in to have meals Disney have preempted this problem by cancelling all the dining plans. Unfortunately I don't think anyone will be able to claim anything because it is really out of Disney's control.
Old 30 May 20, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by lindaj View Post
I think the reason they have cancelled the dining plans is because of the new rules with regards to restaurants. They have to cut down the numbers who can enter by removing quite a few of the tables and there will be queues for quick service, with the usual 2 meters apart etc so their capacity is going to be a lot less, so rather than have people go with the dining plans, free or paid for, trying to claim and complaining at the time that they can't get in to have meals Disney have preempted this problem by cancelling all the dining plans. Unfortunately I don't think anyone will be able to claim anything because it is really out of Disney's control.
I agree.
Can’t claim anything off Disney. Their fine print says they reserve the right to cancel, limit, or amend anything they want at any time for any reason. When you buy a ticket or reserve a room, you’re agreeing to that.
They are a good company with a good reputation. I’m sure they’ll try to offer some kind of compensation as a courtesy.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thinking back to all the issues over the years with Disney they’ve always come good in the end. Removing free dining is huge so I can’t imagine they’ll do nothing. We had booked AKL when the pool was being refurbished and everyone (eventually) got offered a move. We ended up at Boardwalk which is significantly more expensive. There’s no way Disney will just shrug and say “it’s in our terms”.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Disney’s T&Cs do suggest that if they can’t meet any element of a package that they’ll compensate however they also have this line “ We accept responsibility for providing all the elements of the advertised Package subject always to any Unavoidable and Extraordinary Circumstance). I suppose they could say a global pandemic qualifies.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
TBH 35% doesn't really cut it, on our week's stay that is about £200 short plus the $300 GC, but all that being said at this stage we'd be happy just to be able to move our deposit into next year!
Lisa they may have "sorted it" by the time that you got your move from AKL but they initially weren't quick off the mark on the SSR oversell & tried to get us to accept POFQ as some sort of "upgrade"! Of course got a move to AKL & then got the email about the pool!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
TBH 35% doesn't really cut it, on our week's stay that is about £200 short plus the $300 GC, but all that being said at this stage we'd be happy just to be able to move our deposit into next year!
Lisa they may have "sorted it" by the time that you got your move from AKL but they initially weren't quick off the mark on the SSR oversell & tried to get us to accept POFQ as some sort of "upgrade"! Of course got a move to AKL & then got the email about the pool!
SD
Oh I agree which is why I added “eventually”. But they did come good in the end and removing free dining is so much bigger. I’d be over the moon if compensation was Boardwalk again!

Trip Report Index
Old 30 May 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’m sure they will offer something but be careful about any CC claim as the holiday is still there - it’s just an element that’s not (and it was a freebie).

I know it’s not much but VH offered “free WiFi exclusive to VH guests” at a Marriott in Anaheim we booked. Marriott then announced “free wifi in all their North American hotels”.

I wrote to VH to ask what would replace it - we had paid more to go with them as the WiFi was critical as we had ill family at the time and it was going to save upwards of £200 on a 14 night holiday.

They offer me squat - nothing, nada. Even the “sorry” was a cut and paste job.
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Adultdisneyfan View Post
I’m sure they will offer something but be careful about any CC claim as the holiday is still there - it’s just an element that’s not (and it was a freebie).

I know it’s not much but VH offered “free WiFi exclusive to VH guests” at a Marriott in Anaheim we booked. Marriott then announced “free wifi in all their North American hotels”.

I wrote to VH to ask what would replace it - we had paid more to go with them as the WiFi was critical as we had ill family at the time and it was going to save upwards of £200 on a 14 night holiday.

They offer me squat - nothing, nada. Even the “sorry” was a cut and paste job.
That was different, you were still getting what you booked. Free dining is worth over £1000 to most UK guests and is a big incentive to stay onsite. To remove it with no compensation would be a massive issue and affect bookings in the future for those of us who would likely lose faith in Disney.

Trip Report Index
Old 30 May 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
That was different, you were still getting what you booked. Free dining is worth over £1000 to most UK guests and is a big incentive to stay onsite. To remove it with no compensation would be a massive issue and affect bookings in the future for those of us who would likely lose faith in Disney.
Thats exactly the reason why if its not available, i'm downgrading my 2021 package to a value resort as i'll have lost my gift cards and dining after rebooking from july 2020 and theres also a chance i may lose my 2k flights too.

I'll also try and get cheap flights for december and try and get 2 hols out of the mess and that'll make up for the downgrade!

If I need to go offsite to do this all, I will try a partner hotel at DS.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 02:42 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
SD
Is the gift card removed too? Seems odd.
As for the AKL move , when the pool closure was announced for about a week it was move at cost and our agent had actually moved us to OKW when they relented and started moving with upgrade for free and our agent got them to reverse our change , then moved to BWI at no cost . Good old Mattie !
Disney do have form for changing things then after realising its bad “show” relenting.

Edited at 02:50 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List