Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 26 Nov 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Day Three- Mara, Katsura Grill and Sanaa

We decided to throw FP plans out the window today. We were supposed to go to HS but got quite a bit done yesterday morning and wanted a bit more chilled day so we could catch up on sleep. Saying that 5am, I was awake. Me and Dad let Andrew sleep whilst we went to refill our mugs and he had a cigarette.

Once Andrew was awake, we decided Epcot was the place of choice as he was desperate to go to the Japan shop.

We went down to Mara for breakfast. The mobile ordering wasnt working so we just ordered at the restaurant. There wasnt a queue so no big deal.

Andrew had the bounty platter (1QS) and swapped his drink for a bagel. I say he, I did as I decided to just have bits from his plate instead of a full meal and we also split the bagel.

Those bagels are huge. Andrew didnt like the grits so I had them and the mickey waffle. Who can turn down a mickey waffle.

Dad had the fried egg, ham and cheese sandwich with breakfast potatoes and a bud light (1QS). This was meant to be for the room for later, but 'apparently' its 5 o'clock somewhere.

This was Dad's first quick service and he was surprised how good the food was. Think he was expecting McDonalds lol.
Suitably full, we dropped the mugs back off at the room and headed out to Epcot. At 09:20, the bus was pretty empty.

Here I managed to find the coveted savoury popcorn (1SC) and grabbed a coke (1SC). Yes I know. snack credits on drink, but I don't care. I don't think we will get through them any other way so why worry.

This was a mix of all three. The only one we really liked was the cheddar one. The orange was too spicy and the sour cream and chive just wasn't cutting it.

We walked around and stopped at Karamel Kuche. No pics I'm afraid as they are still in the fridge. Andrew had a caramel filled chocolate cookie and I had the gingerbread sandwich (2 SC). Reviews will be posted later

Finally we arrived at the Japan pavillion. Money spent in the shop, we then headed to Katsuri Grill to recover.
I ordered the sushi platter with a sprite (1 QS)

Andrew had the Tokotsu Ramen with an Asahi for Dad (1 QS) and we bought another drink with a snack credit (1 SC).

After this, we headed back round and found the poutine stall. A traditional poutine and a large coke were acquired (2 SC)
Me and Dad enjoyed the poutine, but Andrew wasnt so keen. It was the gravy that put him off.

Back to the resort for a chill out at the pool and then to get ready for our Dinner at Sanaa. We walked to Kidani Village which only took 9 minutes.
We were 30 minutes early for our reservation but only waited 10 until we were seated.

I ordered a Mango Lassi whilst Dad had a Tuskers (see previous, they dont change) and Andrew had a coke.

We then of course had to have the bread service. I don't know if I missed this somewhere, but you can swap two desserts for the bread service, so that was a win.

For mains, Me and Dad ordered the curry. Dad- braised beef and Aloo Masala. Me- Goan Seafood Curry and Lentil Dhal. On DDP you can actualy order an additional at no extra cost, but we thought we would struggle with this.

Andrew asked for a Kids meal but as an Adult portion and requested the cheese burger with two mac and cheese. He didnt exactly get what he asked and just got a kids portion with one mac and fruit.

He was very unhappy about this as he eats quite a lot anyway and this was pretty small. I said we would go to Mara and grab him another meal once we got back.
The other dessert credit was used on a Caramel Ndiza which was boxed to go.

As our first table service, this wasnt exactly how I wanted things to go. The server was good and refills were provided promptly. The bread service was great, but Andrews meal really put a dampener on things.
20% tip left ($22.31) and 3 TS used, we caught the bus back to Jambo House. I took Andrew down to Mara where he ordered another burger (1QS) and got a minnie cupcake instead of a drink.

He was much happier with this, and a happy Andrew is alot easier to deal with

Back to the room after this for a relax and then to sleep.

Todays plan: We have a DVC tour at 10:30 so Mara for breakfast and then off to AK in the afternoon. No reservations booked so possible Eight Spoons or Satuli Canteen
dragsapphire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tassiriki
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Great start. Can’t believe they got Andrew’s burger order wrong 😮 Did they not offer to rectify it. The rest looks delicious. I am really looking forward to our first time on DDP in May!
Tassiriki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
jocesk
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Why didn’t you say something to the server?
jocesk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Honestly we should have said something. But it was our first ever TS and we are people that really struggle with complaining. Completely on us for that bit.
dragsapphire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerSmee
Trainee Dibber

I'm the same... takes a LOT for me to complain!
TinkerSmee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Day Four- Eight Spoons and Satuli Canteen

Hey guys. A little bit behind sorry. I swear it has been non stop. Having a break tomorrow as we have run ourselves into the ground a bit.

