MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Dreaming, Then The Beach Club Day 2

Day 2 Sept 2nd.

Last night we made the decision to try to extend our booking (due to start on the 6th) at the Beach Club for the 4/5th and to try to get our park tickets started on Wednesday instead of Friday, but first we went to try out POFQ food court - Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory - for breakfast. I love Biscuits and Gravy even though everyone thinks they look awful, so I chose that and Russ had an omelette. It's a great food court and in the way out we found a model of the Disney Dream that we should have been boarding at that very minute!
We caught a bus to Hollywood Studios and a Friendship to the Beach Club where it was a lot harder than it should have been to book for the 2 nights. In fact I was 'advised' to book it myself online as if I booked with them I'd only go on a waitlist for a room (despite rooms being available on the WDW site), then eventually it took 'discussion' with a manager to get our tickets brought forward by 2 days - I had to explain that we had 14 day tickets and were only using 12 days, they just didn't seem to understand. Pixie dust? Nah, not today pet.
Another bus ride, this time to Disney Springs where we headed straight to Jock Lyndsay's bar for a couple of drinks, some live music, lunch at Earl of Sandwich and a look in the shops before another boat ride back to POFQ where we put our feet up for a while. There had been a couple of very heavy rain showers through the afternoon but it was still hot.
Later on we had a gorgeous walk along the river to POR for dinner at Boatwrights, another first for us. We loved POR and would definitely stay there. Neither of us were starving so after eating the corn bread we both just had Jambalaya and a drink. Service and good were great. After the meal we had a wander round the store and enjoyed the walk back (it's a mile).

DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by MrsBC - 24 Sep 19 5:34 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A nice relaxing day
How strange suggesting you book online when you are stood at the Desk

Joan
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mick View Post
A nice relaxing day
How strange suggesting you book online when you are stood at the Desk

Joan
Yes - she said that if she booked it we would just go on a waitlist as people were waiting to hear if there were rooms (to get away from the coast etc). I told her we'd seen availability on the WDW site online and thats when she suggested we do it. I was sat 5 yards away from her in my phone! As soon as i booked she then linked the 2 rooms so we didn't have to move after 2 nights. At the time it was quite stressful but it all worked out in the end.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lovely day and glad you got things sorted out eventually.

I remember the rain on the Monday as we got caught in it and were absolutely soaked we wouldn't have been any wetter if we'd jumped in the pool 😂😂
Old 30 Sep 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Seem ludicrous that she the couldn't book your extra 2 nights! Alls well that ends well though, I'm glad you got it sorted.
Old 3 Oct 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Shame you had such a faff trying to sort out your stay. Looks like a nice day

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Seem ludicrous that she the couldn't book your extra 2 nights! Alls well that ends well though, I'm glad you got it sorted.
Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Shame you had such a faff trying to sort out your stay. Looks like a nice day
Yes it was a pain at the time, but all worked out well in the end
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
Old 20 Dec 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Yes - she said that if she booked it we would just go on a waitlist as people were waiting to hear if there were rooms (to get away from the coast etc). I told her we'd seen availability on the WDW site online and thats when she suggested we do it. I was sat 5 yards away from her in my phone! As soon as i booked she then linked the 2 rooms so we didn't have to move after 2 nights. At the time it was quite stressful but it all worked out in the end.
We had a similar thing at the Ice Bar in London - we were going past and asked about going in. They said they had plenty of space but we could only book by leaving reception, going outside and booking online, then coming back in with our booking details! So bizarre!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List