Day Four started with a DVC tour. Pretty sure I've convinced Dad. Its the husband that isnt so sure.

After that, they gave us a shuttle to Animal Kingdom. We stopped at eight spoons cafe and grabbed three mac and cheese for 1 QS. Two Pulled Pork and one Shrimp. These were great. Very happy. we also grabbed soda for 1 SC.

Once we had run round a bit, I spotted the new Lion King pretzel. Well it had to be done. The cheese dip is included in this one. 1 SC

Andrew was getting hungry so grabbed a quick hotdog and fries from yak and yeti. He didn't take a pic. Bad training. It filled a hole. Nothing exciting.

More running around and it was time for Satuli Canteen. We used mobile order whilst in there as it saved all the questions at the till ( 3 QS)

I had the chilli shrimp with noodles. This has quite a little kick. It was nice. I also got the cheesecake mousse for 1 SC

Andrew had the cheeseburger pod with chips. He enjoyed this enough. It does taste exactly like a Big Mac. Weird.

Dad had the beef with potato hash. He didnt enjoy it. Too healthy for his tastes The green drink was Ale. He said it tasted fine

I had managed to get a FP for FoP. It was our first time on this and it was incredible. I finally understand why people would queue 4 hours for this. Mind blowing.

We stopped at Pongu Pongu for the night blossom and Pineapple spring rolls on our way out of Animal Kingdom (2 SC). They were both really nice. Didnt expect to like the spring rolls but was pleasantly surprised.

Very quick report this day. Alot less food than normal. Starting to struggle already.
Old 28 Nov 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Day Five- Disney Springs

More food today. Some not exactly planned.

We started off with breakfast at the Mara today as Dad had mentioned he had a dizzy spell yesterday probably down to not eating anything until about 1pm and still walking around alot. For anyone who is interested. We are hitting 20 thousand steps a day.

Anyway, Mara. I decided to use 3 QS for this as we were lagging behind. It didnt work. I couldnt finish the food.

Andrew had the bounty platter again, whilst me and dad had the fried egg, ham and cheese sandwich. (3 QS). Two drinks were subbed for snacks. One bagel and one Zebra cake which is residing in the fridge.

We must have caught it wrong this morning, or they were struggling with it being busier, but the potatoes were quite stale this morning. Not nice. The rest was still good though.

We actually had time for a breather this morning and spent an hour in the room before giving up and making our way to Disney Springs.

We were too early for the NBA experience that Andrew wanted to do so ended up in Splitsville. This was on the pretence of just grabbing a drink as House of Blues was also shut. Andrew, however, had different ideas and told the waiter we were eating. Oh well.

We only used 2 TS as Dad didnt want anything. Well, except lager. The server was very nice and added the two alcohol to the TS and totted mine and Andrews sodas as the extra.

Andrew had the blackened chicken burger.

And I had the volcano roll

This was actually a surprise success and very much enjoyed. The server was also very attentive.
We asked for the desserts to go as we really couldnt handle them as well so got a brownie and a cupcake and the others are all ice cream.

The pumpkin spiced cupcake sadly didnt make it. It face planted the floor as Andrew was putting it in the Fridge.

Great meal and a 20% tip was gladly given. You can also go back all day and refill the sodas which is great.

Next we split up as Andrew and Dad did the NBA experience. They let me go shopping. Bad idea. Very bad idea.

A note on the NBA experience. Andrew absolutely loved it but it is about $40 dollars each and they only got 2 hours out of it. Not good value for money.

We popped into Earl of Sandwich to grab the guys some sandwiches for today as they were going to Kennedy Space Centre. No pics as they are there now. (2 QS)

I popped into Ghiradelli and managed to get a gold tin of chocolates and a couple extras for 3 snack credits to try and use some up. I thought I did a good job of stacking them in, but they will actually rearrange them at the till now and she managed to get another 4 big and three small in.

A cheese pretzel was also acquired from Wetzels pretzels 1SC. This reminded me why I love American Pretzels.

A disastrous decision was then made. I decided we needed a drink stop and landed on Jock Lindseys hangar bar. Whilst ordering drinks (nothing exciting just soda and more lager so no pics) we decided to try the temple of bacon $13

Dad loved this but, no word of a lie, to me it tasted like eating chocolate covered cigarettes. It was disgusting. Then to make matters worse, our server decided to completely disappear for 20 minutes. We tried to pay at the till but were told we would have to wait for our server. Bear in mind there was only two other tables in her section. Not happy. No apology. A very small tip was left and a word was had as to why. See, we are learning haha.

Tonight was EEH at Magic Kingdom which I had planned to do before even noticing that the guys would have to be up for 6 am for Kennedy space centre and the event ended at 2am . It was decided to go for the fireworks only and then jump on a ride to give chance for the crowds clear before heading home.

We stopped at Caseys Corner and order 3 mac and cheese hotdogs for 3 QS. I would show you the pic of this but my second in command was in charge of the photos that night and it was one giant blur. He tried.

They were really good hotdogs but me and dad should have shared a foot long as it was again too much.

We were pretty lucky with the fireworks. We took our place an hour and thirty before the start and managed to stand just behind the railings so very little blocked our view. The pushy kids next to me that kept hitting me and stomping on my foot were another matter.

After this, we rushed to our fast pass at 7 dwarves mine train. With 2 minutes left, we got to the fast pass line only for it to break down that exact minute and they said that was it for the night. Gutted. We went across to Space mountain instead and rode that before heading home for the night. We got in at 23:58 and fell asleep pretty quickly.
Old 28 Nov 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Day six- Magic Kingdom and Boma

I'm actually going to get ahead of myself and start todays now

As previously mentioned, the guys were off to KSC today. The bus left from the Swan so they left at 7am and the room was empty when I surfaced at 07:30am. I did have a reservation at BoG for breakfast at 8am but I have had a really big issue with chaffing to the point of it bleeding so had given myself permission to rest a bit.

Today is Thanksgiving so it was a pretty bad idea to go to Magic Kingdom. The bus was busy from the get go. First stop was first aid to see if they could help. Sadly they only had slightly bigger bandages but its helped a little.

In Gastons Tavern I picked up the cinnamon roll.(1SC) I asked for extra icing but, at 09:20am, they were out. Sad times. It was still nice. I think the pull is the size rather than the flavour as I have had better.

As I was walking around, I chanced my arm to see if I could get a BoG reservation for lunch. Someone was looking out for me as I managed to get one for 11:10. Very happy.
I ordered the croque monsieur with pomme frites and a soda. (1 QS)

It was ok. I should have ordered a salad or something as I was craving green, but I was only there to see the castle really anyway.

A few more rides conquered and I was starting to get quite dehydrated. I wanted cold and wet. There arent many places that do milkshakes in magic Kingdom that I could find so I ended up at the main street bakery.
I ordered a Venti Caramel Frappe and picked up some apple slices and a blondie (3 SC). The Blondie is in the fridge. Can you tell its getting full, although the Karamel Kuche things are now eaten.

These were lovely and just what I needed. I sat at the little offshoot road just down from the bakery and watched the parade from there. Its a nice spot to watch it as people can stand at the entrance to it so the view doesnt get blocked.

After this I looked through a few shops but really was getting too sore and tired. Its been pretty warm today. I tried to rest in the plaza garden but it wasnt doing it so decided to leave.

We were meant to be meeting at Epcot for Teppan Edo at 20:00 tonight. But, I am tired and the guys dont even get back to the Swan until 18:30 so we decided to swap it for Boma and do Teppan Edo tomorrow.
Old 1 Dec 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

Great report so far food looks good. Thanks for sharing.
I feel your pain on the (fondly known as chub rub) chaffing try in hotel shop for some body glide or if you’re out at the shops again well worth getting some and keeping in your bag hope it’s better soon.
M.
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 02:49 AM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mojo.121 View Post
Great report so far food looks good. Thanks for sharing.
I feel your pain on the (fondly known as chub rub) chaffing try in hotel shop for some body glide or if you’re out at the shops again well worth getting some and keeping in your bag hope it’s better soon.
M.
Thanks mojo. I think I let it get too far without doing anything so it is quite bad and bleeds now. Got plasters covering in the hope it gives it half a chance to heal